General Hurrell - Fat or Fit?

Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

In terms of pure metres, perhaps - but we've already got our prop rotation making great metres. We need ballplaying backrowers that can get clean ball to our backs, and whilst not hating on Mannering, that isn't exactly his forte.

I agree with the rapidly unemployable oaf.

wallacenz

wallacenz

In terms of pure metres, perhaps - but we've already got our prop rotation making great metres. We need ballplaying backrowers that can get clean ball to our backs, and whilst not hating on Mannering, that isn't exactly his forte.
so youre with bluey thinking its our attack letting us down? we just need more attack.. i just cant agree

Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
so youre with bluey thinking its our attack letting us down? we just need more attack.. i just cant agree

Nope, that's not my position at all. I don't see why ballplaying backrower has to also imply they're a weak defender. I think that defense is more than simply number of tackles made, balance is the key.

wallacenz

wallacenz

Nope, that's not my position at all. I think we need more balance, that's all.
mateo is the classic example of a ball playing back rower. but 3 of him and wed be leaking massive points.

edit: mannering is an all rounder, mateo is our ball player and taylor/luck have been our midfield tackle bots. thats how i see it

Danpatmac

mateo is the classic example of a ball playing back rower. but 3 of him and wed be leaking massive points.

Nobody is saying we need two mateos, I think the point is that mateo is currently 100% of our creativity in the back row, and when he is not on the field, we look one dimensional.

I want to see one other backrower in our 17 with some 2nd phase game and creativity.... Sam Lousi perhaps.

Or play mateo more... simple.

When we have tacklebot overkill it kills our attack.

wallacenz

wallacenz

I put emphasis on having balance, I don't see how three Mateo's is balanced?
sorry posted above

mannering is an all rounder, mateo is our ball player and taylor/luck have been our midfield tackle bots. thats how i see it

thats balanced imo

wallacenz

wallacenz

Nobody is saying we need two mateos, I think the point is that mateo is currently 100% of our creativity in the back row, and when he is not on the field, we look one dimensional.

I want to see one other backrower in our 17 with some 2nd phase game and creativity.... Sam Lousi perhaps.

Or play mateo more... simple.

When we have tacklebot overkill it kills our attack.
both mannering and taylor can offload, they just dont do it often. maybe our attack is too flat and/or oppositions are getting away with jumping early or being offside because our backrowers and centres seem to always receive the ball with tacklers on them

Danpatmac

both mannering and taylor can offload, they just dont do it often. maybe our attack is too flat and/or oppositions are getting away with jumping early or being offside because our backrowers and centres seem to always receive the ball with tacklers on them

Yes they can, but they don't.
And they certainly don't seem to step up that part of their game while mateo is off the field...

I just think its mateo or nothing at the moment.

wallacenz

wallacenz

Yes they can, but they don't.
And they certainly don't seem to step up that part of their game while mateo is off the field...

I just think its mateo or nothing at the moment.
i agree with your call to play mateo more.. and matulino. mateo doesnt exactly set the world on fire with his defence but that just means he should be able to last longer without subbing if hes fit.

love matulino, gets through the line and can get the arms free

Miket12

Miket12

But doesn't do it enough and never has support.

Hate to say it but maybe we need a fullback who runs lines looking for offloads/short passes from the like of Mateo and Mutts and doesn't park himself outside of the play to act as a link to the centres/wing.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Hate to say it but maybe we need a fullback who runs lines looking for offloads/short passes from the like of Mateo and Mutts and doesn't park himself outside of the play to act as a link to the centres/wing.

and who might be the fullback you think we need???:rolleyes:

wallacenz

wallacenz

a ben barba would be nice. none of our fullbacks this year have been able to create tries from kick returns or turn up in the line like barba does