Issac Luke

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
He shouldn’t be playing if he’s not 100%

It’s that simple.

If he’s taking injections just to get in the field then the coaching are fucking idiots and not looking out for the players.

Another black mark against that stuttering head coach we just signed for 3 more years.....
Your dreaming if you think players don't get pushed out onto the field. Even some of the younguns go through the same under the same circumstances minus the age thing. Its called professional sport...

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Your dreaming if you think players don't get pushed out onto the field. Even some of the younguns go through the same under the same circumstances minus the age thing. Its called professional sport...
Of course they get pushed. They have to. They’re getting paid.

My point is the coach has to make the call. Is the short term gain worth it for the long term risk of injury? Clearly not with Green.

Luke looks like a plodder right now. If it’s because he’s injured then shelve him until he’s good to go. Lawton, Roache, Tevaga, Cook... there’s riches of talent in the hooking role.. why rush him back???

WHY?

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Painkilling injections are part of Pro sport, the medical staff make a call to say if playing will/wont have any detrimental effect then the coach makes a call as to whether they play with the injury and a painkiller.

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You mean like this:

Luke: “I’ve been injured, FFS, I need to recover!”

“Like fuck you do. You just screwed us for more money, the media and all our PR says you’re God’s gift to the role, now go out there and play it. Needle, medic.”

“You guys are dumbfucks. Killing me coz I got one over on yer.”

Yep.

What a mess. All credit to Luke for his past achievements and for doing what he can now, but. How many bench places do we need to allocate to cover him just in case he falls over?

As far as this season’s concerned, we ain’t gonna win it, so how’s about planning for the future? Right now, we’re firefighting. Definition: the practice of dealing with problems as they arise rather than planning strategically to avoid them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
You mean like this:

Luke: “I’ve been injured, FFS, I need to recover!”

“Like fuck you do. You just screwed us for more money, the media and all our PR says you’re God’s gift to the role, now go out there and play it. Needle, medic.”

“You guys are dumbfucks. Killing me coz I got one over on yer.”

Yep.

What a mess. All credit to Luke for his past achievements and for doing what he can now, but. How many bench places do we need to allocate to cover him just in case he falls over?

As far as this season’s concerned, we ain’t gonna win it, so how’s about planning for the future? Right now, we’re firefighting. Definition: the practice of dealing with problems as they arise rather than planning strategically to avoid them.
You spend a lot of time fantasizing about make believe scenarios between players and trainers lol?

Some gripping fiction though.

There probably isn't a single player in the whole comp that hasn't had an injection. Not sure what is so difficult about it for some of you to understand? We are talking about making it more comfortable to play. Not revive them long enough from a coma to last a game or make them forget they shattered their fibula into 6 pieces. Issac Luke is being managed by medical professionals. If they had wanton disregard for the players welfare they would have given RTS and Blake Green injections and sent them out today in Melbourne...

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You spend a lot of time fantasizing about make believe scenarios between players and trainers lol?

There probably isn't a single player in the whole comp that hasn't had an injection. Not sure what is so difficult about it for some of you to understand? We are talking about making it more comfortable to play. Not revive them long enough from a coma to last a game or make them forget they shattered their fibula into 6 pieces. Issac Luke is being managed by medical professionals. If they had wanton disregard for the players welfare they would have given RTS and Blake Green injections and sent them out today in Melbourne...
yes, I get what you're saying, mt.wellington. But in the case of Luke, where he has had a succession of injuries...

There's the odd injection here or there, there's making it more comfortable to play, there's having to have injections every time as playing without one is impossible.

Luke wasn't able to have pre-season training, he's not been playing as if he's fit, he comes off after 30 minutes. I think in the long term he'll regret going for more money and so forcing himself to go through what he is now, instead of retiring gracefully. After all, he only has one body in this lifetime. But hey, that's just my opinion. ;)

There's no way that the Warriors medics would take any course of action that would be unduly risky with RTS's body. But Luke only has one season, this one, after which, it'll be sayonara, whatever happens.

Yes, the medics are professionals, but when all's said and done, they're employed by the Warriors. Medical assessments and procedure and what happens to and with the players is changing. Compulsory HIA assessments have come in, and this will probably save many players from having serious health issues.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Its a shame he wasn't able to have a decent off season after how well he went last year as it's starting to look like he has played on year to long.

