General IT IS TIME FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Well 2 weeks of absolute hell then.
Perfect time for the inclusion of SAS military mental strength training.
Maybe 2 weeks of no sleep getting water boarded so they don't ever think missing the finals is an option again.
Two weeks isn't long enough. You need 4 weeks min to reach full physical / mental fatigue (without breaking people) training wise / not interrogation .

Lol. I’ve cheated using NRL,and I’m sure it was the game against the Storm you’re talking about. After all he only scored 2 meat pies this season. You’ll have to excuse my lack of empathy to the man. A fan of his play now,I am not!
no I'm not....

He had the ball the just beyond the 20 metre line...

And I'm not making excuses for his lack of impact this year either...

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

WA supporter

Contributor
no I'm not....

He had the ball the just beyond the 20 metre line...

And I'm not making excuses for his lack of impact this year either...
All good. I stand corrected! I was thinking of Rd 7 verses Melbourne Storm. His running metres were 13 including his try where he ran for 10 to score

Last edited:

WA supporter

Contributor
Just read the Warriors doco post from feb 2018. The opening post sums up everything that’s wrong with this club and continues to be the problem. J Tevaga says “You know that they’re thinking- they’re thinking ‘f***** stay with these c**** there going to break, they always do’” says Tevaga. Well it’s been 2 seasons since this was “brought to their attention”. So my question to you all is. What’s changed since then?! I’ll tell you. Fuck all that’s what. Two more seasons gone under the bridge. Fair enough last year we made the finals but got bundled out by Penrith in unceremonious fashion. This preseason we lost Shaun Johnson but yeah,well we all know that didn’t help there too,but. I don’t wish to sound like all doom and gloom every time I post something here. But at what point does this club as a whole stop with the ‘we trained the house down. We have the belief blah blah blah..... to quote Bruce. ‘Let’s address the elephant in the room’. The old adage states that ‘your chain is only as strong as the weakest link’ rings true here. It’s always been our problem the top 2 inches and will continue to be until someone in a position of power within the club grows a pair. FMD. Argh!! Rant over till something/one upsets me again!!

Last edited:
Nice insight brother and such an argument or belief could def hold some weight.

Possibly as part of a Warriors rebuild we go deeper with a focus on the Warriors identity everything from culture to history from mission statement to development from process to playing style.

As per your point from a personal point of view I have a belief system that would agree with you and suggest we take this opportunity to bring in a new fresh Warriors logo that would also present our new beginnings as a club.

But I ask has any other club or sporting team changed their logo?

Holla
Interesting stuff. Why do we expect anything to change if nothing 'really' changes. Love the idea of a focus on culture, history and identity. Maybe the level of changes that have historically been made are not enough? Could be it has to go deeper.

A rebuild could be focused on allowing the playing/coaching group to develop the identify for the club. What are the values that they buy in to.

I remember when the Chiefs went from a mediocre rugby team to a very strong team 2012/2013 etc, they all bought into a new identity focused around the Kīngitanga movement. Sure it helped have excellent coaches come on board but those coaches allowed the team to create this identity. Lots of successful teams create identities which tie into something bigger than the team/sport i.e. Boston Celtics and Ubuntu.

I reckon the warriors are the perfect team for something like that, so much to draw from - NZ's only team / Maori / Pacific Islands. Doesn't need to be a rebrand of the team but something driven internally

This post may not go down well with other posters but here goes. I remember when the Warriors first unveiled their emblem (94?),being the head with the tongue pointing to the left. And I still remember feeling that my tupuna (ancestors) were being disrespected (even now I felt it is/was a mistake). With the tongue pointing to the left a sign within Maori culture of a liar or a coward. If anything the tongue should point to the right to show truth,honesty. A warrior. You may agree with this or not but I’ve always felt there a makutu (curse) on all those who wore the jersey. Now admittedly a number of years ago now someone changed the position of the tongue to its present position. But what I’m suggesting is that we do away with the whakairo (carving) altogether. I know it’s a simplistic solution to a complex question. I don’t pretend that it will rid us of whatever our problems are. Again,I don’t know maybe we should look to incorporate some of the P.I cultural aspects also? Just saying food for thought. I know it’s 2019 but sometimes you need to look backwards to go forwards?!

there is a very good summation of this in the 'Beleaguered' Book

Interesting stuff. Why do we expect anything to change if nothing 'really' changes. Love the idea of a focus on culture, history and identity. Maybe the level of changes that have historically been made are not enough? Could be it has to go deeper.

A rebuild could be focused on allowing the playing/coaching group to develop the identify for the club. What are the values that they buy in to.

I remember when the Chiefs went from a mediocre rugby team to a very strong team 2012/2013 etc, they all bought into a new identity focused around the Kīngitanga movement. Sure it helped have excellent coaches come on board but those coaches allowed the team to create this identity. Lots of successful teams create identities which tie into something bigger than the team/sport i.e. Boston Celtics and Ubuntu.

I reckon the warriors are the perfect team for something like that, so much to draw from - NZ's only team / Maori / Pacific Islands. Doesn't need to be a rebrand of the team but something driven internally
Yeah cause it worked so well for kidwell.
The only culture we should be striving for is a winning one.
we need to make ourselves more welcoming to potential overseas players
Not less .
Intelligence an workethic should be our identity..If we want to succeed.

Yeah cause it worked so well for kidwell.
The only culture we should be striving for is a winning one.
we need to make ourselves more welcoming to potential overseas players
Not less .
Intelligence an workethic should be our identity..If we want to succeed.
Not sure Kidwell is a great example to use. I don't think he has the capacity to implement/drive anything.
I've always thought the warriors were extremely welcoming of international players. Most speak highly about the people and their time here and generally the club go above and beyond in accommodating those that do come. Regardless, Australian players aren't exactly going to be knocking down the door because we are more 'welcoming', its gonna be lots of money (even that hasn't worked recently) or a successful winning culture.

Agree that work ethic should be part of our identity but that doesn't just happen by telling a team 'work harder' otherwise every fool could do it. If the club is going to change, that change has to come from what we have and one of the ways to make that happen is if you have something the players buy into. That doesn't have to be cultural, it can be anything really as long as the group buys into it and it promotes the behaviours the club want (work ethic, footy IQ, respect)

Not sure Kidwell is a great example to use. I don't think he has the capacity to implement/drive anything.
I've always thought the warriors were extremely welcoming of international players. Most speak highly about the people and their time here and generally the club go above and beyond in accommodating those that do come. Regardless, Australian players aren't exactly going to be knocking down the door because we are more 'welcoming', its gonna be lots of money (even that hasn't worked recently) or a successful winning culture.

Agree that work ethic should be part of our identity but that doesn't just happen by telling a team 'work harder' otherwise every fool could do it. If the club is going to change, that change has to come from what we have and one of the ways to make that happen is if you have something the players buy into. That doesn't have to be cultural, it can be anything really as long as the group buys into it and it promotes the behaviours the club want (work ethic, footy IQ, respect)
Players are professional an won't say a club is shit .As it will effect
The next club they belong to.or future jobs .
The fact that players don't want to come here is proof
That something is wrong .An it's not just the coach .A couple of
Work colleagues who know some of the players have
Said there is a split in the team . I'm not sure if this is still the case but it was
Two seasons ago.
As for creating an environment this needs careful consideration .An
Probably some people moved on .The wrong atmosphere can alienate people
An be counter productive .People often won't say but they vote with their feet
We have to see what sort of people we are targeting an what their needs are .
The waikato team is mostly from the same area as it's their catchment .
It might not work for us . Especially if we want to recruit from overseas .
Hard work and IQ should be non negotiable .an assessed before joining the group. .Like you said you can't just tell people to work harder .But you can
Let them know what their responsibilities an expectations are an what will happen if they are not met.

Reactions: Tragic
After reading the Autex need article The buck stops with SK.

I got to wondering if CG had not cost us Shaun Johnson . Would we still be having this discussion?
I'm not a SK fan but I believe we would have built on last years progress
If Shaun Johnson stayed .
CNK was another mistake an would have covered Fusitua on the wing this season .
This year has been a bit of a pickle .really
Personally I'd rather get rid of the problems once they are identified .Not a witch
Hunt. .Last year SK was showing results .an we made our first finals in a longtime .
So for my vote it would be CG gone or both

Reactions: YeahNah 4020
not sure if you can just blame those two, everyone at the club is accountable in some way, big or small for the success and failure, they do certainly have a big bearing on the end result, as do the players and their mindset around 'putting in", doing extras and the like

Last edited:

bruce

Contributor
Aside from the absolute top and bottom of the league this is a very tight competition. It doesn’t take a lot to climb it or slide down. Look at Parramatta, did anyone honestly see their improvement before the season started?
I totally agree, but look at the talent they had coming through.

This post may not go down well with other posters but here goes. I remember when the Warriors first unveiled their emblem (94?),being the head with the tongue pointing to the left. And I still remember feeling that my tupuna (ancestors) were being disrespected (even now I felt it is/was a mistake). With the tongue pointing to the left a sign within Maori culture of a liar or a coward. If anything the tongue should point to the right to show truth,honesty. A warrior. You may agree with this or not but I’ve always felt there a makutu (curse) on all those who wore the jersey. Now admittedly a number of years ago now someone changed the position of the tongue to its present position. But what I’m suggesting is that we do away with the whakairo (carving) altogether. I know it’s a simplistic solution to a complex question. I don’t pretend that it will rid us of whatever our problems are. Again,I don’t know maybe we should look to incorporate some of the P.I cultural aspects also? Just saying food for thought. I know it’s 2019 but sometimes you need to look backwards to go forwards?!
That was also brought up in the book - Warriors, from dreams to nightmare - a few years ago. Its a very interesting read if you get the chance to find a copy ( I think that was the name of the book, not read it for ages)

Reactions: WA supporter