What an enigma of a player kvin Iro was. At his best the greatest on the planet, just unstoppable...most of the time he wasn't like that though.

I remember him scoring an end to end try at Brookvale, starting from his in goal. He never even thought of forcing it for a drop out, he picked it up and ran across the in goal.

He just kept running and fending off players, and scored under the posts at the other end. Breathtaking skill. I cannot find it on YouTube though.
I can't find it either. I always felt as a kid that players who made their name in the UK were soft on defence. You had your exceptions like Hanley but generally it's what let NZ and GB down.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
I can't find it either. I always felt as a kid that players who made their name in the UK were soft on defence. You had your exceptions like Hanley but generally it's what let NZ and GB down.
There was nothing wrong with Kevin Iro on defence or attack, when he was on his game.
That was in England, Aussie or Internationals.
However the lower standard in England, and that he was playing for Wigan made him look a flat track bully.
He was not a flat track bully, he could mix it with the best, when he felt like it.
Like I said, a total enigma....but heyzeuss some farking enigma.

Reactions: francis

playdaball

Heritage Member
There was nothing wrong with Kevin Iro on defence or attack, when he was on his game.
That was in England, Aussie or Internationals.
However the lower standard in England, and that he was playing for Wigan made him look a flat track bully.
He was not a flat track bully, he could mix it with the best, when he felt like it.
Like I said, a total enigma....but heyzeuss some farking enigma.
To be fair, he had some great moments playing for Manly.

Reactions: bruce
Samoa could roll out a pretty handy backline:

1 - Joseph Suaalii
2 - Taylan May
3 - Izack Tago
4 - Stephen Crichton
5 - Brian To'o
6 - Jarome Luai
7 - Anthony Milford

5 Penrith players in it.

Reactions: Cces
Nanai would be a huge boost, his form has been awesome. Samoa look to gain the most from the Origin stock and could make a bit of a dint in Kangaroo selection. Tonga will have a few, although they have been a forces for a few years. Hopefully a few other guys from Tier 2 and 3 nations don't shy away from representing their respective countries, like Fiji, Lebanon, Italy etc.

Last edited:
Who we waiting on now Haas, Crichton, Sua'ali'i, Nanai, Holmes...
On a serious note, I think Crichton is certain to play for Samoa.

Sua'ali'i did say he wanted to play for Samoa last year, but he's going so well he could be good enough to play for the Kangaroos now. I doubt he expected to be this good this early, so might've just said Samoa as it seemed more realistic at the time.

I can't see Haas or Tino playing for Samoa. Not sure about Nanai though, I don't think he's spoken about it at all.

Reactions: W.A warrior