General Henderson to Catalans

• Thread starter Morningstar_old
  • Start date

Spence_old

Depends what their mind set is. They might see Heremaia as an organising hooker and Henderson as an impact hooker. Perhaps they think we have a lot of impact hooker options (seluini/Hohaia/etc) and not many organisers.

Jesbass_old

Henderson -> Catalans.

Confirmed.

Source: my email inbox.

It'll be on the mothersite soon, if it isn't already.

Magic Stick_old

Henderson has given tremendous service to the club....a shame he is going. but you have too look after number 1

Hope a huge crowd is there to send Tate,Price and Hendo off

playdaball_old

With Hendo (An Aussie in my books) going how many Aussies will line up at the club next year?

Seymour, Maloney, Luck, Lattimore, Lillyman

- Mateo (Tongan / English)

I must have forgotten some but it would have to almost be a record low especially in recent times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

Yeah, my info is from Richard Becht. I haven't actually bothered to check the mother site, but it usually turns up there about twenty minutes after I get the email.

Viking_old

What a tough gig, playing long term for good money in an easier comp in the sunny south of France, just a stones throw away from Spain.

You'd think with Auckland having non stop rain for the last few months, he'd want to stay here forever. Lucky for him, he'll still be here when the predicted polar blast kicks in, you wouldn't want to miss that.

Iafeta_old

It's a loss but its a significant opening for a number of options - Mara or Seluini interchanging at hooker, or even a move for Hohaia back to hooker to put either Ropati or Locke at fullback.

DanKokoro_old

It's sad to see him go because i think he's been great this year. At the same time i'm super excited to see more of Mara because i thought he had a great debut on saturday and he looks like he's got all the requirements to start playing regular first grade. Loved when he went into the tackle holding the ball above his head with one hand..

To be honest i thought it was an absolute travesty that Mara was bought off for Heremaia when he was and i dare say it would've been a different result if Mara was left on for the rest of the game. He was adding some real spark and just looked totally in control. As soon as Heremaia came back on we seemed to drop a couple of gears.

As much as i liked Heremaia after round 3.. I've seen enough of him TBH. I just think we look like a boring team when he's on the field. For an impact hooking option, I think it'd like a little more impact..

KeepingTheFaith_old

It's a loss but its a significant opening for a number of options - Mara or Seluini interchanging at hooker, or even a move for Hohaia back to hooker to put either Ropati or Locke at fullback.

Agreed. Henderson has a lot to offer, but when you consider his reasons for leaving then you can't blame him. Next year he might have figured in our plans, but 2012-2013 I would've backed Mara/Seluini to really start pushing him and Heremaia to the side.

Hendo has been a great servant, and it's always sad to see a player leave, but I think this move it the best thing for him and the club.

Spence_old

Yeah, it's disappointing that he is going, but to be honest I'm glad one of them left (even though I wish it was Heremaia). If Hendo was here next year it would have been him and Heremaia first choice. I would much rather Mara/Heremaia than Henderson/Heremaia as Mara is the future of our club, he is going to be a great player and needs to get in as soon as possible.

EATASS_old

To be honest, while I'm not glad it's Hendog to go, I thought one of them had to. Dummy half is just too important and neither of them are quick enough (to name but one lacking aspect). Speed out of dummy half is crucial. Having our cake and eating it too would have been keeping Hendog, but hey, look at it this way - IF Heremaia is eventually dropped - that's 2 positions we've made free for the Frodo switch and U20's players coming through.