General Ivan Cleary you cost us this game.

Northern_Union

And then contrasted with...

All I will say is hindsight is a beautiful thing. Because before the event you are quoted as confirming agreement with Rovelli being halfback, post match you have blamed the coach for making a decision you claimed to support. I swear by oath I have used no license whatsoever to change your quotes, it's what you yourself said.

Why don't you go and find the other 1000 odd posts in which i say Rovelli is hurting our team and should go. You wont though will you cause you have found one post to support your argument. But back to your point, i said i'm happy with the team but not with Ropati, i said i'm happy with the team but don't let Rovelli kick. Now did i say any where, thats the best team that Ivan can select???No i didn't did i.

My point stands and i'll say again that Ivan is not selecting the best team available.

I await your retort Iafeta.

Iafeta_old

Mate you are quoted from the team people were picking.

You were picking Rovelli. Now with hindsight, you are blaming the coach for selecting him.

It's fairly induspitable. There's nothing to retort.

Northern_Union

Unfortunately we have none of those. We don`t have that kind of culture at the club. I often get the feeling that our players instinctively run AT defenders even if there`s a hole to run into. The brainless hit-up grind.

Thats part of the problem with the game in NZ, the power game. It just doesn't work when you get to the likes of the NRL, ESL and test footy. Most junior players need to be retrained when they get to the NRL.

Northern_Union

Mate you are quoted from the team people were picking.

You were picking Rovelli. Now with hindsight, you are blaming the coach for selecting him.

It's fairly induspitable. There's nothing to retort.

mate it's simple mathmatics, one post v one thosand. Understand that?

Again i ask you where did i say in that team list that i thought that it was the best team available? And as i said i simple got sick of arguing with people on Rovelli, if thats not good enough for you take me to court.

Iafeta_old

This is your appraisal of him after his performance last week.

Northern_Union said:
Excluding Rovelli's kicking game which again was aimless and poor, Magic Stick, i thought he had a very good defensive game and a good passing game going today which is why i gave him a point in the MoM points today.

As most know if not a fan of Rovelli's and i believe cost us a few games early in the season but credit where it is due, he played well today....kicking not included.

So the one you give a 1 point in the Warriors MOM thread in your mind Cleary should not have selected for the following game?

LordGnome_old

I will attempt to use logic and reason in my arguments from now on in.
I will ...

Edited by Wiki: Watch the language mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Is not the point of this thread i made that Cleary cost us the game and Rovellis kicking is killing us? you've supported what i've said, thanks.

Can you go and find the 1000 posts i've made about Rovelli being terrible. Or perhapes you can go find the post i made last week in which i said Cleary was no better than Kemp as a coach. You wont will you cause your only investigating posts to support your ideas.

G_Rovelli

It's one thing to blame the coach, but he isn't the one running around out there in an 80minute football game. There is only so much that is in his control and the rest, at game time is up to the players. There were moments we could have taken advantage of but didn't. Can, you realistically blame Ivan for that/ Yes there is all this about his team selection and there is questions over that, but there are other areas out of his control

Iafeta_old

Yes I can find that post, where it was refuted on Cleary's superior winning record.

I'm not debating your entitlement to criticise Grant Rovelli, I'm just surprised that one week you've given him a point in the MOM, supported him being selected, and then when it hasn't worked out you've criticised the coach for selecting. That to me is the value of hindsight. The coach doesn't have that. I'd also hasten to add that the others who have been mentioned as replacements are no better than Rovelli. I believe it is an overall recruitment strategy error. So in conclusion, on one hand you supported his selection and then have bagged his selection after the event.

Northern_Union

Yes I can find that post, where it was refuted on Cleary's superior winning record.

I'm not debating your entitlement to criticise Grant Rovelli, I'm just surprised that one week you've given him a point in the MOM, supported him being selected, and then when it hasn't worked out you've criticised the coach for selecting. That to me is the value of hindsight. The coach doesn't have that. I'd also hasten to add that the others who have been mentioned as replacements are no better than Rovelli. I believe it is an overall recruitment strategy error. So in conclusion, on one hand you supported his selection and then have bagged his selection after the event.

