• Married 6-10 yrs

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Married 11 - 15 yrs

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Married + 15 yrs

Votes: 20 31.3%

• Total voters
This message resonates with me.

My Aunties will be playing a card game and they will ask things like "what do you think Mum?".

Whanau is eternal, Pakeha call it dna, they call it genetic inheritance, and they call it evolution and instinct.

As you know, your kids will have mannerisms from mum and similar interests and such like.

In a non White model that is nothing to do with things that can be tested in labs, it is just how people are, their ancestors are always with them, around them, supporting them, guiding and communicating with them through signs...or Tohu....a beautiful word that the Warriors captain just so happens to carry as a name.

White science does believe in the basic principles, things like what we call Mauri the life force the energy that is in all things, Pakeha science agrees that energy is eternal and can never be destroyed, that we are made up of Star factory atoms that every element in our bodies was made in the heavens.

Pakeha science is also of a mind to consider that consciousness is something that they do not have the tools to understand nor define, they cannot even make up their minds about self awareness and the non Human life forms on this planet.

Yet they think that self awareness is something that a computer program is capable of, a literal bunch of zeros and ones in the Pakeha ether generated by pushing keys on a keyboard.

Eh.

Think about it, think about how basic and uncomplicated the pathway to AI is, versus the spiritual foot print of a life that leaves behind evolutionary coding that is a billion years old.

Talking to your wife is normal in my world, feeling strong in doing so because she was part of you, part of how you see the world, part of who your children are and part of the fabric of the Universe is normal too.

There has to be a reason the earth, the people who live on it, are so rare in our neck of the woods and there has to be a reason that before homo sapiens, the cave folk invented the spiritual realm.

We think spirituality is human (homo Sapien) it is not, spirituality can be seen in the behavior of higher beings like Elephants that visit grave yards and Whales that beach themselves as a grouping, rather than leave one loved one stranded alone.

I spoke to my grandfather once, when I was huddled by a concrete bbq waiting for a gunman to find me and shoot me, that korero made me ten foot tall and bullet proof, call me crazy I do not care, all I know is talking to the dead is powerful and not strange at all.

I am a science nerd, yet I know there is more to heaven and earth.
I personally don't have any of the spiritual outlook you're describing Sup, which probly comes down to the question of can our consciousness/essence/spirit continue after physical death. I wish I did.

I don't quite see it as a White science thing either, as the Arabic world was once the innovators of mathematics, logic and reason before Islam and Mongol conquests, while euros were still pretty primitive.

As I said I wish I had your comfort, then again I've never been in a war zone or facing imminent death, so what do I know, nothing really. Who can judge if a feeling is right or wrong.

I personally don't have any of the spiritual outlook you're describing Sup, which probly comes down to the question of can our consciousness/essence/spirit continue after physical death. I wish I did.

I don't quite see it as a White science thing either, as the Arabic world was once the innovators of mathematics, logic and reason before Islam and Mongol conquests, while euros were still pretty primitive.

As I said I wish I had your comfort, then again I've never been in a war zone or facing imminent death, so what do I know, nothing really. Who can judge if a feeling is right or wrong.

Another interesting topic worth exploring

Death and the after life

I am not into religion, I will go as far as saying I cannot discount it. However although religions are different every culture and race has its ghosts. When she used to get ready for work pretty much every day she couldn't find her hair tie. After her death the house was blessed etc, Leslie was Maori but wasn't into her culture. I had no problem with it. Her family cleaned the house top to bottom. A couple of months after she died I got up and on the floor on her side of the bed was one of her hair ties. To this day I have no logical explanation for that.

I am not into religion, I will go as far as saying I cannot discount it. However although religions are different every culture and race has its ghosts. When she used to get ready for work pretty much every day she couldn't find her hair tie. After her death the house was blessed etc, Leslie was Maori but wasn't into her culture. I had no problem with it. Her family cleaned the house top to bottom. A couple of months after she died I got up and on the floor on her side of the bed was one of her hair ties. To this day I have no logical explanation for that.
Got a cat?

Back