Post Match Warriors v Raiders - [Round 3, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F----

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not pretty, but as expected, a tough grinding game. Raiders almost got the ambush. Certainly not anywhere near the cake walk some were saying.

Definitely need Egan and CNK back. I know plenty seem to like the odd Metcalf highlight but again, watch that second half and the lack of involvement and urgency to take the game on. Would much prefer a 6 that can provide SJ a break from doing it all and more involved consistently that can balance the side better.

Take the 2 points and bank it.

Hopefully we can build from here and get our spine right
Why pick on one person all the time.
Webster will pick him again next week and he knows his team and what he wants.

The HIA's can be a real lottery. I said last week in the Dolphins game when Nikorima went off. Guys go off for a knock that doesn't look like much and fail, while others take a big blow and either don't go off or pass the HIA.

That collision with Rapana and Tuaupiki it looked like it was more Rapana taking the blow to the head and Tuapiki's shoulder. I was expecting Tuaupiki to be back.

Makes you wonder if the independent doctor brough both of them off it Rapana would have failed as well.

The Knights will probably go down to the Storm and be 0-3 so will be desperate. They are a side that have played well against us in the past couple of years. No easy beat. I expect another game like tonight, but hopefully Egan will be back to give a bit more direction. Lussick was good, but I like having CHT on the bench.

Souths will be an interesting watch now. They are our opposition in round 5, so it will be interesting to see if they still look long in the tooth, or if the old hat's class shines through.

Last edited:
Not pretty, but as expected, a tough grinding game. Raiders almost got the ambush. Certainly not anywhere near the cake walk some were saying.

Definitely need Egan and CNK back. I know plenty seem to like the odd Metcalf highlight but again, watch that second half and the lack of involvement and urgency to take the game on. Would much prefer a 6 that can provide SJ a break from doing it all and more involved consistently that can balance the side better.

Take the 2 points and bank it.

Hopefully we can build from here and get our spine right
Big man Niukore too, missing his drive and impact.

Will say though, possibly SJ calls for it, or Lussick has a tendency to send it that way, especially on the last, but what do we know, can't hear who calls what

We don't really score from long range. Inside the 20 we are deadly.

The tries from 40 out would be a lot more common if guys making breaks would set up the next pass. It seems like we have had quite a few guys put through holes the last season and either slipped over in the break or failed to set up the support. Well mainly the starters, cause Ale did it well. It may have not ended up scoring play but he handled it better than a few of his experienced team mates.

Back