Winning percentages are meaningless when it comes to coaching, you can be the best coach going around but if you haven't got the team your not going to have a good percentage. So you admit that in another post i have called into question Cleary's coaching? Therefor your assertion that i'm using hindsight doesn't stack up does it?

a.c.e_old

I dont know whats been said in here (will have a read later) but:

We lost by 2pts.

By being 2pts behind instead of at least being equal to the Rabbits changed the way we played the game. We had to be more expansive, attacking, creative. Instead of matching up inside the Rabbits half and slotting a field goal.

The Rabbits on the other hand were just waiting for us to come up with the mistake, defend and hold.

The Warriors will go up by 6pts everytime with Witt other then any other mediocre kicker they have (respects to Lance, he isn't a goal kicker). For the Warriors to move forward they have to take every point presented to them.

Jesbass_old

I dont know whats been said in here (will have a read later) but:

We lost by 2pts.

By being 2pts behind instead of at least being equal to the Rabbits changed the way we played the game. We had to be more expansive, attacking, creative. Instead of matching up inside the Rabbits half and slotting a field goal.

The Rabbits on the other hand were just waiting for us to come up with the mistake, defend and hold.

The Warriors will go up by 6pts everytime with Witt other then any other mediocre kicker they have (respects to Lance, he isn't a goal kicker). For the Warriors to move forward they have to take every point presented to them.

Yes, but...we played that way from the kick off. We were panicky and rushed, as if we thought we had to smash the Rabbitohs, and in doing so, it backfired.

bigstuboy_old

maybe the fans seen as everyone is so annoyed about ravs that they should start some sorta protest at the games hahaha lets launch a campaign to get locke at 7

Trotbags_old

I agree that Rovelli wasn't the sole cause of the loss, however why put your team under pressure before they take the field by putting a poor kicker and playmaker in the team in the most pivotal role? That is just nuts.

Sorry but Ivan didn't play the best team he had available so he has to cop some of the blame.

Mangi-Maori_old

i noticed in the 1st pre season game that our halves combo wasn't up to standard. The halves in the junior team just before however were sharp and their play impressed me.

Kaiaua krusher_old

Blame is easy - Lance.

He is the only fullback in the comp that aims up on D at 5/8 from set scrums, something he has been doing all season. Wonder what bright prick thought to kick on the first for a change

He had an option when Kidwell scored his try - stay in the line or leave the hole so someone can just walk through or make the ball player do something that could lead to a mistake - bugger he stuffed up again

Luck can drop the ball - oh well bad luck
Swann can kick on our last set of 6 for the game instead of having a bloody dip for the line!
Tate would score some great trys if the goal posts were on the sidelines
Henderson, greedy little bugger wants to do it all on his own in the attack zone - but that's Ok
Sonny can drop 4 consecutive passes - but he will be all the better for the experience
Simon kicks on the first tackle
Ravs is Ravs kicks on the 3rd, passes on the 5th. Oh well he is second only to Lance in the blame stakes. Play of the day tho getting that try "unscored"
Pricey crab like in most of his endeavours
Rubes playing his zillionth game stuffs up 2 play the balls - he will learn from his errors
Evan drops the ball - damn
Ropati drops the ball - damn

But shit Lance if you had got that conversion 17 minutes from the end you would have at least given us a shot at golden point - all we had to do in that last 17 minutes was to stuff up exactly as we were doing and the Bunnies would have folded like a deck of cards in extra time. Good bloody thinking.

Wouldn't it have been great if each of these guys had scored 2 tries and kicked 2 from 3 as well

Hiho Hiho it's off to sea we go - because the lord and saviour is back this week.

Fair bloody go!!!

Jesbass_old

Struggling to see your point to be honest.

He's having a:
2218685.jpeg

Because so much blame is being pointed at Hohaia for some inexplicable reason, and fair enough, too. (Fair enough on having a vent...not the blame.) Hohaia was my MOM, and it seems he was the team's player of the day, too.

attila_the_gorilla

I don`t see a lot of blame being thrown at Hohaia on this forum. With the first Souths try, it`s not usual for anyone to be back home when there`s a scrum on halfway. It`s the quick men`s job to be aware and prepared for a chase, though.

However with Kidwell`s try I do blame him, he needs to stand back a little from the line, go and help in the tackle when he thinks it`s needed needed but always be ready to diffuse kicks into the in-goal.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings