General How would you feel if we won in 2020?

I have been thinking about this ever since the comp got affected by Covid. How would you feel if the Warriors won their first ever premiership and it was a reduced season (among other changes). I personally don't want us to win it this year as our first ever. If we had won one previously i wouldn't mind. I just don't want to hear how it wasn't a real season etc for years to come. (I know the chances are extremely slim but still). Being a fan for so long and like the rest of you I want that first premiership be a year long ride with me being able to attend the final!

I have been thinking about this ever since the comp got affected by Covid. How would you feel if the Warriors won their first ever premiership and it was a reduced season (among other changes). I personally don't want us to win it this year as our first ever. If we had won one previously i wouldn't mind. I just don't want to hear how it wasn't a real season etc for years to come. (I know the chances are extremely slim but still). Being a fan for so long and like the rest of you I want that first premiership be a year long ride with me being able to attend the final!
I'm 100% with you, though I would be so proud. The Aussies would dismiss the season for sure. Would still get your name on the trophy but always be the team that won on a bullshit season. Loving the direction we're heading with recruitment, so would love next year to be our maiden premiership.

it would feel amazing to me, its still a maiden premiership. 1991 has an asterixis next to it due to the massive interchange rule change 6/8 weeks into the season, guarantee you Penrith don't feel like it was "not a real season". this season has been reduced by 4 rounds... hardly drastic, will still involve a top 8 and a final series and a GF. the theory that this year is cheapened is bull shit IMO. if anything it is going to test teams mental resolve more than any other season. regardless, we will be lucky to finish above 14th haha

it feel amazing to me, its still a maiden premiership. 1991 has an asterixis next to it due to the massive interchange rule change 6/8 weeks into the season, guarantee you Penrith don't feel like it was "not a real season". this season has been reduced by 4 rounds... hardly drastic, will still involve a top 8 and a final series and a GF. the theory that this year is cheapened is bull shit IMO. if anything it is going to test teams mental resolve more than any other season. regardless, we will be lucky to finish above 14th haha
Please send me what you guys are smoking/drinking.I would take it in a heartbeat

Last edited:
I like how we are talking it up with George saying they're going over to kick their arse.
I just read a good story about jazz saying anybody who takes them lightly is in for a shock and these young boys are up for this. He said Issac Luke is gonna smashed and "he's offered anybody $100 to take bully's head off".

For all those who think winning the comp this year would be great, let me remind who would have his contract extended out to 15 years......
EB1B8D70-E733-4E47-84DB-503538FDE92A.jpeg

On one of those league sites they ran a story about this year may require a mental fortitude to win the comp. With our team away from their families that will require a bit and use it to their advantage with aggression. Also in each other's pocket hopefully it galvanises them, I haven't heard of any fights breaking out like parramatta. Always hopeful and optimistic.

Would it be like that Australian Ice skater winning gold? Where all the teams get Covid and we end up winning things by default?

I would still be ecstatic, reality would kick in around December when I start hearing Kearney mumble on about being above the line and the process.