Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Fiction? For a fact I saw Luke publicly questioning the signing of Kodi and expressing his concern on the effect on CHT. Heyzeuss spare me, that guy has lost the plot for some reason, whether it is physical or mental he needs to be out of the team. The guy was probably the best hooker in the world but now might be part of a negative influence in this side. Any inside information on that?
WTF does that have to do with my post lol 🤷‍♂️ 🤔?

Maybe you need an injection of sorts yourself? Guessing you only read the first two lines and got triggered...

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Didn't think it was a bad comment tbh, more about supporting Chanel, saying Niko has to earn it and Chanel has been doing good.

That’s not a bad comment? Huh?

I’m no supporter of our current coach, but the kind of comment you’ve described is way out of line for a player to make. And for a senior player to make it, well ..... smh

It was known that Kodi’s being brought in to have a spot in the starting side, and even if that hadn’t been made clear by the time Luke made those comments, unless he’s very stupid (which tbh I don’t rule out) then it was obvious that Kodi will be given a starting spot, because teams don’t spend 500-600k on a depth player.

So in effect we have Issac Luke, a senior player, saying *publicly* that he doesn’t agree with a *major* coaching / recruitment decision. That’s way out of line.

I can’t think of one instance of a Warriors player ever having done that before.

So yeah, the ISP is your team, Issac Luke. Good luck. You wangled a boost to your retirement package, you’re (rightfully IMO) anxious about damage to your body, so: best not to be in FG any more.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Send him down a grade lower than reserves if that's his plan.

Let him play with guys who play for free.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Luke’s turn to feel the wrath of the forum this week is it?

Luke, Blair, Hiku, Kata.

Stephen Kearney.

I look forward to the day when none of these names are brought up in this forum....

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Luke’s turn to feel the wrath of the forum this week is it?

Luke, Blair, Hiku, Kata.

Stephen Kearney.

I look forward to the day when none of these names are brought up in this forum....
You can't wait for them to retire?

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That’s not a bad comment? Huh?

I’m no supporter of our current coach, but the kind of comment you’ve described is way out of line for a player to make. And for a senior player to make it, well ..... smh

It was known that Kodi’s being brought in to have a spot in the starting side, and even if that hadn’t been made clear by the time Luke made those comments, unless he’s very stupid (which tbh I don’t rule out) then it was obvious that Kodi will be given a starting spot, because teams don’t spend 500-600k on a depth player.

So in effect we have Issac Luke, a senior player, saying *publicly* that he doesn’t agree with a *major* coaching / recruitment decision. That’s way out of line.

I can’t think of one instance of a Warriors player ever having done that before.

So yeah, the ISP is your team, Issac Luke. Good luck. You wangled a boost to your retirement package, you’re (rightfully IMO) anxious about damage to your body, so: best not to be in FG any more.
Fuck sakes, You & Bruce are reading way to much into his comments mate.
A senior squad member supporting his young team mate turns into a discussion about Isaac disrespecting management & Kodi? Smh......Stop being so dramatic lol.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
A shame after a good season last year he finished with an injury which disrupted his pre-season. He is off contract so he needs to be on the park and in form to push for another contract.

Hopefully if/when he gets called back up he's fully fit. At the moment with his age and what he's produced this year if you were assessing the squad for 2020 a new contract wouldn't be likely.

Still a lot of the season to go if he can get fully fit.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
WTF does that have to do with my post lol 🤷‍♂️ 🤔?
If I recall I found this part of your post interesting:
"You spend a lot of time fantasizing about make believe scenarios between players and trainers lol?"

There is no doubt in the minds of fans and journos that something is not right in the squad right now. I don't have access to players like you do and you sounded a bit miffed that somebody dare guess what is going on.

So, a serious question, it looks to me that there are issues with senior players (including Bully) at this club and SK. RTS seems very close to SK so I doubt he is one.

Have I got that wrong?

Reaction score
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Reaction score
Did Luke fly across with the team for the magic round game? My mate said he was on the same flight back to NZ as Luke after the round, and obviously not with the rest of the team.

Luke was quoted in an NRL.com article a couple months ago as saying: "I met my wife in Brisbane so want to take her back to Brisbane long-term so we're looking at buying up there once we're ready and move back to Australia."

I wonder if he has seen the writing on the wall and is starting to scope things out in Brizzy.

Reaction score

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did Luke fly across with the team for the magic round game? My mate said he was on the same flight back to NZ as Luke after the round, and obviously not with the rest of the team.

Luke was quoted in an NRL.com article a couple months ago as saying: "I met my wife in Brisbane so want to take her back to Brisbane long-term so we're looking at buying up there once we're ready and move back to Australia."

I wonder if he has seen the writing on the wall and is starting to scope things out in Brizzy.
They just grabbed Segeyaro so definitely no movement before June 30

Reaction score
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Reaction score
They just grabbed Segeyaro so definitely no movement before June 30
I was just thinking more along the lines of getting his housing situation sorted for next year, which could mean no football at all. I mean, it definitely seems like his time at the Warriors is coming to close, and maybe he knows his body won't hold up longer than this year.

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
i know this is about the battle of the hookers and lawton and roache deserve to be there, but id still have issac over tevaga any day if kearney is going to persist with 3 small forwards, i know tevaga is not doing so much of the dummy half work but he does from time to time and adds nothing

it was noticeable in the games issac went off for H.I.A he was missed but if kearney is going to play the rest of the season with roache and lawton as alternating hookers, algood, but defintiely no need for 3 small forwards to be in the 17

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Kinda sad having to uproot your family for such a low salary at this point in your career. Sounds like the warriors didn't want him even if he was free. Good luck bully

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda sad having to uproot your family for such a low salary at this point in your career. Sounds like the warriors didn't want him even if he was free. Good luck bully
a low salary, guess its what u compare it to, he's 32 and has what other skills?

Reaction score
Geoffpublic

Geoffpublic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It appeared he was prepared to do it last year for an Eels offer.
My personal belief is that was a big reason the Warriors never wanted to re sign hin

Top Bottom