General Ivan Cleary you cost us this game.

BigD_old

Ervarn dropped the ball with the line open. He cost us the game too.

Totally agree Ian , he must have the Michael Crockett rape trial on his mind.

The pass to him was gold & he dropped it before the line...

Stop blaming Ravs...

MOM at the game was Lance Hohaia & the Mad Butcher for the tickets

A TVNZ film crew were there, should show interesting footage

BigD_old

I actually think due to the way people are moaning is because some big bets on the Warriors were lost on this game..

Ill admit, I lost $50 AUD equiv $80 NZ, backing the Warriors at 13 plus.

I was in a sober state of mind..

Worst I lost 10,000 credits on this site...

Kid-Dynamite_old

Lol 4 in a row, yeah we beat the Storm (minus Slater) but we only beat the dogs the cowboys and wests before that hardly a 4 in a row to brag about.

Yea we beat the storm minus Slater, but we were minus Vatuvei and McKinnon! Players to our team, what Billy Slater is to the Storm!

I think you gotta remember we beat the Tigers when we were like $4 under dogs or something, and we weren't playing to well, and we were away from home, so all that in consideration it was a good win! It's easy to look at where teams are now, but you gotta put into perspective where they were at the time we played them!

We beat the Cowboys who are bottom of the table, but let's not forget Thurston was playing! The Cowboys have come close in recent weeks against teams like the Roosters and Broncos WITHOUT Thurston, so it goes to show, to beat the Cowboys with Thurston, one of the worlds best players is a good achievement!

And we beat the Bulldogs, without SBW! But with a stack of class players still, i.e the likes of Ryan and Maitua! And again, we were wihtout Vatuvei and McKinnon!

In fact we were without our two strike players for all of those 4 wins! Not a bad effort! But then we lose one game by two points, and all is forgotten!

It's a 4 in a row I'm gonna brag about, and a 4 in a row that WILL help us to make it to this years finals!

GO THE WARRIORS

attila_the_gorilla

Lol 4 in a row, yeah we beat the Storm (minus Slater) but we only beat the dogs the cowboys and wests before that hardly a 4 in a row to brag about.
If Witt was there there is a 95% chance we win.
Agree fully NU.

Where do u get that number from?

Becs_old

Dropped ball cost us, poor conversion cost us, poor defence cost us. Lance may have got 2 tries but he also let in 2 by being out of position. We need McKinnon and we need Witt

attila_the_gorilla

I think the first try was not his fault, hardly any team has anyone back on first tackle from a scrum.

Kidwell`s try was definitely his.

fitzy_old

Gee. I thought it was sonny fai who dropped the first three passes given to him. Not Cleary
I thought it was Evarn who dropped the ball with the line wide open about 6 meteres out. Not Cleary
I thought it was Swann who did that stupid grubber kick instead of a pass whicjh had more chance of scoring. Not Cleary

Warrioraholic_old

Lance Hohia to halfback has to happen, he scored two tries and set up the other one. Wade to fullback, rovelli back to aussie
I would be happy with Fein at 7 and Lance at 6 aswell
If Wades not available, Kirk to fullback or Kevin Locke

Joe 90_old

I think the first try was not his fault, hardly any team has anyone back on first tackle from a scrum.

Kidwell`s try was definitely his.

I thought you'd appreciate that first try they scored. We we're talking about this a couple of weeks ago. The little chip over the top on the first when there is never anyone at the back to a fast running back, amazes me why teams dont try it more. Good on the Rabbito's for having the balls to have a go.

Becs_old

Gee. I thought it was sonny fai who dropped the first three passes given to him. Not Cleary
I thought it was Evarn who dropped the ball with the line wide open about 6 meteres out. Not Cleary
I thought it was Swann who did that stupid grubber kick instead of a pass whicjh had more chance of scoring. Not Cleary

Exactly!!

edguy_old

next week ..wade to fullback .
lance has been playing very well in general play , but hes still not a fullback , he got caught twice out of position last night which cost us 2 tries......

in saying that he should be 5/8th halfback or hooker next week,,hes playing too well to be dropped......witt has to come back in somewhere ...maybe halfback fein to hooker , or something ...
and as for me old mate Ravs .im sure hes a good bloke , and he trys hard ,but go play were u belong , with the Vulcans son !!

!!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER !!!

Northern_Union

The game was lost before lastnights team even took the park. All you people that are defending Cleary, can you explain to the rest of us how even for a second Rovelli is a better player than Witt? Setting a side the blokes 90% + kicking rate Witt is a better footballer than Rovelli.

There is a growing number of us that are starting to believe that form is not the reason Rovelli is being selected and Cleary is putting his own agenda before what is best for the team.

Kid-Dynamite_old

The game was lost before lastnights team even took the park. All you people that are defending Cleary, can you explain to the rest of us how even for a second Rovelli is a better player than Witt? Setting a side the blokes 90% + kicking rate Witt is a better footballer than Rovelli.

