General Hurrell - Fat or Fit?

Danpatmac

a ben barba would be nice. none of our fullbacks this year have been able to create tries from kick returns or turn up in the line like barba does

He is a pretty special player... not many of those around.

Locke is a s good as we will get

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Ben Barba is a once in a generation player. Havent seen the best of that kid yet. Lockes good. Think he's not 100% at the moment.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
a ben barba would be nice. none of our fullbacks this year have been able to create tries from kick returns or turn up in the line like barba does

I'd suggest no other fullback in the comp has done anything close to what Barba has this season, except perhaps Slater in the first few rounds.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I'd suggest no other fullback in the comp has done anything close to what Barba has this season, except perhaps Slater in the first few rounds.
Barbas the man. Back to the subject though, Hurrell looks fine to me. He's not fat. George Rose is fat. Mark Tookey was fat.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

George Rose is a cu**.

When we went down for the season opener this year, my 8 year old lad was mostly looking forward to seeing Rose play so he could scream abuse at him for the elbow in the Grand Final. When we saw he wasn't on the field my 11 grumbled "He's probably still in the dressing room, eating pies."

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

hell yeah...does Koni ever get the ball clean one on one....who's teaching the backs?

No, it is SO frustrating watching Mannering take the tackle every single time even when we have front foot ball and have the opportunity to get Hurrell one on one with his defender. I can't believe it, is Mannering just thick or blind????Get Brown or Mateo out there with him, someone who actually has a bit of vision, hell even Taylor....Mannering is just a black hole.

Reactions: 1 user
wallacenz

wallacenz

No, it is SO frustrating watching Mannering take the tackle every single time even when we have front foot ball and have the opportunity to get Hurrell one on one with his defender. I can't believe it, is Mannering just thick or blind????Get Brown or Mateo out there with him, someone who actually has a bit of vision, hell even Taylor....Mannering is just a black hole.
you think brown will pass it?

Reactions: 1 users
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

They play what they practice.

wallacenz

wallacenz

Dunno man, surely more so than Mannering. What do you think of Mannering at 13? I'm a Mannering fan, this is the only aspect of his game that frustrates me.......
brown wasnt a distributor at centre, he was most likely to tuck it under the arm and charge the line. i dont recall him ever passing it though im sure he did.

i like the idea of mannering midfield if we had others who could tackle on the edges when attack transitions to defence and vise versa

Reactions: 1 user
Fazz

Fazz

He's gone off hurt a few times. Softcock is the wrong word really. Apologies! Fragile, I suppose would be better. It's just a worry that he's missing weeks here and there and not finishing games. Even if it's because he's playing hurt, it worries me. It means our club isn't looking after the players. In spite of the impression my last post may have given, I really do rate him.