• Warriors 13+

• Warriors 12-

• Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

• Dragons 12-

• Dragons 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a blow waking up to see the news about the CHT injury. In terms of being a development club it provides an opportunity for someone else.

It is more a blow as it is on top of all of the other injuries. Metcalf being out means CHT would be next in line if one of the halves went down. Hopefully he isn't out for too long.

I was out for lunch earlier and good kind of make out the radio in the background. It said Zyon Maiu’u debuting but having seen any updated team lists confirming that yet. The team list does look like the make up of the bench will be adjusted.

I thought the injuries the last few years were frustrating as someone would come back and someone else would get injured so we were never at full strength or seeing specific combinations. This year we are getting quite stretched.

I want to say that I hope Ali stays on the bench and Pompey drops out, Webby has put Taine on the bench when we were slammed by injuries before, but it would be pretty crazy having 3 rookies on the bench

Ali potentially coming in briefly and playing in the back row would be awesome to see

Last edited:
I want to say that I hope Ali stays on the bench and Pompey drops out, Webby has put Taine on the bench when we were slammed by injuries before, but it would be pretty crazy having 3 rookies on the bench

You can't convince me that Ali potentially coming in briefly and playing in the backrow would be awesome to see..
Sorry but you seem to be contradicting yourself..... do you think Ali on the bench is good or bad?

Sorry but you seem to be contradicting yourself..... do you think Ali on the bench is good or bad?

my bad- "You can't convince me that Ali potentially coming in briefly and playing in the backrow *wouldn't* be awesome to see"

I want to see Ali out there, and seeing him play in the same position as Big Ali would be cool even if it was only for a couple minutes, but have a combined 33 games on the bench, with 30 of those being Tom Ale is madness

Silver lining; huge fucking day for the rookies. Dragons will have half a chub happening, thinking they can get their leg over.

If our juniors step up and bury them, we are definitely looking at a dynasty.
I still count Tom Ale as a rookie at nigh on thirty games of very brief duration.

Like the thinking around the Rookies taking it to the Dragons. Double that next week against the Tits.

Must be Toms turn to have a break out game, spurred on by leading the young mates in battle.

Management of minutes will be interesting. If we can put more than a twenty four point gap on the Dragons, we could see the Webmeister give the full rookie bench a run together, that would be amaze balls.

Fox late mail suggests that there is a chance of a backline reshuffle. Also saw devlin and others on twitter suggesting that we might be shifting RTS to wing, Pompey to centre and Montoya to drop out. Probably just conjecture on their part, but hope we don't mess with the backline today.
If that’s the case then that’s dumb. Why would they reshuffle the backline when the bench is the problem.

If that’s the case then that’s dumb. Why would they reshuffle the backline when the bench is the problem.
Maybe our starters will cover the bench utility role. Roger can cover FB - Center - Wing - 6. And have a stint at 9?(He'd be deadly scooting out of dummy half) Only If Egan goes down. Otherwise Egan plays the whole game. Pomps to center, can Play wing or the backrow if need be . Montz off as he covers only wing.
Then Ali or Taine will have the 4th bench spot. Taine can cover FB & 6. I'd prefer to have Ali so he can slot into his natural position of Center and move Pomps to wing. If its a injury forced replacement.

Fox late mail suggests that there is a chance of a backline reshuffle. Also saw sam hewat on twitter suggesting that we might be shifting RTS to wing, Pompey to centre and Montoya to drop out. Probably just conjecture on their part, but hope we don't mess with the backline today.
I actually think the suggested switch is our best backline.

Just leave the backline as is. Already enough shuffling and uncertainty. Losing an experienced first grader (Montoya) for this game seems counterintuitive.

If Zyon Maiu’u plays his directions need to be simple: Drop no ball, make every tackle, run hard, no offloads, no heroics...

Our odds continue to drop slightly, 1.44 in to 1.39 at Sportsbet. Must be copping some late $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back