General Heard a couple of rumours ... can anyone verify ?

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

warriors4life_old

tHe_maC said:
Yes, he played with the Harlequins this season who are the former London Broncos. Thomas was offered an extension but he apprently turned it down to explore other options. They have also lost fromer Rooster Luke Dorn to Salford.

The 'quins have since signed Scott Hill from Melbourne and French Halfback Julien Rinaldi from Catalan to cover the halves options.

Even nothing official has been announced, with the 'quins having Hill, Rinaldi, Paul, McLinden and now even Faumuina in their line up it seems that Thomas is definately moving on...and Wigan is the favourite.

Also Hull KR won this morning, they will now be promoted making former Warrior Justin Morgan the youngest head coach in the SL at just 31.

Guess that rules out Guttenbeil signing with Widnes. Maybe he is looking at Hull KR as an option now.

commonsense_old

thomas leuleuai heading to wigan aye. teaming up with trent barrett. hopefully barrett can teach our thomas how to kick.

Jesbass_old

commonsense said:
thomas leuleuai heading to wigan aye. teaming up with trent barrett. hopefully barrett can teach our thomas how to kick.

Lol, a joke, I presume, seeing as Trent Barrett is a running five-eighth? :lol:

commonsense_old

Jesbass said:
commonsense said:

hardly.. barrett is a running 5/8th but has a great kick on him. pretty much like anasta.

ive always thought thomas was a pretty good halfback but the his only problem was his kickinggame.

Jesbass_old

commonsense said:
Jesbass said:
commonsense said:

hardly.. barrett is a running 5/8th but has a great kick on him. pretty much like anasta.

ive always thought thomas was a pretty good halfback but the his only problem was his kickinggame.

Interesting. I've always likened Ropati and Barrett to having very similar playing styles. Both are running five-eighths who rarely kick or pass.

warriors4life_old

Jesbass said:
commonsense said:
Jesbass said:
commonsense said:

Interesting. I've always likened Ropati and Barrett to having very similar playing styles. Both are running five-eighths who rarely kick or pass.

Nah, Barrett does have a good kicking game, he just doesn't get to utilise it as much with guys like Head and Hornby around him who have good kicking games as well.

tHe_maC_old

Barrett has one of the biggest bombs I have ever seen, right up there with Joey and Lockyer for his bombs. And he has a decent long kicking game too. He should do well at Wigan.

Jesbass_old

tHe_maC said:
Barrett has one of the biggest bombs I have ever seen, right up there with Joey and Lockyer for his bombs. And he has a decent long kicking game too. He should do well at Wigan.

I see. Well then, I gladly stand well and truly corrected. Thanks for the lesson. :)