General Hurrell - Fat or Fit?

smac19

smac19

is it his muscles are too big?...looks so injury prone...having that dip**** Tupou outside him doesnt help

Miket12

Miket12

Hurrell didn't - our fullback who only could make 2 of his 6 tackles mad allowed three tries to be scored from the tackles he missed cost us.

Robster

Robster

I feel he could be one of the best or possibly the best centre for anyone who has ever put in the Warriors jersey. But with his strength and skills aside the only thing which I can see is he could be a massively injury prone player through out his Career. The amount of times he gets injuried during a match this season is more then the amount of times players get injured during their career. I hope I'm wrong.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I feel he could be one of the best or possibly the best centre for anyone who has ever put in the Warriors jersey. But with his strength and skills aside the only thing which I can see is he could be a massively injury prone player through out his Career. The amount of times he gets injuried during a match this season is more then the amount of times players get injured during their career. I hope I'm wrong.
First of all, the best centre to ever don the Warriors jersey, for me, was Nigel Vagana util the whole Tainui thing where the players didnt know if they were going to get paid. Secondly, as for last nights injury, T-Rex steppng on your foot would injure anybody even if you had a prosthetic foot. I think he also needs to know when to take a tackle because although it looks goood and gets the crowd going, those thigh pumping runs when he is carrying 3 defenders another 5 - 10 metres will end his career if he's not careful. By the looks of things, this guy has all the skills to make a good go of things in the NRL so I hope the coaching staff teach him how to protect his body for everyones sake, especially his own.

(Like to acknowledge Falcon for the use of K-rell)

Reactions: 1 users
Tyrael

Tyrael

Toopi was decent too ;)

I think the injury prone thing is really a transition thing from u20's to FG. Size and speed are another level. Think of people like Shaun Johnson last year, Benji's 3 shoulder recontructions it isn't anything new. Injury prone shouldn't be something to be looked at the first season. It is something that is over at least a couple of seasons.

On the note of Hurrell coming back on, the ultimate blame does like with the coach. Yes the player can say he is fine but the coach is the tactical leader here. He should factor in time left in game, the score, how tired are his forwards (does he need to use that one interchange on a back), who Hurrell will be marking etc.

It wasn't Hurrell's fault for thinking he was ok, it was Bluey's for letting him back on. (Using an analogue, kids will always want to eat ice-cream, but if you don't give it to them, they can't eat it)

Reactions: 1 users
PolarBob

PolarBob

Looks like Koni keeps re-injuring/playing with the same ankle/foot injury rather than picking up a fresh one each game. Played on with the same thing in the U20s last year didn't he? Just never healed. Doesn't help when, after being off the field for said injury, a Manly player grabs him by the ankle while you're on the ground and tries to drag you back toward your line.

Fish on the other hand seems like the very definition of injury prone to me.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Toopi was decent too ;)

I think the injury prone thing is really a transition thing from u20's to FG. Size and speed are another level. Think of people like Shaun Johnson last year, Benji's 3 shoulder recontructions it isn't anything new. Injury prone shouldn't be something to be looked at the first season. It is something that is over at least a couple of seasons.

On the note of Hurrell coming back on, the ultimate blame does like with the coach. Yes the player can say he is fine but the coach is the tactical leader here. He should factor in time left in game, the score, how tired are his forwards (does he need to use that one interchange on a back), who Hurrell will be marking etc.

It wasn't Hurrell's fault for thinking he was ok, it was Bluey's for letting him back on. (Using an analogue, kids will always want to eat ice-cream, but if you don't give it to them, they can't eat it)
Toopi was decent especially when he was in career best form. That was in 2002 and unfortunately for us was the same year Vagana was named Centre of the year at the Dallies that year. Totally agree on the whole step up from NYC to NRL theory. That was half my original point. He could get away with his barn storming runs in the U20's carrying half the opposing team but he needs to be careful about doing it now. You can only carry an extra 300kg so far for so long.Whats Wiki telling this guy? Need the conditioning coach to say some wise words to the lad.

Reactions: 1 user
Gee

Gee

Anyone who has played sport will be able to recall times as a younger player that they have played while carrying an injury and can't perform at 100%, it's just that desire to be out their playing footy. It is not until you get a bit of maturity (grey hairs?) into your game that you start thinking about the bigger picture that you playing at 75% is not always in the best interest of the team. That is where the coaching staff / medical staff need to make the calls and do what is in the best interest of the team and also player welfare so that they are not risking long term injury.
In hindsight Kony might have rushed back in, but the T-Rex foot wouldn't have helped. I think T-rex also swung on that angle in the first tackle on Konys return to the field.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anyone who has played sport will be able to recall times as a younger player that they have played while carrying an injury and can't perform at 100%, it's just that desire to be out their playing footy. It is not until you get a bit of maturity (grey hairs?) into your game that you start thinking about the bigger picture that you playing at 75% is not always in the best interest of the team. That is where the coaching staff / medical staff need to make the calls and do what is in the best interest of the team and also player welfare so that they are not risking long term injury.
In hindsight Kony might have rushed back in, but the T-Rex foot wouldn't have helped. I think T-rex also swung on that angle in the first tackle on Konys return to the field.
On the plus side, as we wont be making the top 8, K-rell will have all the time in the world to heal during our extended off-season!!!!

Hahahaha