tajhay

🏉
Wish we had signed Sunia Turuva as a FB. Kid is going to be a star. Having a blinder for Fiji Bati. Only 2 weeks ago resigned with Panthers and will be in their top 30 for 2023 and 2024.

Reactions: bruce and Tragic
World cup is looking good after watching the Pacific round.

I Just wish the Refs would play fair and there was a genuine chance of minnow upsets.

Rugby League is totally rigged and it's largely due to the fact it is an Australian game.

Kiwis red hot favorites to win the cup, they will eat those origin fools alive.

Hopefully a Tonga NZ final or England, anyone bar the leg up transported criminals from sand paper peptides Sombrero bunker filth.

They were on the piss most of the tour.
I wouldn't know about that but I remember a story about lonergan having to drive the team bus because the png driver got too drunk and that we scored a try at the end to win it but the aussie ref was too scared to award it because the crowd was rioting.
Does anyone remember a documentry on another tour we done there in 1990 (I think).
I recorded it off the tv one night and watched it back that many times that the tape broke- it fascinated me.
I was meant to go to png on a cruise a couple of years back but covid put an end to that one. apparently the diving/ snorkling is some of the best in the world.

Well they already beat us and it wasnt them getting the shit treatment from the refs.... u probably remember that one. Cost graham lowe his job from memory.
Spears thrown onto the feild so the story goes.

Can't blame any Ref for helping the home side along with that going on.

First game after that Kevin Iro debuted aged 18 vs Queensland and tore them to shreds, then they beat Australia.

I remember Mark Graham bring asked before the test what advice he would give to the Kiwis (he had just retired) "play hard" was all he said.

Reactions: bruce and Defence

bruce

Contributor
First game after that Kevin Iro debuted aged 18 vs Queensland
What an enigma of a player kvin Iro was. At his best the greatest on the planet, just unstoppable...most of the time he wasn't like that though.

I remember him scoring an end to end try at Brookvale, starting from his in goal. He never even thought of forcing it for a drop out, he picked it up and ran across the in goal.

He just kept running and fending off players, and scored under the posts at the other end. Breathtaking skill. I cannot find it on YouTube though.

How do the International rankings work? England have won 9 out of their last 11 & Tonga (excluding the Tongan Invitational side) have lost 4 of their last 5 but have improved to #2
FB_IMG_1657332958841.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
England have won 9 out of their last 11 & Tonga have lost 4 of their last 5 but have improved to #2
I believe England last played against the Exiles? That isn't a Test match and as such rankings are based on the latest Test results, therefore Tonga having just lost to the #1 ranked Kiwis is a better result than not playing a Test at all..
This is the advantage Tier 1 nations have over Tier 2, more Test matches. Though the ARLC has a huge (unfair and biased) say in who in the Southern Hemisphere plays and when..

How do the International rankings work? England have won 9 out of their last 11 & Tonga (excluding the Tongan Invitational side) have lost 4 of their last 5 but have improved to #2
I gave up long ago expecting consistent decision with rugby league and the international game.

We hear a lot of good intentions and plans but they never get carried out as there always ends up being an issue or something "better". Often from the Australian side similar to the decision to remove the mid year tests due to complaining about Origin scheduling.

In regards to your question. I wouldn't be surprised if two guys in blazers go down to the pub and sink a few and then organise colour coded cards.