There is a growing number of us that are starting to believe that form is not the reason Rovelli is being selected and Cleary is putting his own agenda before what is best for the team.

Mate, we had won four in a row! Cleary was never going to make changes, and rightly so!

Maybe you will get what you want this week though!

Northern_Union

Mate as i said earlier, we won those four in spite of Rovelli not because of him. Cleary will not drop Rovelli no matter how poor his form is because Cleary is not selecting on form.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Mate as i said earlier, we won those four in spite of Rovelli not because of him. Cleary will not drop Rovelli no matter how poor his form is because Cleary is not selecting on form.

Yes, maybe. But what I'm saying is whether or not Rovelli was influencing on our victories or not, Cleary was never going to drop him, or anyone for that matter as long as we were winning! It's the way he is, and to be honest I like that!

I think you could be in for a suprise this week though! Rovelli will get dropped.....IMO

KeepingTheFaith_old

Warriors 26 Newcastle 20
Warriors 14 Canberra 6
Warriors 18 Newcastle 16
Warriors 8 Cronulla 24
Warriors 14 Manly 20
Warriors 28 Tigers 26
Warriors 8 Melbourne 6

These are the sort of results teams with poor halves get. These are games where our forward pack dominated and the opposition dropped the ball repeatedly in their own half but we either still managed to lose or we only won by the skin of our teeth. We won those games because we were handed enough opportunity to score some points, not because we orchestrated anything of great significance.

Even last night we scored 2 tries where there wasn't a halfback/five eight in sight, and for all of our dominance and time in the opposition 20 we only managed 1 more try from a basic overused second man play.

I can't help feeling the Moon signing is going to go to waste if we stick him outside Rovelli.

Honestly out of all the players who have made 50 first grade appearances for the Warriors is there another player who has been consistently average? No doubt he tries hard, but it's painful to watch.

We've got one of the strongest forward packs and deadliest backlines, something that will continue to be true in 2009, Any prizes for guessing where we're going to lose it?

Northern_Union

Has anyone wondered why we've turned into a boring side to watch? All we got these days is metre eaters, hole runners, dummy half runs and that comes down to the players around Rovelli carrying him. You put a good half in there with a good boot and you'll see some exciting play.

Question: If Sandow played for us lastnight, how many points do we win by? I'd suggest at least 20.

Esoj_old

rovelli was simply not the reason we lost last night. there were multiple chances with the line wide open that were not taken. rovelli did have a crap game without question but despite that we had every chance to win that game. the kicking game was crap guys like swann and luck were kicking it on the last tackle and there was plenty of drop ball which was not rovelli's fault.

I don't know how witt has been playing in the vulcans but if he is still banging the kicks over from everywhere we desperately need him in the top side because some of these matches in the run home could be decided by kicking. he may also offer something different into the attack because there were multiple times we just shoveled left to right on attack hoping something would happen. hohaia is playing to well to be dropped but he is getting caught out at times positionally at fullback which will be exposed even more in the coming weeks.

rovelli did have a bad game but so did plenty of other people in the performance last night should they be dropped too? Unless mckinnon comes back next week I am pretty sure rovelli will keep his place unless Ivan does something drastic and brings someone up from the under 20's

Last edited by a moderator:

KeepingTheFaith_old

The difference is Rovelli has been consistently poor for the better part of 18 months now and yet he keeps getting a free pass. That's what's grating on my nerves.

Joe 90_old

Warriors 26 Newcastle 20
Warriors 14 Canberra 6
Warriors 18 Newcastle 16
Warriors 8 Cronulla 24
Warriors 14 Manly 20
Warriors 28 Tigers 26
Warriors 8 Melbourne 6

These are the sort of results teams with poor halves get. These are games where our forward pack dominated and the opposition dropped the ball repeatedly in their own half but we either still managed to lose or we only won by the skin of our teeth. We won those games because we were handed enough opportunity to score some points, not because we orchestrated anything of great significance.

Even last night we scored 2 tries where there wasn't a halfback/five eight in sight, and for all of our dominance and time in the opposition 20 we only managed 1 more try from a basic overused second man play.

I can't help feeling the Moon signing is going to go to waste if we stick him outside Rovelli.

Honestly out of all the players who have made 50 first grade appearances for the Warriors is there another player who has been consistently average? No doubt he tries hard, but it's painful to watch.

We've got one of the strongest forward packs and deadliest backlines, something that will continue to be true in 2009, Any prizes for guessing where we're going to lose it?

I agree wholeheartedly. Since mid 2007 it was obvious to me we'd never win a premiereship with Rovelli as our general/playmaker/go to guy/le capitan. That's not to say he cant be a useful player. As a 2nd reciever/support runner he's not too bad.

As you say, most of our bases are covered but not the most important one yet. Which is why i'd have thought a quality signing in this position paramount. They however, all look to be gone. We may have to wait till 2010.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings