General Is this the twilight of democracy?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Used to deal with Somalis in my time with NZ Police. They have often no respect for laws and authority if it doesn't suit them. One of my vivid memories is a mentally handicapped teenage girl did not show up at home after school. My shift partner and I went to this rental accommodation at a showground. The Somalis there claimed no knowledge. The Police Woman I was with saw her bag under a couch. That's when we got the 'cannot speak English 'line'. I can still see this Police Woman saying 'you have 5 seconds to fucking learn'

Happy ending, we found the girl safe and sound, the Somalis had just found the bag in the showgrounds.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Used to deal with Somalis in my time with NZ Police. They have often no respect for laws and authority if it doesn't suit them. One of my vivid memories is a mentally handicapped teenage girl did not show up at home after school. My shift partner and I went to this rental accommodation at a showground. The Somalis there claimed no knowledge. The Police Woman I was with saw her bag under a couch. That's when we got the 'cannot speak English 'line'. I can still see this Police Woman saying 'you have 5 seconds to fucking learn'

Happy ending, we found the girl safe and sound, the Somalis had just found the bag in the showgrounds.
Used to get quite a few come on short term visas for fruit picking season. Unfortunately in many cases they come from a bit of a dog eat dog environment back home so will take an opportunity if presented regardless of legality it’s hard for them to realise they don’t need that mindset in other countries. One I knew was pretty light fingered and his outlook was stealing was fair game as it was up to the owner to protect their property better if they didn’t want it stolen.

Reactions: dean

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Used to deal with Somalis in my time with NZ Police.
I was away from Auckland when they started arriving so I didn't know anything about them.

However since I have been back the things I have seen and heard really shocked me. I have had very few dealings with them personally, but those I have have been very negative.

I hear Melbourne has a lot, and they are a problem.

Reactions: dean

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

Sad sad times just adding to the twilight
She is an interesting woman.

Very smart, very sharp, very devoted to her job and especially the Commonwealth. As a mother she is apparently a dickhead.

Ok I gave up alcohol for health reasons, not on doctors advice, just for health. I regularly get tempted to have the occasional drink but decide against it.

I know older people who have enjoyed a couple of drinks a day, and it seems to do them more good than harm.

So for such a smart woman, who is very careful with her diet, to be told to stop having a gin or martini sounds bloody strange to me.

She must be under massive strain about the Prince Andrew situation. It is surprisingly getting little press right now, especially in New Zealand, where she is our head of state.

From press accounts Prince Charles is rightfully very concerned about the situation with Andrew, which makes me think that this is just the tip if the iceberg.

IMO the Queen has crossed the line in protecting a son who has virtually admitted guilt over that girl who is suing him.

If she had any sense she would throw him under the bus, for the sake of the Crown, and the country, and the Commonwealth.

However she hasn't, and the strain may be starting to tell.

Just guessing like.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I was away from Auckland when they started arriving so I didn't know anything about them.

However since I have been back the things I have seen and heard really shocked me. I have had very few dealings with them personally, but those I have have been very negative.

I hear Melbourne has a lot, and they are a problem.
Organised gangs of them in South Manchester causing all sorts of bother. Drug dealing and other serious crime. About 10 years ago there was a mass brawl in the street involving about 150 of them from rival gangs

• Wow
Reactions: bruce

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Their drug of choice is 'Kat', class C like Cannabis. I forget the name of the tree, but it is quite common and these guys know where they are nationwide. These pricks just go onto peoples property and strip the trees, never ask permission. I know of one old lady who was sick of it and had the tree removed. These arseholes abused her and she felt physically threatened. By the by the Melbourne gangs are Sudanese.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I see the Queen is in hospital and some press in India asking why we need the Commonwealth, let alone the Queen.

The anti royalists are circling, how ironic, just as the place set up by the original anti royalists is going down the gurgler with democracy.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I see the Queen is in hospital and some press in India asking why we need the Commonwealth, let alone the Queen.

The anti royalists are circling, how ironic, just as the place set up by the original anti royalists is going down the gurgler with democracy.
Looks like the traitors are abandoning ship in their droves before it sinks

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Looks like traitors are abandoning ship in their droves before it sinks
There is no need for a Commonwealth. If the British want the Queen that is their choice.

I was talking to a dedicated Royalist friend last week. He was really pissed off with my attitude and reckons having the Queen as head of state is better than having a President.

WTF??

That just means a a nation we are so fecking immature we have to have a head of state from a small island off the coast of Belgium.

I told him fear not, and Charles knows already, this fuss over Andrew and Epstein could bring the royalty down...starting with the Commonwealth.

Charles could not give a shite about the Commonwealth, or probably England north of Watford, but he likes the pomp and ceremony that goes with the job.

My bet is he will not be King of New Zealand or Australia.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
There is no need for a Commonwealth. If the British want the Queen that is their choice.

I was talking to a dedicated Royalist friend last week. He was really pissed off with my attitude and reckons having the Queen as head of state is better than having a President.

WTF??

That just means a a nation we are so fecking immature we have to have a head of state from a small island off the coast of Belgium.

I told him fear not, and Charles knows already, this fuss over Andrew and Epstein could bring the royalty down...starting with the Commonwealth.

Charles could not give a shite about the Commonwealth, or probably England north of Watford, but he likes the pomp and ceremony that goes with the job.

That grovelling little toad, Spike Milligan was right about him Bruce.

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019

WTF??

Hard to say whether defecting from the commonwealth would affect trade deals or relations with Britain. I think it’s also safe to say that following an American type system with senates etc is nothing to strive towards.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Hard to say whether defecting from the commonwealth would affect trade deals or relations with Britain. I think it’s also safe to say that following an American type system with senates etc is nothing to strive towards.
There are pros and cons, but this royalty shit is just ridiculous now, we can't have a protected class of people above the common law anymore.

1574010819674.jpg

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I have a lot of admiration for the Queen. She has shown to a strong character her whole life. Driving a truck in WW2, getting her hands dirty under the bonnet. She has held the Monarchy and Commonwealth together since the early 50's.

I am not a Monarchist, but see how it is valuable to Britain. I do have the upmost respect for her Majesty.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings