I think 6 is his best position.
Having watched/reffed him a bit in the past but not so much the last couple of years due to him playing 1st XV Yawnion.
Saw him bossing a mens team around at end of 2016, coasting in the 6 jersey, controlling everything and too good to get tackled.
I think his main strength is vision and ball distribution however he also has decent pace and is a gifted runner of the ball.
Another 4/5 kegs on his frame wouldn't hurt either.
Similar to Lockyer? That's the impression I got watching the way he carries himself, presence..

George Perham. Otherwise known as GP. Spent a bit of time inside. Most who have been through Paremoremo will know him or of him...

George is the uncle bro, quite notoriously known here in vegas. Hayze is a good kid tho, has a real professional outlook (thanks to the academy at Rotorua Boys), deceptively fast - one of those guys you don't think is moving out until he's leaving you for dead, a credit to the family. Tbh tho I don't know what his best position will end up being.....fullback, centres, halves? Getting talked up a bit here but imo still a ways off making it yet.......fair bit of development needed but all initial signs are promising.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
George is the uncle bro, quite notoriously known here in vegas. Hayze is a good kid tho, has a real professional outlook (thanks to the academy at Rotorua Boys), deceptively fast - one of those guys you don't think is moving out until he's leaving you for dead, a credit to the family. Tbh tho I don't know what his best position will end up being.....fullback, centres, halves? Getting talked up a bit here but imo still a ways off making it yet.......fair bit of development needed but all initial signs are promising.
Just what I was told by some fella I met at the Rotorua trial game who said he knew the family. Guy was from Taupo...

Reactions: bruce
"Looking at the other big rugby schools, they haven't supported league players in a rugby school as well as Rotorua Boys' have done. The rugby coaches and the principal Mr Grinter are really supportive of rugby players trying to make a career out of league - they don't cut down our options and I'm really grateful for them letting me choose my own path." - Wow, what a school. I'll send my kids there. Would have loved that support. as would any league player of the past.

Inside word on Hayze Perham is that he has good physicals but needs to develop his game sense and skills. His ongoing and somewhat protracted development is part of a new strategy at the club to promote talented players only when they have hardened bodies and minds. This seems like a smart approach after the failures of so many talented juniors we've elevated in previous years. Cayless has been brought onboard in large part to facilitate this.

Kid's all class, I'd like to see us move him to the wing and continue his tutelage under Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in FG.

Long-term he could either take over fb if the cap moves into the halves or possibly center... that's if he progresses well enough.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
Kid's all class, I'd like to see us move him to the wing and continue his tutelage under Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in FG.

Long-term he could either take over fb if the cap moves into the halves or possibly center... that's if he progresses well enough.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had three seasons studying under Minichello, and look how that has paid off. Imagine if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had to learn under Sam Tompkins, just saying like.

• Haha
Reactions: Fazz and ttkk19
Yeah this is an interesting player to watch this year. Is he going to be another CNK? It would be a shame for him to leave without a bunch of games, but honestly where do you play him? Can he command a bench role?

Is he a natural fullback? He cant cut the back 3 so is he a half? That's where he plays most but that looks set now. Whatever the case I want to see him get a crack next because hes deserved it and bided his time IMO, it's just where?

I'm sure kearney has a 5 min slot on the bench with the other two hookers he has on the bench🤦‍♂️