General how do you grade Ivan Cleary so far this year?

How do you rate Ivan this year?

• B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• D

• Total voters

warriorfaithful*_old

Yeah i think hes doing well. Gave him a b but it woulda been a b+ if it was there lol. But anyway yeah he seems to be keeping relaxed and doing a good job to boot. Hopefully he can stay warriors coach for quite a while!!!

Jesbass_old

A-/B+.

Cleary has had to deal with a -4 disadvantage before coaching a single first grade game. He has introduced numerous youngsters to the highest level, and hasn't been too proud to make changes when he has found out to be wrong.

Skinny_Ravs82

His introduction of rookies has been excellent, and also in making tough decisions on others and also the fact is he doesn't let too much phase him he jsut takes it in and continues on. It's been good by my reckoning; I like him as a coach I reckon.

Warrioraholic_old

Not sure if thats any indication of grading him, maybe put some comments next to the letters.........

JonB_old

Warrioraholic said:
Not sure if thats any indication of grading him, maybe put some comments next to the letters.........

like what great, good satifactory..? I can't edit the poll options anyway or i can't figure out how

Skinny_Ravs82

Very interesting to note that there are votes for C and D...I wonder why :?

MarkW_old

There's still a fair way to go in the season, but even without the -4 start the Warriors would not be in the top 8, in fact 11th.
On the up side I think Cleary is learning as he goes. As people have mentioned, it's good to see the new boys get a decent run. I feel he is using this year as a testing ground for the 2007 season - trying to get key positions sorted and generally solidify the starting line up for the years ahead.

I'd give him a B-/C so far. If the team keeps performing like it has the last few weeks his rating will go up by year's end... if not, it's detention!

sebastian_old

Calm, cool no frustrastion, hes a unusal coach but probably perfect for the warriors. He keeps there heads out the sky without breaking sweat. It looks like the team is slowy being molded to have confidence in each other so every can focus on their own job instead of dragging others. Hes not afraid to drop high profile players or admit hes wrong. The team is moving forward lets see how far they can go. Taking into account wade mcinnion for next year i have confidence that cleary can give us fans some just rewards for our long term suffering.

warriors4life_old

I graded him a fair C. He has been OK, but under my expectations of a good/great coach. He has made some dubious selections, but also some good ones and some of his tactics have been good as well. But we still seem to struggle with the inconsistency that had plagued us for the past two years. 6 wins from 14 games doesn't really warrant an A or B in my opinion.

sebastian_old

Also lets not forget he convinced ravs over here. Another coach might not have known about him. You owe cleary a box of chocolates skinny!!

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
Also lets not forget he convinced ravs over here. Another coach might not have known about him. You owe cleary a box of chocolates skinny!!

Hehe. I'll remember to give it to him when they come over here then :lol:

fiamacho_old

I gave the man an "A" after Tony Kmpe and Watson left he has grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and turned it around.

The Team is playing with more structure and cohesion and he is bringing through the young talented locals that we have a lot of here.

***EDIT***

one-eyed-warrior_old

I gave him a B. Hes pulling down the house and building it up from the foundations. He looks to be on the right track now. I reckon give him three years to make the top 6, top eight is nothing, gotta be top 6 to really be in with a chance. 8 and 7 usually get dicked first game.

commonsense_old

i was one of the ppl who gave ivan a C.

im not pessimistic or nothing but honestly he doesnt deserve an A or a B. YET ANYWAY...

an A coach would go to someone like graham murray or craig bellamy. theyve done something special with their teams. u can add steve folkes to that list too. michael hagan and brian smith are B coaches... they have been pretty consistent over the seasons.

yeh i know cleary has been givin a -4 handicap. but that doesnt mean he deserves an A. George W Bush got into presidency with a war to start his campaign and needless to say that guy doesnt deserve an A for his leadership.

ivan has done OK i think. he has brought up some new talent. something that tony kemp didnt do. but he has many too many errors in judgement. for eg fien at halfback, sione at 5/8th, putting players out of position such as tony martin at winger, koopu at centre.
but good thing about him is that he bit the bullet and admit to his mistakes. putting rovelli at halfback was one of the better moves he has done all season. but he still has an error in judgement when it comes to selection. until he pull ropati out of the no 6 jersey i cannot say he is doin a wonderful job. i dont want to hear that we have no one to play that position. lance hohaia can play in there. or u put rovelli there and lance in the no7.

like warriors4life said 6 wins from 14 games doesnt really warrant a A/B rating.

iceman_old

...I can only go by results so far because it is impossible for me to watch every minute of every game live. That being said, unlike a lot of 'experts' on this site, I know a little bit about league. Barely a C to be honest...The boy should be still learning his trade in reserve grade...not experimenting/toying with the Warriors. 'beep', look at our results and the table!

***EDIT***

AmeriKiwi_old

I`m not convinced at all that Cleary made any errors in judgement by switching players around earlier this season... I think he was simply experimenting and testing the waters to see how well players were able to adapt to different positions on the field.
It`s too early to rate Cleary yet... they`re just finding their groove and the remaining games of the 2006 season will tell us a lot more about his coaching abilities, as will next year.

danielspencer2_old

Ivan is the best coach ever.

We are going to win the grand final this year damn it. Have some faith!!!!!

It was the players fault they were not winning earlier in the season. Not ivan's.

Good luck ivan , and please bring back Georige gatis to the warriors bench for backup hooker. U bought him all the way from aussie. He sholdn't be playing in batercard cup!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings