General Hypothetical 5 - Where do the Warriors belong?

Where do the Warriors belong on the points table?

• Top 4 - Championship contenders

• Top 6 - Almost Contenders

• Top 8 - Consistant Finalists

• Bottom 8 - Also Rans

• Bottom 4 - Spoon Contenders

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quick throwaway poll for my own amusement... Haven't done one for a while so why not...

Where do the Warriors belong on the points table?

Pick the option that feels most right for you personally.

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
and how do you define belong in your amusement park?

they belong on 12th on the table where they are currently with only 4 wins and 6 losses. Or possibly 13th if Tigers or Titties win this weekend.

I picked bottom 8 also rans and won!!! the most popular yipee. I am depressed and just read posts mostly, everyone on here has lots of relevant stuff to say that makes sense, pity no one at warriors HQ takes notice. Good work keep it up, somehow other peoples depression makes mine seem worthwhile.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Contributor
I always go on points differential and it usually works, not just in the NRL but the English Premier league as well. So by my calculations we should be 13th, one place below where we are now. The wooden spoon seems to be safe with Newcastle though.

Some food for thought...

"A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. Although examples of such prophecies can be found in literature as far back as ancient Greece and ancient India, it is 20th-century sociologist Robert K. Merton who is credited with coining the expression "self-fulfilling prophecy" and formalizing its structure and consequences. In his 1948 article Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, Merton defines it in the following terms:

The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behavior which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning.[1]

In other words, a positive or negative prophecy, strongly held belief, or delusion—declared as truth when it is actually false—may sufficiently influence people so that their reactions ultimately fulfill the once-false prophecy.

Self-fulfilling prophecy are effects in behavioral confirmation effect, in which behavior, influenced by expectations, causes those expectations to come true.[2] It is complementary to the self-defeating prophecy."

Wikipedia

So my opinion is that we deserve to be bottom eight today, on our current form, but we belong in the top 4.

I always go on points differential and it usually works, not just in the NRL but the English Premier league as well. So by my calculations we should be 13th, one place below where we are now. The wooden spoon seems to be safe with Newcastle though.

Agree last place then they will have a place in Warriors history.
First wooden spooners in warriors history.

Warriors were equal last but they had a better for & against I think the team was paramatta cant remember what year.

They belong in the top four but thats not how they play. Are we like Newcastle in the Premier League where everyone thinks that we are a crap relegation club but we the fans continually believe that we are a top 4 side? One year we will click. Wont we?

On a serious note
They,ve been there before so they can get there
Now its about consistency in the positive direction too much up & down ,more downs
than anything.
So the team will get there.Eventually
I for 1 definitely thinks the seasons over
Aint no way we will win it this year
So looking at next year .

Very interesting that over 90% of warriors fans think the team belongs in the bottom 8, and half of those fans believe bottom 4 is where the club should be living.

They belong in the top four but thats not how they play. Are we like Newcastle in the Premier League where everyone thinks that we are a crap relegation club but we the fans continually believe that we are a top 4 side? One year we will click. Wont we?

When the Warriors made their first grandfinal appearance, the hardest part for them at that time was to lift another gear, they didnt, expected the next season for them to win it, didnt happen gradually got worse. Theres talent and theres talent, just got to now seriously pick the quality over quantity.