NRL World club challenge

Notably, not one mention post match or reply of the last Wigan try. Penny fans must be going off!!

I watched the game and can't believe people are trying to pin it on the ref. The Panthers had the lions share of possession and territory, and yet time and time again ran horrible last tackle options. The Wigan try was awarded to the letter of the law in terms of no definitive proof to overturn it.

Plus I love watching the Panthers lose!

It was good seeing crowd last year for this game. Penrith would be one of the few Aussie clubs that would likely draw a crowd for this match.

The UK does take it more seriously. A cool atmosphere at Wigan.

Quite amazing two goes at getting the World Club Challenge and they nearly pulled it off late in both games. Last year they got it to extra time. This year nearly a winning try with the last play.

I have always been a fan of Wigan so was happy with the result. I use to like Penrith but really dislike Nathan Cleary so am no longer a fan of them. I guess the noses of Liars grow like pinocchio. I guess the chins on arrogant people grow too!

Wigan the best Rugby league team in the world, haha.

Man Wigans ball movement smoked the Panthers boring ass cheating ruck defence.

English Rugby league may be very short on quality, with a lot of rubbish teams, but their bests, champion sides are as good as the NRL on their day at home they can beat anyone.

Last edited:
Like seeing super league get the odd win , keeps the fans happy that they can compete with NRL... They just need England to get a win over Australia lol how long has that been

Like seeing super league get the odd win , keeps the fans happy that they can compete with NRL... They just need England to get a win over Australia lol how long has that been
Super league usually do well in this fixture and actually lead the overall head to head.
People like to downplay the superleague and yes there’s more of a gulf between the top teams and the rest but the top 4 or 5 would be relatively competitive in the NRL

Penrith = 2nd best club team in the world. Again lol.

I can't stand Penrith, the rule changes this year were to combat their tricks from the last few seasons. I watched a pre-season game between the Penrith Matts team and the Titans Cyril Connell team and within the first few minutes the Penrith team put a high shot on, stripped the ball illegally and did that trick where they shovel a tackled player 90 degrees sideways. The first two actions were penalised but you could see that they coached to cheat as much as possible.

Good on Wigan.

Last edited: