Player Jazz Tevaga

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Think he's been one of our best this year. Use to hate him and now I love him. We need Jazz just as much as every other team needs a Jazz.

Long live the junkyard dog WOOF WOOF!!

One of our best this year? thats a stretch mate

he started the season strong but has been shit house or non-existent the last month.

his fuck up losing the ball, then giving away a soft try at dummy half against the cows is still fresh in my mind..

happy to keep him if the price is right, but also happy he leave's to see if he excels in a different environment....

It’s a shame Sironen has played injury and hasn’t been able to get some form going.

If he was playing like he did for Bunnies last year, would be easy decision to move Tevaga on.

For me it comes down to $$. I want to keep him but we shouldn’t be paying overs to keep him. If anything we need to try keep him on a bargain deal.

Im confident that he’s replaceable if he decides to go for the money. We have some good young locks coming through.

I wonder if the storm will take him for a "like for like" replacement to release Brandon Smith early. I like jazz, but we don't need him. We already have one of the best middles in the game(Harris) and we absolutely need Brandon Smith. Looks like Finucane is leaving Melbourne so he could be handy there. I haven't heard anything about us chasing Brandon Smith which is frustrating to be honest.

It’s a shame Sironen has played injury and hasn’t been able to get some form going.

If he was playing like he did for Bunnies last year, would be easy decision to move Tevaga on.

For me it comes down to $$. I want to keep him but we shouldn’t be paying overs to keep him. If anything we need to try keep him on a bargain deal.

Im confident that he’s replaceable if he decides to go for the money. We have some good young locks coming through.
What exactly did Sironen do for the Bunnies last year? I have seen this mentioned a bit however I must have closed my eyes for a moment and missed it. Below average player who doesn’t offer close to the upside of Jazz.

I wonder if the storm will take him for a "like for like" replacement to release Brandon Smith early. I like jazz, but we don't need him. We already have one of the best middles in the game(Harris) and we absolutely need Brandon Smith. Looks like Finucane is leaving Melbourne so he could be handy there. I haven't heard anything about us chasing Brandon Smith which is frustrating to be honest.
Don't think Bsmith is the answer ,hell of a player but his personality is out there

Don't think Bsmith is the answer ,hell of a player but his personality is out there
I'd take that risk lol. Yeah look apart of me does wonder how he'd go outside of the storm system, he already is a bit of a loose unit. But you never know maybe that larrikin type is the type of personality the warriors need ?

Reactions: ArtySubs
Pros:
I like his energy,
He seems popular with the other guys...I assume that means they prefer him in the side
He tries hard
Hes in the side when we aren't good enough to make the eight
Apparently hes cheap

Cons:
Hes makes more than his share of mistakes
He makes them at the worst possible time
In the worst possible field position
He gives away more than his share of penalties
Hes too small for a backrower,
Hes too small to be a prop,
Hes too slow to be a back
He thinks he can get paid more somewhere else.
He won't be in the side when we are good enough to win a Grand Final.
In summary:
Cons outweigh the Pros.

Noticed his time on the field had dropped from around 50 minutes down 20 - 30 minutes these past couple of rounds, The club's come in with a lower offer and is now playing hardball. I can't argue with that, he's a handy player Jazz but I wouldn't risk paying overs for him and upsetting the balance of the cap.

Seems like in the end he'll chase the money going by his comments.

What exactly did Sironen do for the Bunnies last year? I have seen this mentioned a bit however I must have closed my eyes for a moment and missed it. Below average player who doesn’t offer close to the upside of Jazz.
Not too sure what to say if you didn't think he played well when he got moved to the starting line up last year by Wayne. He's a gun.

POS isn't just gonna sign someone to a 3 year deal for no reason.

Recency bias kicking in. You're just unhappy with how he's currently playing. Nothing wrong with that, he hasn't been as good as expected this season.

This will be fascinating to see how it plays out. Obviously sees himself as a leader and a starter etc but from the club's point of view he's a bench player than adds a bit of energy and can cover dummy half.
Jazz looking for more money but Warriors looking to pay slightly less or maybe the same as what he's on.
Could see him thriving at another club where if he didn't cut the errors and ill discipline he'd be in reserve grade. Kid's got the heart of a lion or probably better so imagine what he could do in a better environment.
Always thought he played first grade too early. At another club he would have done two years in Q Cup or the less desirable NSW Cup and honed his craft without the first grade pressure and spotlight

Reactions: Tragic
Not too sure what to say if you didn't think he played well when he got moved to the starting line up last year by Wayne. He's a gun.

