General Ivan Cleary

Northern_Union

I'm almost dredding game now other than watching the U20's.....just lately i have been switching off after the U20's and just watching the NRL side with no real passion.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Just give Shaun Johnson, Isaac John or Liam Foran a crack.

We might as well, seen as neither of our current halves are future options, and neither of them are setting the competition a light!

Jesbass_old

Just give Shaun Johnson, Isaac John or Liam Foran a crack.

We might as well, seen as neither of our current halves are future options, and neither of them are setting the competition a light!

Liam Foran seems to be out of favour and is, by all accounts, far short of what we need. Aaron Heremaia seems to be next in line.

Magic Stick_old

Maybe it is the coach? How can a team go from looking progressive , solid and potential plus this season to getting ass whipped by the team that got ass whipped? This is really low man. I don't have any answers, only severe frustration. I'm sure my blood pressure goes up every sunday arvo.

For me its coming down to Ivan and Ackland

Yes we are losing....but its how we are losing

At the moment we are lacking even the basic skills like Catching,Passing,Disciplin
Ive seen no improvement in our attack structure.same old rubbish everyweek.we have the best winger in the world,but we use him as a battering ram,and we kick to him like he is playing aussie rules
If anything we are getting worse.i cant see a gameplan or what there trying to acheive out there other than try get close and put the lucky dip kick to Manu

We use to be the entertainers of Rugby League,we need to bring some of that natural flair back but with the right balance

NathanW_old

Right on Magic.
Basic discipline and flow and goal oriented game play executed well. Why are we still lacking basic structure at this time in the season.
Why use Manu like a battering ram? It undervalues him. Other teams are going to be offering him very good money to come to them. Cleary should use him in a way that takes advantage of all his amazing skills. Use the team to create space where he can throw his power and speed at one or two people not 4! Then when the opposing team is forced to shift to cover him, swing the ball back to the team and start smashing the weak areas again. He is also carrying a niggly knee, is smashing him to bits every game the way to take care of him? Manu is a freak of nature and is rare and a valuable asset. Don't use him like a big lumbering foward that is designed for taking and delivering smashing forces. Thats what Price, Packer and Tumivave are for.

Magic Stick_old

Has Cleary sucked the life out of this team ?

For example bring back the fiery Mckinnon who gave the odd penalty away...I remember watching Wade at Mt Smart during 2007
You could hear him yelling and barking at the boys over the crowd noise

Lego_Man_old

Heres something else that is bugging me, why is everyone targeting Jones when we have a winger offering nothing?

This comment perfectly illustrates the flawed nature of all your analysis and is really just straw-clutching.

Wingers dont own the result of a game.

Halfbacks do.

It's that simple.

KempForanMoon_old

where does ivan go now.can he see clearly now fieny has gone,theres no more obstacles in ivans way.witt and rovelli have also dissapeared

DanKokoro_old

This comment perfectly illustrates the flawed nature of all your analysis and is really just straw-clutching.

Halfbacks do.

It's that simple.

Yeah.. I've given up arguing with NU.. No matter what happens he will always see what he wants to see.. and thats Kemp being the "worst winger in the NRL",. I bag the sh*t out of Jones, but so does 90% of these forums now. And for the better part I think it's justified. However, if he turns around next weekend and has a blinder, i'll be the first to say he played well. Having said that, the chances of that happening are about as likely as NU making a post that I even slightly agree with.

KempForanMoon_old

what does nu expect from kemp.we dont pass the ball to him in try scoring situations,up until the cowboys game we never kicked to his wing,whats kemp meant to do,he does his work in scooting out of dummy to help forwards

weird how guys hate players for no reason.swap kemp with weinterstein and kemp would have 10-12 tries

Spence_old

what does nu expect from kemp.we dont pass the ball to him in try scoring situations,up until the cowboys game we never kicked to his wing,whats kemp meant to do,he does his work in scooting out of dummy to help forwards

weird how guys hate players for no reason.swap kemp with weinterstein and kemp would have 10-12 tries

You are right, NU would say that he expects him to do more work. He provided stats saying he took 3 hit ups or something. He would also critisise his defence, as he missed a few tackles today. Read one of the earlier posts, it's all there.

ToiletDuck_old

You are right, NU would say that he expects him to do more work. He provided stats saying he took 3 hit ups or something. He would also critisise his defence, as he missed a few tackles today. Read one of the earlier posts, it's all there.

Then read the post that says Ah Van left Kemp exposed on a number of occasions, probably all of the occasions he's talking about. As DK said, NU sees what he wants to see.

Kaiaua krusher_old

The great Messiah has had 4 years to establish a halves combination. During this time he has either been dismantling the combinations or building one. We are in building mode mark 479 and so we select a mobile sandwich maker and a 20 year old centre who played 5/8 when he was 9 years old. Great call Ivan, now all we have to do is get the other 11 players to play their tits off and just maybe mark 479 might work against the Sharks, but nobody else. Wicked!!!

Lego_Man_old

Then read the post that says Ah Van left Kemp exposed on a number of occasions, probably all of the occasions he's talking about. As DK said, NU sees what he wants to see.

He also thinks wingers are more important than halves to the success of a team...

Truth is if we had good halves, you could throw Jesbass on Kemp's wing and we'd still win more games than we are currently.

garyhobson_old

Liam Foran seems to be out of favour and is, by all accounts, far short of what we need. Aaron Heremaia seems to be next in line.

How can Liam Foran be any worse than Stacey Jones? I would really like to see this guy be given a go.

KeepingTheFaith_old

How can Liam Foran be any worse than Stacey Jones? I would really like to see this guy be given a go.

So would I, and Foran's game would suit Moon perfectly.

Foran is a strong organiser, a smart kicker and quick distributor. It will force Moon to play both sides of the field and give him time to play what's in front of him and play instinctively which is what he needs to do.

I think having two halves with a strong combination is better than having the best two halves. It's always nice when the best two also have the best combination, but clearly that isn't the case with the Warriors so far.

fitzy_old

Some blame can be laid at Cleary's door. but he shouldn't have to be coaching catching and passing. The game on Sunday showed a lack of courage and heart in the forwards. It was 5 minutes into the game before Price had his first touch. Amazing from a player who used to have 2/3 hitups in the first set. I.m certain that Cleary doesn/t tell Staceey to pass the ball to Rapira (or some other forward) on the last tackle when on attack inside the attacking 20. How many times has that happened in the last few weeks? More than a few I would say.
The team just does not seem happy, and it begs the question, is there stuff going on behind the scenes that we do not know about?

Northern_Union

Halfbacks do.

It's that simple.

I agree with you wingers don't own results, but would that apply to Aiden Kirk as well because he was a favourite target of a few on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Yeah.. I've given up arguing with NU.. No matter what happens he will always see what he wants to see.. and thats Kemp being the "worst winger in the NRL",. I bag the sh*t out of Jones, but so does 90% of these forums now. And for the better part I think it's justified. However, if he turns around next weekend and has a blinder, i'll be the first to say he played well. Having said that, the chances of that happening are about as likely as NU making a post that I even slightly agree with.

The fact that i disagree with you tells me i'm on the right track.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Three hit ups yesterday.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings