TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Wow what an F up, how do you hurt your calf when you were deliberate rested last week?

This is like a Dan Carter 2011 groin fiasco

Gotta be Volkman at 7, I don’t care how much of a downgrade etc etc, we need to keep everyone in their own positions instead of doing last minute homework trying to play out of position against a team going for a 3-peat

Even the Panthers had major issues when Crighton moved to fullback for Edwards against the Eels, that’s as good as scratching 2 top players from their designated positions

Tuaupiki to be the bolter on the bench. Would be left field but would bring the spark

I really like Tuaupiki but can't help feel that he is a 'nearly' man. Looks dangerous but hasn't actually done anything yet. I think similar to Walsh last year, our team don't know how to use him and as a result he makes lots of meters and looks dangerous, but eventuates to nothing.

So far anyways. Still young and I believe in Webby.

But if CNK goes down for a few games next year I feel putting RTS back there and replacing him with one of our jnr centres would give us better consistency in being able to stick to our same game plan moving forward.

I thought Volk was hoofing them pretty far, almost too far for his chase who didn’t do a very good job of smashing the dolphins on receipt either.

Yeah nah he has to play and he has to kick, Penrith will muller us if we are making 40m sets with a 20m kick.

Or they throw the plan out and do a bunch of risky shit on the last - which they haven’t done all year and won’t start now.

The curse is real.

I know where the ticket sales goes.

We have discussed it in here many times over the years.

A half empty Eden park is a good reason for the Warrior brand to want people to show up.

By the way the club cannot promise SJ plays, no one can on earth. They can project is all it is called a prognosis an educated guess. His body repair has no relation to their words on the interweb.

If we lose it will be MSS and will be jam packed regardless who runs out

If we win, it's a GF qualifier - one of the 6th biggest games of the season a long with the 3 origins, the other qualifer and the GF

No need to worry about ticket sales for that game either.

The Johnson loss could be a blessing. Because if they go through to the final it will be us and them, and there’s no way we’re beating them twice in a finals series. As long is we’re competitive and strong defensively this week I’ll be happy. Bring Shan back next week to start our run. Not saying happy to lose but.

The Johnson loss could be a blessing. Because if they go through to the final it will be us and them, and there’s no way we’re beating them twice in a finals series. As long is we’re competitive and strong defensively this week I’ll be happy. Bring Shan back next week to start our run. Not saying happy to lose but.
This is what we do, we construct narratives to find silver linings.
Warrior life eh.
I was thinking if we do pull off an admirable loss, can you imagine the boost to the team knowing they have Johnson to come back in for their next assignment.

Finding other silver linings, it is a good thing that this game is not being played at Mt Smart, at least our home fans won't have that robbed feeling having invested in a big day out to be deflated by this, and if we are gonna get a bit of a going over, better that it is on the road and not in our house.

I feel for TMM, he has not had that chance to get a game to work out the kinks with SJ.

In the eighties, if this had of happened, it would not be uncommon for a side in our shoes to go out there and try to break legs and wreck the biggest threat in the comp in case we play them again.

I better finish on a silver lining thought here....uhmm the Panthers get a poor workout vs the Warriors which sees them less than sharpened and over confident in the Semis and as a result they get knocked out of the comp.

If we lose it will be MSS and will be jam packed regardless who runs out

If we win, it's a GF qualifier - one of the 6th biggest games of the season a long with the 3 origins, the other qualifer and the GF

No need to worry about ticket sales for that game either.
Eden park might be a bit harder to fill mate, especially if we get pumped by fifty.

But I dont care personally to be honest, I was just making the point that the club are making promises that they cannot predict unless Cam George has a red phone to God and the almighty says yes I will heal his leg in time to suit your fixtures amen.

Lose by a field goal SJ couldve kicked.
Dream scenario, well apart from flogging them by 30..

Back