General Heard a couple of rumours ... can anyone verify ?

• Thread starter MiXmasterreece_old
  • Start date

MiXmasterreece_old

Hay,
Heard a couple of whisperings this week, wondering if anyone had heard anything similar and can verify :

1. Misi Taulapapa's future at Cronullas is rumoured to be in trouble after some sort of 'incident' and he may not be wanted there in 07
2. Guttenbeil has been in talks with the Titans
3. Vinnie Anderson is seeking a release from the ESL and has asked his manager to talk with NRL clubs. Apparently St Helens wont block him leaving.

All could be a pile of BS, but a couple of these things I have heard from a reliable source. Has anyone heard anything similar ?

I repeat these are just rumours at this stage !

warriorfaithful*_old

I cant verify any of them! :) Would like to see Vinnie Anderson back in the NRL though.

KeepingTheFaith_old

1. Haven't heard anything about Misi. The Sharks have signed quite a few outside backs though so he'd be skating on thin ice if the incident is true.

2. *Rumour* Guttenbeil is being looked at as a possible replacement for Frank Puletua now that Timmins has officially retired.

3. I've noticed that Vinnie had fallen out of favour at St Helens unable to get a run despite being in good form. It wouldn't surprise me if he were looking to get out.

Skinny_Ravs82

Nope, haven't heard anything. But will be keeping ears and eyes open! Although funnily enough I was looking through an old warriors lineup from 2004, I partically noticed Vinnie's name come up. LOL. A sign of things to come perhaps? :lol:

patty_old

vinnie would have been a great replacement for sione in my opinion. an experienced lock/centre. but its to late now after signing that fella from batercard and the past he has had at the club.

blez_old

Yeah I heard about that Taulapapa indiscretion. Just adds to his woes really. You would just have to give up on that kid now, a raging alcoholic.

Not too sure about Awen.

There no place for Vinnie Anderson in this side. Why are people comparing him or saying he could 'replace' Faumuina?!? Those two are polar opposites in the style of their play.

warriors4life_old

blez said:
Why are people comparing him or saying he could 'replace' Faumuina?!? Those two are polar opposites in the style of their play.

The poster above you was the only one who suggested that idea.

warriorfaithful*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Nope, haven't heard anything. But will be keeping ears and eyes open! Although funnily enough I was looking through an old warriors lineup from 2004, I partically noticed Vinnie's name come up. LOL. A sign of things to come perhaps? :lol:
I personally hope so!!! :)

blez_old

warriors4life said:
blez said:
Why are people comparing him or saying he could 'replace' Faumuina?!? Those two are polar opposites in the style of their play.

Allright... Cool

?

warriors4life_old

blez said:
warriors4life said:
blez said:

Allright... Cool

?

Well you said "why are people comparing him or saying he could replace Faumuina" when it wasn't people, just one person.

blez_old

warriors4life said:
blez said:
warriors4life said:
blez said:

Allright... Cool

?

Well you said "why are people comparing him or saying he could replace Faumuina" when it wasn't people, just one person.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out....

Well done, nice contribution

warriors4life_old

blez said:
warriors4life said:
blez said:
warriors4life said:
blez said:

Allright... Cool

?

Yeah thanks for pointing that out....

Well done, nice contribution

I like to feel valued.

commonsense_old

if vinnie anderson's manager is frank endacott then there is a good chance the rumour is true.
i read in a recent article on the perenara bros on foxsports.com.au, who are also clients of endacott, and at the end of the article endacott said that an international from the super league just signed with an NRL club. didnt say who though...

shawry_old

remember hearing something not so good about misi. cant remember what though

Jesbass_old

blez said:
Yeah I heard about that Taulapapa indiscretion. Just adds to his woes really. You would just have to give up on that kid now, a raging alcoholic.

I wonder just how much assistance he has been given by the Warriors club, the Sharks club, and the NRL to help him get over his drinking problem. If not much has been offered, it doesn't bode well for Sione Faumuina, either.

tHe_maC_old

I can tell you that Vinnie does want to leave Saints. He has struggled to make the starting line up for most of the season now and wants to move on.

If Hull KR gain promotion to the SL then it is likely Awen will play there under Justin Morgan. If they don't then who knows? But Wakefield do have an offer for him. Not so sure if he is keen to go there though...

And that international who signed for an NRL club that Frank Endacott mentioned was Logan Swann...

Other former Warrior news, Justin Murphy has re-signed with the Catalan for 2 years and also look for Wigan to announce signings around the time their season tickets go on sale... Look for Thomas Leuleuai to end up there.

Jesbass_old

tHe_maC said:
I can tell you that Vinnie does want to leave Saints. He has struggled to make the starting line up for most of the season now and wants to move on.

If Hull KR gain promotion to the SL then it is likely Awen will play there under Justin Morgan. If they don't then who knows? But Wakefield do have an offer for him. Not so sure if he is keen to go there though...

And that international who signed for an NRL club that Frank Endacott mentioned was Logan Swann...

Other former Warrior news, Justin Murphy has re-signed with the Catalan for 2 years and also look for Wigan to announce signings around the time their season tickets go on sale... Look for Thomas Leuleuai to end up there.

Thanks for all that information, tHe_maC. You are, as always, an asset to this forum.

Where does Leuluai play presently? He's a London Bronco, is he not?

tHe_maC_old

Yes, he played with the Harlequins this season who are the former London Broncos. Thomas was offered an extension but he apprently turned it down to explore other options. They have also lost fromer Rooster Luke Dorn to Salford.

The 'quins have since signed Scott Hill from Melbourne and French Halfback Julien Rinaldi from Catalan to cover the halves options.

Even nothing official has been announced, with the 'quins having Hill, Rinaldi, Paul, McLinden and now even Faumuina in their line up it seems that Thomas is definately moving on...and Wigan is the favourite.

Also Hull KR won this morning, they will now be promoted making former Warrior Justin Morgan the youngest head coach in the SL at just 31.

Skinny_Ravs82

Oh well done to Justin for that! He must be doing a nice job there. Good to hear. And like Jes said, thanks for the info the_mac. Very helpful :D

Jesbass_old

tHe_maC said:
Yes, he played with the Harlequins this season who are the former London Broncos. Thomas was offered an extension but he apprently turned it down to explore other options. They have also lost fromer Rooster Luke Dorn to Salford.

The 'quins have since signed Scott Hill from Melbourne and French Halfback Julien Rinaldi from Catalan to cover the halves options.

Even nothing official has been announced, with the 'quins having Hill, Rinaldi, Paul, McLinden and now even Faumuina in their line up it seems that Thomas is definately moving on...and Wigan is the favourite.

Also Hull KR won this morning, they will now be promoted making former Warrior Justin Morgan the youngest head coach in the SL at just 31.

Good old Panda. Nice to see he's doing well.