Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

So does intentionally knocking the ball down to stop a try but the ball going backwards towards your line, yet not being a penalty and 10 in the bin make sense to you....even tho the intention is cynical and exactly the same, just the directionof the ball being different?

Inconsistencies like that just do my head in.....sorry for being anal about it, it's just been a bugbear with rugby for ages with me.

I can live with it being a penalty (although I'm fine it wasn't also) but I still think a send off is way too harsh and that 10 minutes short a player turns into a far too game changing period for something that isn't foul play.
The difference is it isn't a cynical penalty.

You aren't allowed to knock the ball on.

It's the same as in league when you hold a player down intentionally for too long. It's a pen, but if you're doing it because they've run half way down the field and you're doing it to give your team half a chance to get onside. They run the risk of being matched too.

Unless you're arguing knock ons shouldn't be pinged or you want knocking balls back to be pinged, there is no inconsistency.

Every sport has severe consequences for cynical penalties/fouls when there is a goal scoring opportunity.

Yeah was pretty amateur wasn’t it? Think it was the 80s that they refocused on connecting back to the roots and culture to do it more justice.

Still always giggle at the Jason Nightengale “Happy Haka” memes though lol

DA2B6537-5A8F-4D35-BFEC-52576DE674B6.jpeg

Yeah was pretty amateur wasn’t it? Think it was the 80s that they refocused on connecting back to the roots and culture to do it more justice.

Still always giggle at the Jason Nightengale “Happy Haka” memes though lol

View attachment 2675
When he eas Captain Wayne (Buck) Shelford called in Maori experts and updated the execution and importance of the Haka.

I think our boys are playing some decent Rugby atm we did just beat one of the best teams in the world, I think we'll blow Argentina off the park the first 40 mins they won't keep up but then they'll hit back in the 2nd half. Prediction 35-21

I think our boys are playing some decent Rugby atm we did just beat one of the best teams in the world, I think we'll blow Argentina off the park the first 40 mins they won't keep up but then they'll hit back in the 2nd half. Prediction 35-21
SHOULD win BUT don’t write the Pumas off, they will have nothing to lose and everything to gain- pressure is entirely on us

Why is a knock on an advantage ? Why not just play on?

Sorry I thought it was advantage panalty

Why is a knock on an advantage ? Why not just play on?

Also these Australian commentators are so salty
When one of the commentators essentially says “I hope Argentina win” you’re probably not going to get an impartial call

Crusaders yes, All Blacks he hasn’t stepped up consistently though his career really apart from the odd game
I thought this World Cup has been a bit of a breakout internationally for him, especially his running game. That break last week was a beauty where he found Jordan for the try and a nice break before that wasn’t capitalised on. NZ pretty thin at first five, McKenzie takes over perhaps?

Back