General Helping the dumbarses with the whistle

Northern_Union

After the Luie Anderson binning in the Tigers match i out forward an idea in which a player can be binned or sent off but that sending only effects the bench, EG the player sent off goes off the field but another player comes on to replace him from the bench and from that point on the bench is then one man short.

Well again we see why the morons with the whistle needs this rule to help them. Crockett was sent off in the 4th minute of the game in his first tackle of the game in which the Dogs wing crouched slightly going into the tackle and in which Crockett hit on the shoulder and it slid up. This is not a send off offence and Andersons wasn't a binning offence.

Also, on the TV news it's interesting that they are saying it is a terrible peace of reffing....this is saying something because One news goes out of it's way to bag the Warriors.

JessBas, do you still say that refs don't have a berring on the out come of a game?

People pay good money that they work all week long for to watch 13 players v 13 players and for those 13 players to decide the out come of the match. They do not pay to watch a ref butcher a game!

Skinny_Ravs82

In terms of entertainment I think e got that, but in terms of a slightly uneven contest it ruined it for sure. Granted from what I heard, Crockett definitely got Phelps on the shoulder, but what didn't help his (Crockett) was the fact Phelps ended up K.Oed.

Mone_old

Even though I agree it was a bad decision I cant agree that the sent off player should be replaced, simply because if the player who an offence is commited on cant continue the only advantage they get is a penalty.If this was the case you could just send someone like Anderson on to take out say Thurston if both players are off who gets the the best deal?

raypower_old

In terms of entertainment I think e got that, but in terms of a slightly uneven contest it ruined it for sure. Granted from what I heard, Crockett definitely got Phelps on the shoulder, but what didn't help his (Crockett) was the fact Phelps ended up K.Oed.

Injury shouldn't play a part in it though. Te Maari went down in a pretty plain tackle, damages his knee, does that mean Price should be on report? In the end it was a stupid reflex decision by Bumstead and the touchy. Bring the Vid Ref into these decisions

Skinny_Ravs82

Injury shouldn't play a part in it though. Te Maari went down in a pretty plain tackle, damages his knee, does that mean Price should be on report? In the end it was a stupid reflex decision by Bumstead and the touchy. Bring the Vid Ref into these decisions
Well there was ample time for the video ref to have his say but he just sat there quietly. How many replays were happening at the time when there was time off while Phelps was being assisted?

Jesbass_old

After the Luie Anderson binning in the Tigers match i out forward an idea in which a player can be binned or sent off but that sending only effects the bench, EG the player sent off goes off the field but another player comes on to replace him from the bench and from that point on the bench is then one man short.

Well again we see why the morons with the whistle needs this rule to help them. Crockett was sent off in the 4th minute of the game in his first tackle of the game in which the Dogs wing crouched slightly going into the tackle and in which Crockett hit on the shoulder and it slid up. This is not a send off offence and Andersons wasn't a binning offence.

Also, on the TV news it's interesting that they are saying it is a terrible peace of reffing....this is saying something because One news goes out of it's way to bag the Warriors.

JessBas, do you still say that refs don't have a berring on the out come of a game?

People pay good money that they work all week long for to watch 13 players v 13 players and for those 13 players to decide the out come of the match. They do not pay to watch a ref butcher a game!

I never have, and I still don't.

I still don't think it's logical to blame an entire loss on a single individual, though, unless it's right at the end of a match with a result-defining moment, such as a referee denying what would have been the match winning try.

Hampstead had a shocker today, and definitely influenced the result, but he didn't decide it. We showed that we could cope without Crockett to an extent by coming back from 0-12 down to lead 14-12, and coming back to 20-24 in the second half.

Northern_Union

They had a one man over lap all day long, hows that not having a direct bearing on the out come?

Skinny_Ravs82

They had a one man over lap all day long, hows that not having a direct bearing on the out come?
I can see where you are coming from NU, but there has to be some sort of advantage for the opposition when a player has infringed. I don't likei t, mind you esp if it's for the whole game. If it's like 10min then ok but a while game seems stupid to me

Northern_Union

where did Anderson infringe against the Tigers? And while i'm at it where was the penalty for Farah for starting that fight?

Where was the infringment by Crockett?

It is and was totally unfair for the Warriors to play one man short and both incidences have cost us 4 points.

Skinny_Ravs82

where did Anderson infringe against the Tigers? And while i'm at it where was the penalty for Farah for starting that fight?

Where was the infringment by Crockett?

It is and was totally unfair for the Warriors to play one man short and both incidences have cost us 4 points.
In the Tigers game about the fight, I would assume because Farah started it by taking the punch to Witt, and thus the Warriors responding went against them. In most cases in the past; players who have retaliated tend to get the short end of the stick and penalised. I don't believe for one second Louie's 'flop tackle' was any relation what so ever to another fight happening. Maybe a push and shove at the most but I don't think much more. I still don't get it, and why he got put for 10min.

The Crockett one is still confusing me because as i've said, I firmly thought he caught him around the shoulder at the most (but it looked high) and probably sliped. Maybe for of the injury to Phelps could have been cause by whoever came after Crockeet. Photo evidence says it may have been Witt or Hohaia but I don't know how much their impact added to Phelps as he was falling.

Northern_Union

Anderson pulled a Tigers player away from the fight....but yeah your right.

Basically Skinny this is why i'm saying we have to take the send off/binning power off the refs because they get it wrong so offen and we suffer and more importantly people that pay hard earned money to watch 13 v 13 decide the out come of a game arn't getting there moneys worth because refs are getting it wrong.
Tryes are very important amd are almost always referred to the video ref....well a sending off 99% of the decides the out come of a game there and then, why not let the video ref decide this as well?

Skinny_Ravs82

13 v 13 is a fair context, I can't believe in the match thread yesterday I put something like 16 v15 for whatever reason! haha. Ok that was a bit off topic.

While I think it is a good idea to maybe take that power away from the refs, my only gripe is that the refs become far too dependent on the eyes around him/above him rather then his own instinct. Sure his instinct will get it wrong at times but still they are the most 'trusted' eyes on the field. Granted I would have liked the video ref yesterday to at least have gotten a say in it, and given his two cents worth so the decision could have been more about the impact of what happened rather then going on the emotional/sympathetic level that it did.

Yes it has cost us games in some fascets too, but we kinda undid ourselves near the end of the match yesterday which only made matters worse, also with the 10min Louie was off and the Tigers took advtange.

Northern_Union

The reason we kinda undid ourselves yesterday was because the Dogs were hitting down Crocketts side of the park and surprise surprise it worked for them and won. Why did it work for them? because we had our winger on that side of the field sent off for a LEGAL tackle.
I'd rather the refs be dependant on the video refs and get it right to be honest.

Jesbass_old

The decision to send off Crockett has an indirect effect on the result. A team doesn't forfeit a match simply by having one less player. The direct causes to losing the game was us conceding more points than the opposition.

I agree with your idea of having a video referee providing input with these sorts of decisions, because Crockett shouldn't have beens sent off and Anderson shouldn't have been binned. Farah was the one who started the Tigers fight.