General Is This The Year St Paul's Lose?

• Thread starter warriors_ballboy_CEO_old
  • Start date

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

As most people are aware that St Pauls 1st 13 team is unstoppable, they neaver lose a game, and have won the Grand Final every year, for the last i dont know 7yrs or so.

Last Year they meet O.C (Otahuhu College) which is my school in the final's and won.

Well last week we might se the greatest upset in School XIII history St Pauls lost againt Mt Albert Grammer 20 -12.

and the only team who is Undefeated is Otahuhu College.

below are the standings after round 4 which was last week round, and the results.

So This year might be the down fall of the greatest XIII School Team, and hopfully my team/ my school, come's out on Top.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_warriors_ballboy_1st13standings.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_warriors_ballboy_Round4Results.jpg

and here is the Draw for TODAY (Wednesday)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_warriors_ballboy_Round5Draw.jpg

UPDATE: O.C 50 JC - 12
more updates will be made when i get the infomation.

tezzah_old

Nah mate ... The Saints will fire up knowing its knock out time. The SPL B team unfortnuately didnt make the top 2 due to inconsistency but the A team are truely superb and deserve 1st place in there section. The forwards are just as big from 2005 and the backs seem to be very fast. Good luck to the MAGs boys it truely would be good to have the traditional MAGS vs SPL Auckland grand final!

My money is on St Paul's College to follow through the fine tradition built by former students!

fiamacho_old

This is an easy one !!!

MT ALBERT GRAMMAR ALL THE WAY !!!

PER AUGUSTA AD AUGUSTA !!!

BiG_BoLooMBa_old

i will back u warriors ballboy......OC hard! Otahuhu College and Otahuhu Leopards in particular have been the breeding grounds for some of nz's finest talents.........i know oats dont offer scholarships to students like st pauls does.....can u give me a list of the players in your guys team? whoz your guyz coach?

tezzah_old

Scholarships have been at the Saints for years but I can betcha no one at the college gets anything different from any other school. Scolarships dont go out to League players as Rugby is supposedly the schools number 1 sport and has been for years since the NZRU pay colleges to field RUGBY teams.

As far as I know Scholarships at SPL are to pay for activity fees and school fees - its funny cos no one really pays school fees!

Go the Saints - SPL 40 OC 4 (by luck)

BiG_BoLooMBa_old

yeh i understand the scholarships dont pay for much but what they do do is take away the talent that should be at other colleges in auckland. with them recruiting most of the stars from colleges out south, west or north means the colleges in these areas cannot field teams or at least field teams that are going to be competitive. thus the reason why st pauls are in every final except one.
st pauls is new zealands rugby league school and deservedly so. other schools in auckland need to take a page out of st pauls tactics and offer the same sort of commitment to rugby league.
what i want to see is rugby league in schools (especially in auckland) being seen as a serious option rather than playing rugby union.
alot of players are lost to rugby union once they start at high school just due to the fact that kids believe that once u go to high school u HAVE to play union. rugby league needs to set itself up better in high schools with a stronger competition and even more publicity. i would like to see some first 13 (league) games on Maori television in order to get students wanting to play.

tezzah_old

Not a bad idea there mate.

Maori TV definitely back Domestic rugby league and getting games before the main matches in bartercard seem to never happen.

1st 13 to be curtain raisers to Bartercard is a great idea - to televise it would be even better as it would be pushing students to want to be on tv.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Totally guttered my school/team Otahuhu College Lost against St Pauls in one the most fast paced closest game ever.

The Final Score was St Pauls 21 Otahuhu College 18.

Their final try for St Pauls came across from a bad call from the Ref by give 10min to our starting Lock, for swearing. He blows time off and goes "who swore" and no one owned up and (he knows who are key players are because he controlled our Semi Final game agaisnt MAGS) and goes "Ok (points to our lock) and goes you will do"

and gives him 10 in the bin.

But besides that the game was brilliant. Willie H comes up to us and goes after the well dones etc. and goes, i tryed to get Sky Sports and Maori Television to film game. Guess they dont really care about the grass roots.

All our boys were in Tear's 17yrs old in tears. Just to give you guys an idea on how emotional the game felt. I felt like taking a spare jersey and running on the field and play.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

fiamacho said:
M.A.G.S would of destroyed St Pauls.

hahaha i dont think so. Otahuhu College Defeated M.A.G.S in the semi finals 30 - 10 and we hade 4 people in the bin. So i really dont think so.

And later on tonight i will post pictures of the prize-giving last night.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Jesbass said:
Hard luck, WB. Were you a member of the team?

Yes i am, but i didnt get play i was the 18th man/waterboy for the game.
I am the one holding the ball in my Sig, that is taken Lsat night at the finals after the game.

Northern_Union

warriors_ballboy_CEO said:
As most people are aware that St Pauls 1st 13 team is unstoppable, they neaver lose a game, and have won the Grand Final every year, for the last i dont know 7yrs or so.

Last Year they meet O.C (Otahuhu College) which is my school in the final's and won.

Well last week we might se the greatest upset in School XIII history St Pauls lost againt Mt Albert Grammer 20 -12.

and the only team who is Undefeated is Otahuhu College.

below are the standings after round 4 which was last week round, and the results.

So This year might be the down fall of the greatest XIII School Team, and hopfully my team/ my school, come's out on Top.

and here is the Draw for TODAY (Wednesday)

UPDATE: O.C 50 JC - 12
more updates will be made when i get the infomation.

Just off topic for a moment.....why i it when i look at that picture i only see a couple of blokes smiling.....the rest are all trying to pull there tough guy faces. Whats with that crap?

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Da guy in da middle on da ground he just vain and smiles, all the time when he is in a picture, he was waterboy. The other two people smiling at the back, they were pooring water down the shirts.

The rest wernt smiling because it was right after the game and we were all upset.

so it was no crap.

BiG_BoLooMBa_old

that one 3rd in from da right is macgrath leuluai, james' son and thomas' younga brotha......what position he play for the firsts? hows he been running? killing it?

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

BiG_BoLooMBa said:
that one 3rd in from da right is macgrath leuluai, james' son and thomas' younga brotha......what position he play for the firsts? hows he been running? killing it?

MacGrath was playing lock he was the one who got sent to the Bin.
He been playing really good. Quite a few games he has missed through Injury.

He is also a real cool guy to hang out with.