General Is it time?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
One thing I noticed in the Panthers game is that when Blair took on the line in the middle of the field one time Roger Tuivasa-Sheck raced up in support for the offload....it didnt come as Blair was well wrapped up.

I think these dudes are chomping at the bit to unleash now that the finish line is in sight.

They just look ready to go next level.

I also noticed in the Newcastle game how the fox team thought they looked fit and sharp. playing with the elusive energy that pundits talk about.

The following week the Dogs caught them with their pants down.

That is ok, on the STATS board we were well ahead of them for time with the footy and meters,...in other words our game plan and game management is better than theirs,

We lost that game because of silly tackle misses by usually reliable players like Kata and Mannering.

Wont happen in the finals. The thing is we tried hard against the Dogs and never gave up...that afforded us a respectable one point loss.

The Dogs will kill the Sharks next week I am telling you now....they are the most in form team of the comp.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I want to see how we handle the Raiders first. They might not be a finals team but we're going to have to win 4 consecutive games (at least 3 away). Great win last week, I want to see us back it up first.
I recon you need to prepare to be disappointed.

They are not going to pull out their best next week, they will try to conserve that for the week after.

Every chance this side could get pumped next week and go on to win the GF. Conventional rules do not apply....

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It will be hard for the team to collectively get their heads into this game.

They need to be concentrating on simple things. The major being completions. This is the warmup for the finals and ladder position is still very relevant.

Anybody who has played contact sports know the easiest way to get injured is to lack intensity.

No excuses get the job done.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
This is where the guys that have played finals and won premierships need to lead the team as best they can, on and off the field. We've got quite a few and they're the leadership group anyways ( and Kearney) so they need to guide those young guys through this mentally

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018

They are not going to pull out their best next week, they will try to conserve that for the week after.

Every chance this side could get pumped next week and go on to win the GF. Conventional rules do not apply....

They're going to conserve and get pumped in Mannering's 300th? So much no.

If we get pumped this weekend it's because we're the same inconsistent team we've been for most the year after the first 6 weeks, not a team about to go on a magical finals run.

Centurion

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 14, 2015
Auckland

AGREE!

if they have one more loss in them it will have to be against the Raiders because it's sudden thereafter; that said I'd be happy with another winning streak, i.e., finish the season how we started.

We've been pretty lucky too with injuries up to this point (Corvs?).

Reactions: Sup42

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Realistically if we come into the finals at 7th or 8th then most likely we will be eliminated week 1 or 2 of the finals. Especially when you look at our form the back half of the season. We need to find another winning streak.

Now while we are still in the competition we can dare to dream.

Looking at the competition ladder teams only a few points above us get a second life. Another win or two and things would of been a lot different. But there isn't a big gap between the top sides and us. The top sides are also wobbling a bit.

A new competition starts in a few weeks. Our forwards need to run hard, our game breakers who haven't played finals for a long time need to come in motivated to make a statement.

If a side is going to win a premiership from positions 5-8 this year is a good opportunity.

Reactions: Sup42

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
It is our time, karma would never allow us to win with Watson owning the club, now the scales are balanced and our slate is clean and the moon is in the seventh house, time to win!

• Haha
Reactions: Defence and jonno

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
There are a few things in our favour. We are almost injury free and may have a full roster to choose from. We have played very well away from home this season. It’s also a competition this year that has lots of good teams but not great teams like the storm or Manly of the recent past.

If we play the full 80 minutes in each game, we are a chance.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
We finally have our own style .
An its one that suits our team .

Fusitua can catch a high ball .So we take short line drop outs .

We take the two pointers . This means we are respecting the opposition
An not expecting easy points .

Our defence is good .An for the most bit sound .

We have three absolute weapons at the back for kick returns
The opposition are kicking it two Fusitua cause the other two are dangerous
That's how good we have it there .

We have issue's in the centers but the only real issue is who doesn't
Get to play .
The players in this team complement each other
An the style of play .Seems to match the personal .
I havnt seen a warriors team like this one .An we are going
To see some epic football this season .

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
I think it will be a top 4 team this year, with so many even teams, winning 4 in a row will be a stretch for any club. If we finish the job against the Raiders then losing to both the Titans and the Bulldogs will probably have cost us top 4. In the NRL there are no easy games, losing one of those is acceptable, losing both has taken us from a fair chance of going all the way to an outside one.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
They're going to conserve and get pumped in Mannering's 300th? So much no.

If we get pumped this weekend it's because we're the same inconsistent team we've been for most the year after the first 6 weeks, not a team about to go on a magical finals run.
Raiders in their recent mood probably beat most if not all of the teams in the current top eight.

Reactions: BeastMode

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Geeze guys

Pull the breaks on the wank fest will u

It’s not time

Yet.

You may well be right and I'm sure we all have that thought lurking...
Possibly should have had a warning at the beginning that the higher hopes go the harder the fall but I'm sure being a Warriors fan that caution is built-in.

We all have plenty of discussion around why we didn't/ won't win (and rightfully so) but we've come further this year than the last 7 so felt it would be good to look at the positive reasons why we could/ will win.
Have found it really interesting and encouraging to read other's analysis and insight on why they think this team could go all the way if the stars align.
It's good to see the turnaround from expecting the disappointment and absolute worst...bit like the Yet at the end of your post ;)

Long-suffering fans deserve to dream a little, get the hopes out there and build on the ride we've all experienced in 2018.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings