General Isaac John

Fazz_old

I just love the knee-jerk reactions to be honest. In truth, I'm loyal to James like a brother from another mother. And, I reserve making a holistic judgement on Seymour because frankly over 100 games that would EASILY be his worst performance for passing.

In terms of the comment that we've gone backwards since Isaac's injury, my opinion is you can trace that comment further back when James and Brett started to form a very nice partnership in the middle part of the season, albeit for 2 or 3 games, before injury struck again. I thought they looked the goods as a partnership earlier in the season, and continue to get my backing for the rest of the season with Isaac, and frankly, Shaun Johnson's D still being as soft as a marshmallow.

I'm willing to chalk maloney's performance up to being a one off and Seymour's due to a lack of footy played, fact is we were going better with John. Could be a coincidence, could be a fact. Who knows?

I think we'll get a really good idea of how they're going in the next game against the sharks. Seymour started showing signs of life towards the end, the try he scored was pretty damn nice.

Agree about Johnson's defense. Maybe when he comes into first grade, give him a "minder" in D, ala Carroll and Lockyer?

DanKokoro_old

Geez if thats ripping in then this forum has gone softer than the Sharks forwards pack.

Lolz nah i wasn't even directing that at you NU.. just more at the general vibe of this thread. Just think it's a pointless discussion and thus i will take no further part. Seymour was signed for a reason and unless he plays like COMPLETE shit for the season and then gets fat in the off season, he's not going to be replaced by John who hasn't even reached double figures in NRL appearances.

RRG_old

i don't think it is because of Johns absense I think alot of it has to do with Moon's absense

I couldn't agree more. Moon was defending very well, but was also offering a fair bit on attack.

Sharky has been playing great, but I think it was a huge call to make him the starting centre over Moon. Sharky had filled in a few games in the centre but this doesn't mean he should get the starting gig over a more experienced centre who had been playing well.

Iafeta_old

I could cop that decision if it meant Lousi was on the bench, but not with Lillyman coming into the starting line up. I saw Brown into the centres as a mean to populate an area of weakness due to injuries (centre) without compromising our back row where we have a large number of good backrowers currently. I didn't think Brown's defence was too bad, which has been Moon's main strength, though. The Zillman try in fairness came because no one was covering back, given Lance really wasn't in that play it was IMO a fullback positional error and a load of luck more than anything else.

Northern_Union

I couldn't agree more. Moon was defending very well, but was also offering a fair bit on attack.

Sharky has been playing great, but I think it was a huge call to make him the starting centre over Moon. Sharky had filled in a few games in the centre but this doesn't mean he should get the starting gig over a more experienced centre who had been playing well.

I started the season dead set against Moon being any where near the side. I argued hard with Magic Stick against Moon because i felt he too offend went missing for long periods. But it has become blatantly obvious to me and many others that Moon is offering a real solid platform on the right and his absence is noticable with whats happening on the pitch at present.

RRG_old

I think Moon goes missing when he is at 5/8. I am not sure if this is because he is unsure of his job. But when he is in the centres, I don't really have a problem with his work rate.

Jesbass_old

I started the season dead set against Moon being any where near the side. I argued hard with Magic Stick against Moon because i felt he too offend went missing for long periods. But it has become blatantly obvious to me and many others that Moon is offering a real solid platform on the right and his absence is noticable with whats happening on the pitch at present.

I agree, and I'd even go so far as to say this doesn't necessarily mean you were wrong. While I don't think Moon was as bad at the season's dawn as you were claiming then, his form has certainly improved out of sight.

Jesbass_old

I think Moon goes missing when he is at 5/8. I am not sure if this is because he is unsure of his job. But when he is in the centres, I don't really have a problem with his work rate.

That's true, too. Another piece of the puzzle, perhaps. Ever since we've signed him, he's shown much better form at 3 than he has at 6. I'm not sure how he was in Brisbane, though.

Northern_Union

That's true, too. Another piece of the puzzle, perhaps. Ever since we've signed him, he's shown much better form at 3 than he has at 6. I'm not sure how he was in Brisbane, though.

Moon played at centre mainly for the Broncos. Moon and the Broncos felt that barring injury Moon wasn't going to get a shot at 6 with the Broncos...and with a certain D Lockyer holding down that position that was fair enough. I still remember though a qualifying final in Brisbane where Moon got owned by Faulou to the tune of four tries. With that game and the few games i'd seen Moon at 6 for the Broncos i was convinced that he was a dud buy. But i have to hand it to him that he has proven me wrong at centre. Stand off....well i don't want him anywhere near our side but i absolutely want him in the side at centre and i do hope Ivan feels the same.

sebastian_old

Either way, whether you support John or Seymour, it's real bad luck John got injured as at least it would've created true competition. As now, who really can put the heat on Seymour for his spot?

DanKokoro_old

jeez there's a lot of Moon jizzing on this thread. Defensively he's been outstanding, i totally agree, but is that why people desperately want him in the team? Moon does have a strong attacking game but i don't think he's really shown it this year at all... Sorry, just trying to understand why he is an absolute must pick.

I want him in the team aswell but i'm not sure i want to push tate further out because tate has been a great weapon for us this season. I can just see him standing on the wing, screaming for the ball but never getting it.

I just think it's more important that we put our best players in their best positions. Rather than moving them about to accomodate players that are not as valuable to us.

DanKokoro_old

And yes i know Tate used to play wing. But we all know what happens to Warriors who don the number 2... they never get the F'ing ball..

Iafeta_old

Ropati's injury would accommodate Moon in the centres with Tate. I agree, I have no wish whatsoever to see Tate on the wing. He's our best centre.

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah I was advocating Moon's inclusion in place of Lewis, not Tate. Lewis to the backrow, Moon at centre.

Jesbass_old

My centre preferences would be Tate (#3) and Ropati (#4), but Moon makes a good backup.

sebastian_old

I currently hope to see Moon replace Brown at centre, with Brown moving to the 2nd row.

Magic Stick_old

Ropati's injury would accommodate Moon in the centres with Tate. I agree, I have no wish whatsoever to see Tate on the wing. He's our best centre.

How many times has Tate put a winger into score or scored himself. Tate aint a centers a-hole

Even if you put Tate on Manu's side his impact would be very minimal, Other than dummy half runs

Since Tate has been back on that fringe we have been leaking tries.With Locke and Tupou getting exposed

sebastian_old

In regards to Seymour's current dissappointing form, I'm sure his injury isn't 100%. The problem is, we have no one to replace him.

RRG_old

I would have Moon in the centres ahead of tate becasue

1) I still think a centre wing pairing of Moon and Tate is stronger then Tate and Tupou
2) Tate plays like a winger in the centres anyway.
3) When Tate was a winger he often came in looking for work anyway so was still really involved
4) Moon is playing well in the centres and will be here next year. I don't think we should look to next year if it is going to hurt the team, but where it is a close call it must come into consideration
5) I would like Tates defensive reads out wide, we need them!