General Ivan Cleary you cost us this game.

Northern_Union

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Hohaia is defending in the line from scrums under Ivans orders.

Iafeta_old

He's having a:
2218685.jpeg

Because so much blame is being pointed at Hohaia for some inexplicable reason, and fair enough, too. (Fair enough on having a vent...not the blame.) Hohaia was my MOM, and it seems he was the team's player of the day, too.

It's not PC to criticise anyone other than Rovelli on this forum and thus no one else has been taken to the cleaners like him. Hohaia had a good match.

Jesbass_old

Hohaia had a great match. It'll be interesting to see how he goes on the wing this week to allow McKinnon onto the field, if that is indeed what happens.

Northern_Union

It's not PC to criticise anyone other than Rovelli on this forum and thus no one else has been taken to the cleaners like him. Hohaia had a good match.

Are you having a sulk big boy, over Rovelli?

Jesbass_old

Ha. That'd be hilarious. Iafeta is not pro-Rovelli from what I've seen. (Rarely pro-Hohaia from what I've seen, too, but that's changing, methinks!) :D

Northern_Union

A list of those taken to the cleaners over the past two seasons:

Grant Rovelli
Jerome Ropati
Logan Swann
Ruben Wiki
Lance Hohaia
Michael Luck
Michael Witt
Michael Crockett
Ryan Shortland

Jesbass_old

I would have thought there'd be more, but I also wouldn't have expected to see Luck's name in there. "Too one-dimensional" - was that the angle?

Iafeta_old

Jes is right on. I'm not pro-Rovelli. I'm just empathetic to the fact there is no other option of any real ability. The problem is not Grant Rovelli, it's not Ivan Cleary's selections, it's the lack of recruitment of quality halves to the club and the lack of our local talent pool being able to produce one. This breeds the environment for a Grant Rovelli to be a consistently selected member of the first grade team. It's sad, but it's just about now putting together a strategy and consistent action plans to change it.

Northern_Union

Third rate journeyman was the main complaint and lacking in attacking ability.

Jesbass_old

Was this before we signed him or after? I wouldn't have thought there'd be journeyman calls once he was with us and racking up those tackling stats. The lack of attacking ability is exceedingly difficult to argue against, and Luck himself has said it's something he wants to improve.

Northern_Union

This was about 6 weeks ago JJ, mainly coming from whatshisname Kings (the dude with Gordon Ramsay as his avatar) though i remember there was a few regulars here backing him up.

Jesbass_old

Interesting. Personally, I buy one-dimensional. I buy weak on attack. But I don't buy journeyman.

David Bragg_old

Best Damn one dimensional player in the comp.It was his pass that started Hohaias first half try.Leading tackler in the comp and his tackles are effective and his hit ups are at least as good as Wiki and Swann

Jesbass_old

I thought the first try was set up by a pass from Wiki...?

(But yes - best one dimensional player in the NRL.)

David Bragg_old

Wiki scooped up the loose ball passed to Hohaia who ran over halfway and passed to Ropati who scored the other first half try.
Luck recieved the ball from the pay the ball popped the ball to Rapira onto Rovelli onto Fai,Vatuvei on the cut makes a run and Lance finished it for the try in question

Northern_Union

Yes i agree, if Luck is a third rate journeyman then lets start signing as many as we can!

Jesbass_old

Wiki scooped up the loose ball passed to Hohaia who ran over halfway and passed to Ropati who scored the other first half try.
Luck recieved the ball from the pay the ball popped the ball to Rapira onto Rovelli onto Fai,Vatuvei on the cut makes a run and Lance finished it for the try in question

Ah, yes, I was definitely thinking of Ropati's try. :)

David Bragg_old

Just saw our tries again on Monday Night NRL
We have to create more second phase play.We have some devasting players once the defensive line is broken or staggered

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings