General IT IS TIME FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD

Geoff Public

Contributor
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have seen a few reports that the west tigers are training throughout the finals series to make sure the players don't get used to slacking off if they ever make the finals.
I think it's an awesome idea.
I don't know if the warriors do anything like this but I would let Corvo loose on the team for at least a month leading up to the grand final if they don't make the finals.
I think it would really weed out the guys who drop their lip and offer the players a bit more incentive to make the 8.
RLPA rules stipulate the maximum players are only allowed to train for is two weeks following their final game.

Reactions: bruce and Pozza

Geoff Public

Contributor
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but it made sense to me! I hear on nrl 360 tonight that shane flanagen is cleared to return to coaching next year! But can only be an assistant for the next two years, should the warriors throw the book at him as an assistant to Kearney?
No. Shane Flanagan's time at the Sharks was chaotic from beginning to end. He can come here when he can show he truly understands how he stuffed the entire competition year after year with his rubbish. I think it's too soon to allow him back. However I'm not the one making the decision.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have seen a few reports that the west tigers are training throughout the finals series to make sure the players don't get used to slacking off if they ever make the finals.
I think it's an awesome idea.
I don't know if the warriors do anything like this but I would let Corvo loose on the team for at least a month leading up to the grand final if they don't make the finals.
I think it would really weed out the guys who drop their lip and offer the players a bit more incentive to make the 8.
Might be true, but the CBA requires a six-week break if the team didn't make playoffs, in the end, he will just bring back team later in November than the Warriors. Will all work out the same in the end. Everyone has to have the same amount of time away from the club

Is that a misprint? :wtf: If Blair ran more than 100 metres this season my computer went into overload.:eek: Maybe he pulled his finger out for Brisbane.

Without checking the stats I recall we did pretty well in metres per set, but that would have been down to efforts from Big Ken and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as well.

That was the game where we were mauling their right edge and stopped doing it in the second half because Green decided to game manage or something... so they got let off the hook.

Most of those metres would have been on the first half too.

Kodi, Blair and Hiku were carving them up.

Last edited:
That was the game where we were mauling their right edge and stopped doing it in the second half because Green decided to game manage or something... so they got let off the hook.

Most of those metres would have been on the first half too.

Kodi, Blair and Hiku were carving them up.
Credit where credit is due. Adam Blair collected at least one honest pay check. The Warriors management is in dire need of some grit. If Adam Blair's performances were transposed to a normal day job, he would have lost his job already. And add to that, if Adam Blair hadn't lost his job, his manager would have, for tolerating such under achievment. If we are going to start again somewhere, accountability wouldn't be the worst starting point.

Last edited:
Might be true, but the CBA requires a six-week break if the team didn't make playoffs, in the end, he will just bring back team later in November than the Warriors. Will all work out the same in the end. Everyone has to have the same amount of time away from the club

Well 2 weeks of absolute hell then.
Perfect time for the inclusion of SAS military mental strength training.
Maybe 2 weeks of no sleep getting water boarded so they don't ever think missing the finals is an option again.

Well 2 weeks of absolute hell then.
Perfect time for the inclusion of SAS military mental strength training.
Maybe 2 weeks of no sleep getting water boarded so they don't ever think missing the finals is an option again.
"Send the lot of them to concentration camps until they learn to fuckin concentrate, they won't come back fat I'll tell you that, just sayin like" - Bruce

WA supporter

Contributor
This post may not go down well with other posters but here goes. I remember when the Warriors first unveiled their emblem (94?),being the head with the tongue pointing to the left. And I still remember feeling that my tupuna (ancestors) were being disrespected (even now I felt it is/was a mistake). With the tongue pointing to the left a sign within Maori culture of a liar or a coward. If anything the tongue should point to the right to show truth,honesty. A warrior. You may agree with this or not but I’ve always felt there a makutu (curse) on all those who wore the jersey. Now admittedly a number of years ago now someone changed the position of the tongue to its present position. But what I’m suggesting is that we do away with the whakairo (carving) altogether. I know it’s a simplistic solution to a complex question. I don’t pretend that it will rid us of whatever our problems are. Again,I don’t know maybe we should look to incorporate some of the P.I cultural aspects also? Just saying food for thought. I know it’s 2019 but sometimes you need to look backwards to go forwards?!

bruce

Contributor
This post may not go down well with other posters but here goes. I remember when the Warriors first unveiled their emblem (94?),being the head with the tongue pointing to the left. And I still remember feeling that my tupuna (ancestors) were being disrespected (even now I felt it is/was a mistake). With the tongue pointing to the left a sign within Maori culture of a liar or a coward. If anything the tongue should point to the right to show truth,honesty. A warrior. You may agree with this or not but I’ve always felt there a makutu (curse) on all those who wore the jersey. Now admittedly a number of years ago now someone changed the position of the tongue to its present position. But what I’m suggesting is that we do away with the whakairo (carving) altogether. I know it’s a simplistic solution to a complex question. I don’t pretend that it will rid us of whatever our problems are. Again,I don’t know maybe we should look to incorporate some of the P.I cultural aspects also? Just saying food for thought. I know it’s 2019 but sometimes you need to look backwards to go forwards?!
I remember that being brought to Ian Robson's attention. Needless to say it didn't register, that guy was unbelievable. I often wonder about the effect, and I am not Maori.

Nice insight brother and such an argument or belief could def hold some weight.

Possibly as part of a Warriors rebuild we go deeper with a focus on the Warriors identity everything from culture to history from mission statement to development from process to playing style.

As per your point from a personal point of view I have a belief system that would agree with you and suggest we take this opportunity to bring in a new fresh Warriors logo that would also present our new beginnings as a club.

But I ask has any other club or sporting team changed their logo?

Holla

WA supporter

Contributor

Possibly as part of a Warriors rebuild we go deeper with a focus on the Warriors identity everything from culture to history from mission statement to development from process to playing style.

As per your point from a personal point of view I have a belief system that would agree with you and suggest we take this opportunity to bring in a new fresh Warriors logo that would also present our new beginnings as a club.

Holla
The GC is an example. They’ve been the Chargers,seagulls and Titans to the best of my knowledge thus far! Ps Kia ora

Holla
Penrith are on there third Panther logo.

Logo and icon change for me if it's a total turn around.

Holla
It's not a biggy, but the Knights changed their logo from facing left to facing right this year.

Thats the 2017 team poster. We have had a rebuild under Kearney. Of the 35 players listed on the Wikipedia squad list only 9 players will be with us next season. They are:

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
David Fusitua
Ken Maumalo
Agnatius Paasi
Nathaniel Roache
Jazz Tevaga
Sam Lisone
Bunty Afoa
Isaiah Papali'i

Gone are or will be:

Manu Vatuvei
Simon Mannering
Ben Matulino
Jacob Lillyman
Shaun Johnson
Charlie Gubb
Tuimoala Lolohea
Solomone Kata
Bodene Thompson
Ryan Hoffman
Albert Vete
Matt Allwood
Ken Maumalo
Mason Lino
Blake Ayshford
Issac Luke
James Gavet
Ligi Sao
Toafofoa Sipley
Ata Hingano
Erin Clark
Kieran Foran
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Chris Satae
James Bell
Zac Santo

A rebuild is not the answer. Not at NRL level anyway. Pathways is the key...
Was it a mistake you putting KEN MAUMALO under “gone or will be” or...?

Crusaders were under pressure to change their logo etc after the Christchurch attack. Nothing came of it though
[/QUOT

Holla

Logo isn't the issue with our clubs identity, it's a bunch of players not making the hard sacrifice to be the best at what they do! Just being picked in the nrl is enough for some of these guys? Out coach is not helping by trying to beat it out of them.

Reactions: Worried2Death