Player Jeff Robson

Jordan G

Rumour mill suggests Robson to the Knights? Only got 2 days to sort it out if true, the deadline is approaching.

I don't think we should expect to see any new signings before June 30 on our end, but there is a possiblity that Robson departing means top 25/second tier gets shuffled around enough for someone new to debut if needed (not 100% sure how it works, but I assume we have to have a top 25 at all times and things filter down from there).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour mill suggests Robson to the Knights? Only got 2 days to sort it out if true, the deadline is approaching.

I don't think we should expect to see any new signings before June 30 on our end, but there is a possiblity that Robson departing means top 25/second tier gets shuffled around enough for someone knew to debut if needed (not 100% sure how it works, but I assume we have to have a top 25 at all times and things filter down from there).

That was my take on it. To me it signifies the following: if Shaun Johnson or Leuluai get injured - Lolohea or Hingano will slot in there. If Lolohea is needed at fullback, Hingano will be halves cover.

I assume it means someone from the second tier cap will move into the top 25, relaxing the second tier cap a bit, allowing someone else to come into the second tier cap to get game time if needed. I don't know who that would be.

If someone wants to have a crack at naming the top 25 - we could probably work it out.

I did think he wasn't our best purchase but those circumstances suck. I'm sure being away from the family for the first month would be bliss, and would suck permanently after that.

Thanks for having a crack Robbo.

Didn't have to be Nostradamus to have seen this coming... It was quite an amazing sacrifice in the first instance, given everything happening in his home life, to be in another country and to be playing reserve grade would have probably been too much - he could play reserve grade in OZ just as easily and be with his family.

Good man with a good heart, but a profoundly limited player who most was asking too much of himself to try and slot into a team like ours, with all its idiosyncracies in such little time. For every Blake Ayshford there's a (or in our case several) Jeff Robson.

Good luck to him, and his family.

He was worth the spare salary cap we gave him to come over, if Tommy and Shaun Johnson weren't able to start the year, we would have 0 half experience for cover. He didn't produce much in his games, but can appreciate the thoughts on getting him here.

Good on you Robbo, all the best with the Fam.

Would be pretty lol if he goes to the Knights.

To replace Foran while he's injured?

The Eels shouldn't be signing anyone with their current cap issues. If Kelly or Cornish aren't injured they should be playing them before signing someone else. Mind you the way the Eels work there will be an announcement that they have signed Robosn for the remainder of the year on some silly figure like $400k or higher.:rolleyes:

It will be good to see him get picked up so he can finish off the year seeing as he decided to play on. Then retire when he originally intended. It's more WTF the Eels are still looking to sign players.

A Sydney side is the most likely option now that he is back with his family. The Knights would probably work as the drive to Newcastle and back is a lot easier on his home situation than flying back and forth between Australia and New Zealand.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Jeff Robson signs with Eels after leaving Warriors
3:22 PM Friday Jul 1, 2016

GettyImages-514761832_620x311.jpg

Jeff Robson of the Warriors looks to pass during their round two NRL match against the Brisbane Broncos. Photo / Getty
Parramatta have signed Warriors halfback Jeff Robson for the remainder of the NRL season. Robson, who was released from the Warriors earlier in the week, played 61 games for the club in 2009 and 2011 but is expected to mostly play reserve grade on his return.
"Jeff is a very experienced playmaker who will add depth to our side this season," coach Brad Arthur said.
"He'll also be a great asset to work alongside the young and developing centres and second rowers in our reserve grade side."
Parramatta's horror-run with injuries as well as the departure of a number of NRL players due to the salary cap scandal have wreaked havoc on the club's depth.
It is likely to be the last contract of the 33-year-old's career, who played in the junior grades for Parramatta before also playing at Manly and Cronulla

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
We might actually see Jeff one more time at Mt Smart when the Warriors play their last game of the regular season.
That's assuming there is no clause like Koni had in his contract ;)