General Ivan Cleary

Magic Stick_old

People will say its the players on the field,Cleary can only do so much

Cleary also has built this team.With his signing of players,and releasing players...in others words this is Ivan's team, He wasnt dealt a bad deck,But he has built a badly flawed team,You cant have a washed up halfback guiding this team around the park in slow motion...i still beleive we have the strike weapons.
We are also seriously lacking a ball playing secondrower....Cleary doesnt give Matulino much mins. and they use him wrong when he is on the park

Also what the F**k is Cleary coaching them at training.. he keeps mixing and matching his players,but we keep producing the same old crap everyweek. Stacey kicking to Manu's wing or the Stacey wrap around. its so predictable,none of our forwards are very good at second phase play either,they should be going at the line in numbers,but its just one up rubbush

Cleary needs to mix some youth and restructure our attack or else he will be falling on his own sword

ps Stacey in 2010....F**k Me !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JonB_old

I think cleary is to conservative a coach, i think he needs to let the players play a bit more.
Also I think some guys need to lose some muscle, ie Wade and Ropo both are too big now I think, both look more like secondrowers and not backs.

DanKokoro_old

ps Stacey in 2010....F**k Me !!!!

If jones is starting next week I'm not watching the game. He is THE worst and most ineffective half-back in the NRL. Anyone who thinks Jones actually deserves to be playing is seriously deluded.

Iafeta_old

Agreed with pretty much everything as above. I'm sure he'll find some excuse like "It's Origin time, there's players out, it's really not the time to be making hefty changes".

Magic Stick_old

When i seen Cleary on tv this week saying he is really happy with Stacey...i knew he was %100 delusional

Magic Stick_old

Whappened to Foran.kid had big wraps on him,got injured early this season,then doesnt get a look in....another player Cleary has screwed with

The little i seen of Foran, he was a tidy half, very good kicking game,good organiser,solid on defense. learnt under Cronk in a good Storm system

Last edited by a moderator:

Tajhay_old

what happened to foran.kid had big wraps on him,got injured early this season,then doesnt get a look in

not only that..but the warriors are expected to release him at the end of this season (sundaynews.co.nz).

probably to shore up more money so we can have stacey at halfback again....

insulinboi_old

Any news on us chasing an off contract halfback? Or will it be trial and error with newbies next year?

Tajhay_old

Any news on us chasing an off contract halfback? Or will it be trial and error with newbies next year?

the article mentioned that we are looking for a halfback...however dependent on whether we get stacey for next year or not. i think orford/monaghan could be good for us. we need an organiser with direction skills. someone who talks a lot, someone who can try things.

if they resign stacey, ill be happy to pitch in towards getting someoen to go and burn the club down.

insulinboi_old

the article mentioned that we are looking for a halfback...however dependent on whether we get stacey for next year or not. i think orford/monaghan could be good for us. we need an organiser with direction skills. someone who talks a lot, someone who can try things.

if they resign stacey, ill be happy to pitch in towards getting someoen to go and burn the club down.

That made me put my lollerskates on and ride in my roflcopter

Magic Stick_old

Isnt it a shame that we are bagging a former champion great player( a legend)...dont like doing it but thats pro sport

Tajhay_old

Isnt it a shame that we are bagging a former champion great player( a legend)...dont like doing it but thats pro sport

it is a shame, but we cant be blind and just let our season wash down the toilet. other players come in for criticism as well as get applauded for their performances, the thing is why cant we bag stacey after the game. fien should have been playing at halfback today(not that it would have mattered) rather than stacey. the reasoning behind fien get dropped was that there were 2 halfbacks in the halves and neither were able to control the game or play the game that they wanted. well now we know which of the halves atleast tried to make plays, or who the half is who only knows how to kick to manu or do a wrap around. fien has tried hard all season, his plays may not have come off but atleast he offered more in attack than stacey.

if stacey is halfback, and im the opposition team id stack my entire team on manu and ropati on the last...stacey doesnt know how to kick to or get to ball to the other side.

so freaking disappointed in the performance. sorry stacey you are and always be a warrior legend, but its time for you to retire and help the club in an off field capacity.

Northern_Union

This is the first post i have made in a week or so, and to be honest i wasn't going to post again at all. But after the flack that Jones is copping i thought i'd my 2 cents.
Heres the facts as i see them in regards Jones. We have a forward pack with poor go forward, a forward pack making more errors than me in a spelling test, a forward pack missing the majority of the 41 missed tackles.
You have the big Canberra forwards in Leroy-Laars and Tiles running at him.....where were the our forwards helping him out?
Cleary appears to have nothing left in the tank in regards coaching, for instance....how come our option runs or block runners wouldn't fool a blind man into thinking they are going to recieve the ball. We are fooling to one with our line runners, and that run around play is fooling no one either, and that is also down to Cleary because that has to be something Cleary is getting them to practise at training.

Heres something else that is bugging me, why is everyone targeting Jones when we have a winger offering nothing? Heres a few notes i made durring the match:

*First two tries come down Kemps wing, who was he tackling/marking because he got no one in both tries.
*Rookie winger Crocker beats him one on one and the only reason the Raiders don't score a third try down that wing is because Crocker has a brain fade.
*After the second Raiders try he kicks out on the full from the restart.
*Three hit ups for the match, why not go looking for the ball?
*47th minute, misses a one on one from the Raiders break.
*71st minute, playes at a ball that is clearly going over the dead ball line, we then have to drop out from under the sticks.
*76th minute, misses another one on one from Campesses arsey foot to the ball.....Raiders go in in the corner with Jones trying to push the Raiders winger out of play.

BringBackRovelli_old

I hope you`ve made similar lists about every player, Kemp`s will certainly not be the longest.

Magic Stick_old

NU i agree that Cleary is floundering. if he had dropped poor performing players, The team was trying to mix it up.if he had re-sructured our attack and we were still losing,then you couldnt fault Cleary

But the Warriors are doing the same boring dumb crap every week

On Jones and Kemp...all i can say is Kemp aint a halfback mate,Stacey is a passenger at the moment,and his comeback is a epic fail.even the biggest of Staceys fans,will know his return aint working

KempForanMoon_old

northern union where is your list on stacey

how man missed tackles
ineffective tackles
how many players off loaded in a stacey tackle
poor kicks
attack meters
challenged the line

if you watch the replay northern union,you will see paddy ah van going miles infield on at least 3 tries and leaving kemp in no mans land

Northern_Union

I hope you`ve made similar lists about every player, Kemp`s will certainly not be the longest.

No i've only taken notes on Kemp mainly because i think he has been right up there with the worst buys that the club has ever made, yet a few other posters are of the opinion that he is playing pretty well. And for the most part the same posters are bagging Jones who i think is copping more than his share of the blame.
Is Jones playing to the level he was playing when the Warriors made the semis regularly or when he was the test 7? No. But he is being blamed for things that Cleary cleary is to blame for and being blamed for a lack of go forward and ticker from the forwards. If the forwards dominate and make there tackles does Jones still cop the same blame? No.

Can someone explain to me and many others what Cleary's plan is concerning our halfs? Because he seems to me to be running around in circles.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings