General How would you feel if we won in 2020?

1590400728690.gif

It’d be like the ending of Inception. Is it real or a dream?

I’d take either if it’s our first GF win 🥳

I would still scream/cry/explode all over my living room in joy if we were to win Our First Ever Grand Final. I'd just be gutted I couldn't be there in person so I could explode in Sydney (assuming the 14 day isolation rule is still in place, but if things are back to normal in late October between New Zealand and Australia, if I can go, I will.) That way I wouldn't go "Oh, shit, now I have to clean this crap up and it's work tomorrow!"

Yes, the Warriors entry in Wikipedia's "NRL Grand Final" page for 2020 would have a * next to it and I'd certainly feel a lot better if we could win it in a regular 24 Round season in 2021 (fingers crossed) but these circumstances affect every club, so wheover wins has a * waiting for them on that page. If I feel a bit "meh" about a Warriors acheivement, frankly, it's winning the Minor Premiership in 2002 because we only got that because of the Bulldogs being docked 37 points for doing the Blow The Salary Cap Limit Boogie... In the same way, it felt weird making the finals in 5th in 2010 when the Storm got docked the 8 points they'd earned and were barred from earning any more for their even bigger BTSCLB.

It would be a great narrative for the NRL and no doubt a few romantic dewy-eyed video montages (like the one tonight on NRL360 about the return of the NRL) would be made until someone remembered those Warriors are those blimmin' Kiwis with their fush and chups, cobber! and then the *s would be bandied about an awful lot.

Last edited:
Didn't you see all those games over the last month or so on Sky? Won. All. Of. Them. 66. 0. It's good times ahead, brother!
Ahhhh, those guys did remind me of how damn good some of the Warriors players were at the time: guys like Brent Webb, Lockie, Wayne, Lance, Campo, Lauaki, dammit, even Rovelli looked OK behind a decent pack to say nothing of sensational performances from Toops in many of the games, Faumaina had his moments too alongside Meli.
Who's gonna be next in the highlights...?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I had to think about this. But in the end it was easy. If the comp had restarted with the new rules and zeroed everyones points, I would have said i was a bit sus but still happy. But if we win from a 4 point deficit at the restart, Fuck yeah, thats a true win and they deserve every accolade.

Good to hear everyone's thoughts. It has turned my opinion around and I would happily take the win! Infact with everything consider it would even go down as the greatest win ever

Reactions: Johnnyray

tajhay

🏉
Lets discuss this possibility of us winning our maiden premiership this year more....just so we dont have to look at the reality of this post:

• Haha
Reactions: Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Lets discuss this possibility of us winning our maiden premiership this year more....just so we dont have to look at the reality of this post:

At this stage I would take sacking Kearney as a win this season.

Reactions: Panther

The post was never intended to think we are going to win.