Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Knights

Team Lists

Careful mate. I suggested that was the case previously and got set on by the Luke's family members.

He isn't better than who we have there currently though so it's unlikely
Got no reservations about the team at present as they’ve all obviously earned it but I hope it keeps progressing and we’re not scared to make changes if they’re required. I do share some of your concerns though

Careful mate. I suggested that was the case previously and got set on by the Luke's family members.

He isn't better than who we have there currently though so it's unlikely
Mate Metcalf came out this season with an improved kicking game, a wicked cut out ball for a Try, and is still the best player at the club at pushing up in support.

I was very wary of Metcalf, but unlike you, I like being proven wrong, and I have to say I was wrong and Metcalf is part of the answer for us winning this title.

Think about it, Metcalf and Roger should be (and will be) the most dangerous combination of players in the NRL, as such Webster is a genius.

Roger has the creativity to make something out of nothing, Metcalf has the instincts and speed to race in for a Try by using Roger to take the heat off him.

When those two click, and it will come, it will be the best attacking arm the Warriors have seen since 2002.

Last edited:
Got no reservations about the team at present as they’ve all obviously earned it but I hope it keeps progressing and we’re not scared to make changes if they’re required. I do share some of your concerns though
People keep going on about when that side of the field clicks and they should be lethal etc but I haven't seen anything from LM too dissimilar to what we saw last season. Happy to have Luke change my mind but a few highlights isn't going to do it. Against top teams a one edge dominant attack and a single ball playing half isn't going to get it done IMO. Injuries to key people haven't helped over the opening rounds but this week is pretty close to the team that ran out in the finals against a red hot knights outfit at the time. We blew them away with a very balanced side. Will be interesting to see how we go against this knights team who have been stuttering along and missing a few players. I'm expecting a win by a comfortable margin. Need to get closer to a more complete performance leading in to the next few games that include the bunnies and Manly. Manly could end up being a very good litmus test for the remainder of the season for us

Last edited:
Now all we have to worry about is Ponga, Best, Cogger, a couple of Saifitis and Frizell. Maybe Jack if he's feeling Mad. Pfft should be easy. 48-10.

I detect despite the humour disguising it that you expect a 13+ victory. Analysts across the ditch are expecting a close game and warriors to win by about 6 points.

You missed Brailey on your list.

I detect despite the humour disguising it that you expect a 13+ victory. Analysts across the ditch are expecting a close game and warriors to win by about 6 points.

You missed Brailey on your list.
This reads stiffer than I intended. I mean no controversy by my post !!! All is good.

If we remain 1-17 with the Knights form and players missing we should put in a dominant performance. Would not surprise me if we kick out to an early 10+ point lead. If all goes well can see us blowing them away in this game.
Only if we execute

-No knock ons with the line begging
-Metcalf not over running as the support man on the break and spilling the final pass
-Metcalf not running Montoya into touch
-Ford holding the ball in tackles
-Walker not playing Ginger
-Niukore not being rusty

Do we get the first half Storm or the second half Storm

Only if we execute

-No knock ons with the line begging
-Metcalf not over running as the support man on the break and spilling the final pass
-Metcalf not running Montoya into touch
-Ford holding the ball in tackles
-Walker not playing Ginger
-Niukore not being rusty

Do we get the first half Storm or the second half Storm
I reckon we get 2nd half Raiders with Roger at the back and Pomps in Capewah's makeshift centre, against a less physical team. Might even ascend to next level on Sunday if the stars align. Not to be blasphemous on Easter Sunday, but I expect Rocco to have a big one.

I challenge anyone who doubts the Rompey Pompey to go to 2:28 in the video below and tell me that's not Heyzeus himself reincarnate walking on water..

View: https://youtu.be/QswOfOYHsGU?si=Cn6D44GJhksly7RP

images (14) (20).jpeg

People keep going on about when that side of the field clicks and they should be lethal etc but I haven't seen anything too dissimilar to what we saw last season. Happy to have Luke change my mind but a few highlights isn't going to do it. Against top teams a one edge dominant attack and a single ball playing half isn't going to get it done IMO. Injuries to key people haven't helped over the opening rounds but this week is pretty close to the team that ran out in the finals against a red hot knights outfit at the time. We blew them away with a very balanced side. Will be interesting to see how we go against this knights team who have been stuttering along and missing a few players. I'm expecting a win by a comfortable margin. Need to get closer to a more complete performance leading in to the next few games that include the bunnies and Manly. Manly could end up being a very good litmus test for the remainder of the season for us

Players need game time to build combinations. Training is all well and but gamete.e is the test significant disruption to that time has been lost going to Fullback. I just say give them time they will get there.

On paper, I think we are stronger in more positions than the Knights. I think their only clear advantage is at centre and possibly the huge threat of Ponga. I think Johnson will bomb Ponga to limit his threat if this is possible. Although come to think of it this aerial tactic which has been used a lot to good effect is probably better used against the wingers who are nearer the sidelines. I do think the 2 players who need a better performance are Montoya and Ford, the latter seems to be a bit too mistake prone atm. I am happy that Pompey gets his chance to start because he was definitely one of our most consistent performers last year. Ali will get his opportunities as he is still very young and biding his time will only increase his hunger to succeed and allow him more time to develop his defensive reads etc. I also think Afoa deserves his spot in the interchange ahead of Ale just based on his defensive qualities. The additions of Egan in the starting lineup and Niukore and Walker on the interchange ensure we definitely have our strongest 17 going into a game against another good side. I hope we lift a gear from the previous 2 games but more importantly come away with another 2 points.

Back