Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

Fark losing two sports to Australia at the same time is cruel and unusual punishment.

At least our NRR didn't take a hit.

Games left against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa

2 wins would secure it, but one win might sneak us into a semi final loss against India.

The key difference was the 27 run 2 drop over from Cummins.

Take the simple catch and you shave defintely 15 possibly 20 from their total.

Lathams dismissal was such an own goal. 44 runs came from the prior 4 overs without any premeditation.

Phillips too, 9 runs off the over already, knock it down the ground for 1, 10 off the over and go again.

A lot for us to take out of it though and will be shocked if we don't make the semis

Even though we lost that there's huge positives there how good is Ravindra going at such a young age, keep on guiding him right and who knows where he'll end up.
I just think we're missing that proper leg spinner in our team I love satner and he's great but he doesn't turn the ball like a leg spinner.
I know our pitches don't suit it but if we had a Nathan Lyon type I feel we would win these 1percent matches more comfortably.

Even though we lost that there's huge positives there how good is Ravindra going at such a young age, keep on guiding him right and who knows where he'll end up.
I just think we're missing that proper leg spinner in our team I love satner and he's great but he doesn't turn the ball like a leg spinner.
I know our pitches don't suit it but if we had a Nathan Lyon type I feel we would win these 1percent matches more comfortably.
Credit where it’s due, Wrighty Wrighty pocked Ravindra to be a superstar a couple of years ago!

Be great to have him batting in the top 6 of the test team with Conway, Latham, Williamson, Mitchell, Blundell. That looks like a really strong batting line up. Is Henry Nichols place under threat? If we can find some genuine strike bowlers from somewhere we would be looking fantastic

Be great to have him batting in the top 6 of the test team with Conway, Latham, Williamson, Mitchell, Blundell. That looks like a really strong batting line up. Is Henry Nichols place under threat? If we can find some genuine strike bowlers from somewhere we would be looking fantastic

This has been a breakout period for Ravindra. He has definitely got the goods for a long career, but I think expectations should stay measured for test cricket in home conditions. In the past, he has been a bit of a candidate for LBW against the moving ball, so he will have some work-ons for sure. This is a World Cup about top order runs in bounty-like conditions (you suck England). It is easy to hit through the line in India, and there are few top order players that are missing out.

There is only one fast bowler in this cup that doesn't have a bowling average between 5 and 7, and that is Bumrah (3.8). Our guys have been good overall except Neesham 9.77. Even with his treatment yesterday Boult who we would think is bowling averagely has one of the best economy rates among quicks in the cup (5.12).

Batsman are getting out to the pacemen by forcing the pace rather than being beaten by beauties.

Last edited:
Back