He looked around for the best deal that's fair enough
But now hes signed

200 or so grand a year is still good money
But I think with Isaac its probably more about playing
With an for his mates .He is proud an always has been
An won't be a sook in front of His kiwi boys from way back

I still think the group of Luke, Harris ,Blair is the reason he played well
This season .He won't back down in front of his boys .So I'm predicting the
Same effort next year .the only question I have is does the body hold up or not.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Is Luke actually confirmed?
On Newstalk ZB news ' the herald understands Luke will commit to the Warriors'

Quote from Cameron George " we will meet with him tomorrow and go from there "

The advice from the club has been that the offer won' t change'.

So not a done deal yet.

Reactions: matiunz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
A third of of the money he received on a three year deal, for a one year deal would mean it's the same amount per year though no? Unless it's a third of the annual amount, in which case the NRL salary cap auditors might come knocking for paying a player unders - depending on what the Knights were offering.
Very much doubt the NRL auditors will bother. The guy has no offers elsewhere. He either signs up here or at WINZ...

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Can confirm that Luke will likely sign tomorrow. A few small things to iron out still but consider it most probable.
Yip, NZ HEARLD are saying that they’ve agreed to a one year deal and the contract will be signed in the next couple of days.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
There has got to be more to this. Luke was the 2nd best hooker in the comp this year, yet no other team wants to sign him. Yes he isn't young and yes he needs should reco but still he would be a bargain. Very strange.

Reactions: WellingtonOrca

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
ANNNND OFFICIAL

Luke signed and sealed for 2019
Author
Richard Becht & Photosport.nz
Timestamp
Wed 3 Oct 2018, 10:14 AM
Share on social media
Veteran Issac Luke has re-committed to the Vodafone Warriors after signing a one-year contract for the 2019 NRL season.

The 31-year-old, whose original three-year contract ended this season, inked his deal this afternoon.

The 43-Test Kiwi’s fourth Vodafone Warriors campaign will coincide with the club’s 25th season since entering the competition in 1995.

“It’s good to have the contract all sorted out,” said Luke.

“We always wanted to stay in New Zealand, my wife and the kids. I’m really happy here at the club and I’m pleased I have another season with the boys.”

Vodafone Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney welcomed Luke’s re-signing.

“We wanted Issac to stay. It was just a matter of sorting out the details,” he said.

“Now we look forward to him making a big contribution to the side next season.”

Luke played 23 of the Vodafone Warriors’ 25 games this year, scoring six tries while averaging 71 minutes, 72 metres and 31 tackles a game. He had a total of 114 dummy half runs, third behind fellow hookers South Sydney’s Damien Cook and St George Illawarra’s Cameron McInnes.

Late in the season Luke reached the 250-game career milestone while taking his club appearances tally to 66.

ISSAC LUKE

Born: May 29, 1987
Birthplace: Hawera, NZ
Junior Club: Hawera Hawks
Position: Hooker
Height: 174cm
Weight: 90kg
Kiwi No: 749
Kiwi Test Debut: v Australia, Sydney, 2008
Rep Honours: 43 Tests NZ (2008-2018), World Cup (2008 & 2013), Four Nations (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016), All Golds (2008), NZ v Cook Islands (2013)
Kiwi Points: 64 (4 tries, 24 goals)
NRL Debut: South Sydney v Melbourne, Olympic Park, June 02, 2007 (Round 12)
Vodafone Warriors Debut: Vodafone Warriors v Wests Tigers, Campbelltown Sports Stadium, March 05, 2016 (Round 1)
Vodafone Warriors No: 206
NRL Career: 254 appearances (2007-2018)
NRL Points: 542 (46 tries, 179 goals)

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Great outcome. Will SK give up a bench spot so that Luke and Roache can share the workload (I would)? Can you have Roache and Tevage on the bench with two props?

Reactions: AlexM

WarriorBall

Great news, was worried about our hooking depth without him
I think we all were bro, this is the best outcome we could've hoped for at the start of the year.

1) Roache has a mentor to continue his evolution
2) We get a good chunk of our cap out from our spine players and into other areas that in all likelihood need it more.
3) Luke has to perform to earn himself another year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings