Rumour Hurrell is out this weekend

It wasn't last minute. Konrad knew on Wednesday (at least) that he was being dropped.
why bother naming him on tuesday then?

it seems like a knee jerk reaction to bluey trying to save his career. there are other players in that team that need to take a good look at the way they defend and count themselves really lucky

Reactions: 1 user

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
why bother naming him on tuesday then?

it seems like a knee jerk reaction to bluey trying to save his career. there are other players in that team that need to take a good look at the way they defend and count themselves really lucky
Such as Shaun Johnson who hasnt done jack lately. He really needs to step up and be more vocal for the Warriors to ever be successful. He will make it.
Packer who has made only 76m in 2 weeks!
Tupou who made 2 tackles but missed 3!
Manu who made NO tackles and missed 4!!!

Im not talking about releasing these guys (except for Tupou) but just giving them notice that they need to pick it up. Of course the problem is, who do you replace them with? They wont be demoted either because Bluey desparately needs to win this weekend. From what I read in the NZ Herald yesterday, another huge loss will see him cut by Eric Watson and Owen Glenn instantly. As far as Hurrell concerned, he made 7 tackles and missed 7 so I cant agree that this is a knee jerk reaction! Amazing, in a really bad way that is. Still wierd that he was named. More questions than answers???

i will keep talking about inu as long as he continues to prove that our player management is the worst in the nrl, hope he keeps getting better.
From what Ben Barber and Morris were saying on NRL on Fox on Wednesday night its all Haslers influence. Always was an amazingly talented player but would at times subotage that talent by being at times completely reckless, remember the Storm game? Carrying the ball basketball style and dropping it, offloading in our 10 on zero tackle from a 5th tackle kick... both errors leading directly to trys. May be a little bit of incompetence from coaches not being able to reign that in but at the end of the day it was his doing.

They wont be demoted either because Bluey desparately needs to win this weekend. From what I read in the NZ Herald yesterday, another huge loss will see him cut by Eric Watson and Owen Glenn instantly.

I legit hope we get hammered then. If we win, it clearly means Mcclennan hasn't lost the dressing room though, since the team will know the consequences of a big loss. If we get hammered, well, we'll know he has. Either way, I expect we'll have some answers after this weekend.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
i will keep talking about inu as long as he continues to prove that our player management is the worst in the nrl, hope he keeps getting better.
From an article in The NZ Herald....

The Inu red herringKrisnan Inu may be tearing up for the Bulldogs but anyone who thinks the decision to release the enigmatic back mid-season has influenced the Warriors' fortunes is dreaming. Inu joined a very good Bulldogs side that was already playing well without him. At Canterbury his extravagant but erratic talents are the cherry on top of the cake. At the Warriors he was a sponge, soaking up energy and resources that could better be invested elsewhere. Hardly a favourite of Ivan Cleary, Inu was handed a clean slate when the new coach arrived. Just weeks into the pre-season he was already on the outer. He was overlooked for the first match, played 27 minutes of the bench in round two and then didn't reappear until round seven. He scored a try in a convincing victory over the Rabbitohs but was truly dreadful the following week against the Storm. Des Hasler may be extracting gold from Inu but the line of coaches who have failed long term where Hasler is succeeding short term with Inu winds around the block several times. Inu wasn't to blame for the problems at the Warriors this season, but nor was he a cure for them.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10827719

Inu would not have saved our season , i agree

But im sure he would have made it slightly less embarrassing !

As for Joel Moon, jeez, that guy was average at best.

Hurrells D has always been bad but I think it has improved this season he just needs to be more comitted to the tackle. I think in the cowboys game he just had no confidence and thats Blueys flaut for putting him back in Injuered in the Manley game, most players would have lost confidence after that espically a young shy guy.

Side note - If we carnt beat the Panthers at home less Jennings and Lewis then the players are obviously doing there best to make sure Bluey isnt there next year, despite all of them comming out backing him in the media late this week.

Interesting article, I havent read it put that blutly before. Could be sacked as soon as Sunday if its a bad preformance......will be an interesting game! I think it will be a hidding by whatever team wins, but who will win? Either way plently of points will be scored.

Did you see the Bulldogs game lastnight? Inu was ripping!!

Interesting article, I havent read it put that blutly before. Could be sacked as soon as Sunday if its a bad preformance......will be an interesting game! I think it will be a hidding by whatever team wins, but who will win? Either way plently of points will be scored.
Reminds me of Kearneys last few weeks at the Eels. At one stage just before his dumping it was reported only a win would save him and they won, but it didnt save him. It might have even been a game against the Panthers.

Such as Shaun Johnson who hasnt done jack lately. He really needs to step up and be more vocal for the Warriors to ever be successful. He will make it.
Packer who has made only 76m in 2 weeks!
Tupou who made 2 tackles but missed 3!
Manu who made NO tackles and missed 4!!!

Im not talking about releasing these guys (except for Tupou) but just giving them notice that they need to pick it up. Of course the problem is, who do you replace them with? They wont be demoted either because Bluey desparately needs to win this weekend. From what I read in the NZ Herald yesterday, another huge loss will see him cut by Eric Watson and Owen Glenn instantly. As far as Hurrell concerned, he made 7 tackles and missed 7 so I cant agree that this is a knee jerk reaction! Amazing, in a really bad way that is. Still wierd that he was named. More questions than answers???

i dont know if you have notice the majority of mateo's tackle or tackle attempts always seem to be arm grabs. i know he wanted to work on his D this year and nothing seems to have changed

a week in the vulcans could do wonders for someone like johnson. it may be as simple as he is playing with zero confidence and IF we had a good coach he could give Shaun Johnson a whole bunch of stuff to work on and tell him that if he gets through and improves on what he needed to then he is back in first grade. Like many on this site i think we under utilize the vulcans. they could in theory be as big an asset as they NYC team is.

Hurrell had a bad week and he has been a target all year for other teams and in fact that whole side has been. i dont know if ive seen much of an improvement in his d all year which to me comes back to to bluey and his development of young players. look at hasler with ben barba and his work under the high ball and how much extra work that has been done. i personally thing its pathetic and from the outside looking in he thinks they will learn everything with game time. do any of them having like development plans, do they get individually reviewed each week and are spoken to about what to improve on? in fact isnt what every player should be having

Reactions: 1 users
Hurrell exits the Vulcans with 20mins to go. Recurrence of the ankle injury. Just rest him for the rest of the year Warriors. Hes either a hypochondriac or our medical staff are incompetant. Thats 3 or 4 weeks its happened now

Hurrell does always look injured though lol, even in the 20's when he went to ground he always looked injured when he was getting up.

Hurrell does always look injured though lol, even in the 20's when he went to ground he always looked injured when get was getting up.
Yeah, at the start of the year it was his shoulder, now his ankle. I think last year in the under 20s he was constantly grabbing at the shoulder. He may be hard to stop but if he has to leave the field for half of every game hes a liablility.

The Panthers will be going in without Jennings and Lewis. I don't see how we could lose this match, even without Hurrel. This is assuming the team hasn't been deliberately losing as some people believe.

oh bro you just jinxed it, as soon as you say we should win we get smoked

The Inu red herringKrisnan Inu may be tearing up for the Bulldogs but anyone who thinks the decision to release the enigmatic back mid-season has influenced the Warriors' fortunes is dreaming. Inu joined a very good Bulldogs side that was already playing well without him. At Canterbury his extravagant but erratic talents are the cherry on top of the cake. At the Warriors he was a sponge, soaking up energy and resources that could better be invested elsewhere. Hardly a favourite of Ivan Cleary, Inu was handed a clean slate when the new coach arrived. Just weeks into the pre-season he was already on the outer. He was overlooked for the first match, played 27 minutes of the bench in round two and then didn't reappear until round seven. He scored a try in a convincing victory over the Rabbitohs but was truly dreadful the following week against the Storm. Des Hasler may be extracting gold from Inu but the line of coaches who have failed long term where Hasler is succeeding short term with Inu winds around the block several times. Inu wasn't to blame for the problems at the Warriors this season, but nor was he a cure for them.

Great article, but just reiterating the obvious really, then again theres still plenty of people that still dont get it.

mate dont read too much nz herald, its not good for you.

Danpatmac

mate dont read too much nz herald, its not good for you.

Nobody is foolish enough to believe Inu would have changed the
warriors season into a great one, the problems are much bigger than one guy.

But... he would've been better than Tupou at least.

Hurrell exits the Vulcans with 20mins to go. Recurrence of the ankle injury. Just rest him for the rest of the year Warriors. Hes either a hypochondriac or our medical staff are incompetant. Thats 3 or 4 weeks its happened now

I reckon they're just not resting it up enough; seems like they're in a ridiculous hurry to get him back out playing. He's built like a triangle on its point, so those ankles are always going to be a weak spot, and when they're recovering from being injured they'll be even weaker and all the more easily reinjured in the tackle. Hell, a footballer can be out for a month or two if they damage an ankle, because to rush a player back means they're forever putting sudden force and stress on it.

I'd hate to see long term damage done to him, but even that's on the cards if he doesn't give it time.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I reckon they're just not resting it up enough; seems like they're in a ridiculous hurry to get him back out playing. He's built like a triangle on its point, so those ankles are always going to be a weak spot, and when they're recovering from being injured they'll be even weaker and all the more easily reinjured in the tackle. Hell, a footballer can be out for a month or two if they damage an ankle, because to rush a player back means they're forever putting sudden force and stress on it.

I'd hate to see long term damage done to him, but even that's on the cards if he doesn't give it time.
Feel exactly the same about Locke. Poor blokes been playing injured almost all season. Rest em up.

Feel exactly the same about Locke. Poor blokes been playing injured almost all season. Rest em up.

I reckon a few are playing injured. Johnson hasn't been the same since the test. Somebody needs to look at our medical staff to make sure guys aren't doing longterm damage to themselves.

Reactions: 2 users