Recency bias kicking in. You're just unhappy with how he's currently playing. Nothing wrong with that, he hasn't been as good as expected this season.
I think we already have the replacement in sironen, yes sironen isn't playing the house down but Perter O'Sullivan rates him very highly I just wish they could settle on a position, maybe it's lock position with Ale back up?

Reactions: jmb_31
This from Fox NRL, maybe he wants more time at five-eighth..

WWOS’ The Mole reported Warriors utility Jazz Tevaga is the latest player on the Trent Barrett’s radar.

The 25-year-old has scored five tries in 77 games for the Warriors since his debut in 2016 and is off-contract at the end of the 2021 season.

Tevaga’s versatility could be invaluable to the Bullodgs as he can cover every forward position including hooker and can also play five-eighth and centre.

Tevaga has been offered a two-year deal to stay at the Warriors, but the Bulldogs could have more money to bring to the table as they are in the process of a player clean-out.

It’s not recency bias. I just wasn’t particularly impressed by what I saw from him at the Bunnies & I’m definitely not impressed by what I’ve seen so far at the Warriors. I can only assume he’s been signed on potential however like a couple of other younger players in the team I’m yet to see it.

This from Fox NRL, maybe he wants more time at five-eighth..

WWOS’ The Mole reported Warriors utility Jazz Tevaga is the latest player on the Trent Barrett’s radar.

The 25-year-old has scored five tries in 77 games for the Warriors since his debut in 2016 and is off-contract at the end of the 2021 season.

Tevaga’s versatility could be invaluable to the Bullodgs as he can cover every forward position including hooker and can also play five-eighth and centre.

Tevaga has been offered a two-year deal to stay at the Warriors, but the Bulldogs could have more money to bring to the table as they are in the process of a player clean-out.
To be honest he will be better used in a rebuild team which suits his strengths of a good attitude and work ethic. Not such a good fit for a top 8 team where they need more talent.

Which are we???

Last edited:
I like jazz hope he stays but agree with others he's been disappointing last few rounds no energy at all.... Usually you know when he's on the field the energy levels go up but not lately.... Could be the contract negotiation and maybe having to move is affecting his thinking on the field

It’s not recency bias. I just wasn’t particularly impressed by what I saw from him at the Bunnies & I’m definitely not impressed by what I’ve seen so far at the Warriors. I can only assume he’s been signed on potential however like a couple of other younger players in the team I’m yet to see it.
I think he was very good last year with the Bunnies - all the reviews were very good. He was excellent in the first game win over the Titans. Unfortunately he has been playing with an injured shoulder (not ideal in the collision sport league is). Get that shoulder right, and the output is higher. Has a high ceiling than Tevaga

I think jazz needs to understand the situation the dogs are in. They’re going backwards. They’ve got two good players in addo carr & burton going there next year (burton may yet backflip), and I’d be intrigued to see how they go. Players who’ve gone there this year have gone backwards, immensely. Cotric was talked about as an origin player. Flanagan was a high quality half, now dropped. Corey Allen played origin, and has been garbage this year. I respect that he wants to make more money, but with more money comes more expectation, and he will be going to a considerably shitter team. Warriors are on the up. Dogs are going backwards. I guess for him is, money or success. I respect either, but that’s the decision. I’d expect the other dogs players are reflecting on their decision to take the $ as they’re one win this year. Money isn’t everything.

I think jazz needs to understand the situation the dogs are in. They’re going backwards. They’ve got two good players in addo carr & burton going there next year (burton may yet backflip), and I’d be intrigued to see how they go. Players who’ve gone there this year have gone backwards, immensely. Cotric was talked about as an origin player. Flanagan was a high quality half, now dropped. Corey Allen played origin, and has been garbage this year. I respect that he wants to make more money, but with more money comes more expectation, and he will be going to a considerably shitter team. Warriors are on the up. Dogs are going backwards. I guess for him is, money or success. I respect either, but that’s the decision. I’d expect the other dogs players are reflecting on their decision to take the $ as they’re one win this year. Money isn’t everything.
Not to mention that the Bulldogs are certainly one of the least liked NRL sides. Probably just behind Manly. Probably the Bottom 4 would be from the Top: Storm, Sharks, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles. Even when they made the GF against the Broncos back in 1998, the general Sydney attitude was "C'mon, Bulldogs.....I guess. (Sigh)"

The Bulldogs appear to be the new Eels - issues on and off-field. And no even fairly-quick fix available.

Reactions: bruce and shuffle