I can understand wanting to continue after last year as he returned to form and was one of the clubs best players. He probably should of gotten more accolades from the NRL media but probably a victim of being at the Warriors and out of sight out of mind.

He is off contract and would want to be on the field to earn another contract. It does look like he has come back a week or two early the two times he has come back this year.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Needs to kick out of dummy to take pressure off of CHT.

We then need to see Roache run out of dummy.

We also do not need Jazz at hooker today.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Nikorima off to fast start with Warriors
Corey Rosser
NRL.com
Wed 8 May 2019, 01:01 PM

Warriors skipper Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has praised new signing Kodi Nikorima for the way he has started life at the Warriors, saying the playmaker is already adding plenty to the club's training sessions.

Nikorima's inclusion is one of two spine changes for the Warriors ahead of their match with the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium, with Kearney also dropping veteran hooker Issac Luke due to issues with his defence.
With Luke named on an extended bench and spending all of Wednesday's field session playing with the reserve-grade group, Nathaniel Roache is set to start at hooker with Karl Lawton joining the interchange.
Tuivasa-Sheck said while news of Luke's demotion came as a shock, he backed the decision by Kearney.
"Yeah it was a surprise, but that's the plan we are going off this weekend and coach has made the call," Tuivasa-Sheck said.
"[Issac] has been good, he trained really well [this week].
"It's always tough to go back to the [Canterbury] Cup side. But Issac is a professional, he'll take it in for a bit but then he will be on to his next job and go out and perform well for the cup side."

So Luke was demoted for his poor performance, or was it for his negative comments about KN to the media? Am I reading that right?

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Didn't think it was a bad comment tbh, more about supporting Chanel, saying Niko has to earn it and Chanel has been doing good.

I'll have to watch a replay (if I dare) but I didn't notice his individual defence being too bad.

Reaction score

Magic Johnson

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
was a pretty average attempt by Luke on Pearce for newcastles first try

Reaction score

j-bob

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't care why he was dropped... I am just glad he was. Has been a liability.

I hope he takes the time to heal and get a bit fitter...

And a better attitude.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score

Fiction? For a fact I saw Luke publicly questioning the signing of Kodi and expressing his concern on the effect on CHT. Heyzeuss spare me, that guy has lost the plot for some reason, whether it is physical or mental he needs to be out of the team. The guy was probably the best hooker in the world but now might be part of a negative influence in this side. Any inside information on that?

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fiction? For a fact I saw Luke publicly questioning the signing of Kodi and expressing his concern on the effect on CHT. Heyzeuss spare me, that guy has lost the plot for some reason, whether it is physical or mental he needs to be out of the team. The guy was probably the best hooker in the world but now might be part of a negative influence in this side. Any inside information on that?

I understand where you're coming from but I can't help but feel your being slightly harsh on the guy. His comments where pretty passive to be fair and he was only implying that CHT has done a very good job and should not be made to look like a scapegoat. Didn't want to come across overly enthusiastic about the signing as to not put down CHT - his almost teenage teammate - therefore he made mention of the fact the Kodi might need to earn the spot. I see nothing wrong with this.

In regards to his defence - yes it was shit I saw numerous examples where he avoided contact and this is where I think his body is fucked because that's very unbully like. He does deserve to get dropped but I feel really sorry for him because its not through a lack of effort.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He's lost the plot because he felt for CHT? A young man who has just had someone walk into his house & kick him out of his bedroom?
Anyway, That interview didn't sound like he was being negative towards Kodi.
Y'all can get to dramatic on here sometimes lol

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
He's lost the plot because he felt for CHT? A young man who has just had someone walk into his house & kick him out of his bedroom?
Yes, what planet are you on?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously not the same one as you, Brucey
It has nothing to do with Luke, a senior player, who the management sign. It sounds to me like he thinks he is more important than he is. In terms of importance, last season he was probably more important than SJ in our wins, not this season.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I'm a fan and personally didn't think his form in his first couple of years was as bad as people made out but he's looked well off the pace this year.
Not sure roache is the man to shore up our defense tho.
At least he's not on a big contract- green and Blair are bigger concerns imo.

Top Bottom