General Guttenbeil or Lauaki ?

Who should we re-sign Guttenbeil or Lauaki ?

• Epalahame Lauaki

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sebastian_old

Iafeta said:
Just on the games you nominated

Vinnie: That was apparently obvious to all except Warriors management and their lack of ethics
Hape: Again, a big shame, but reportedly offered massive money by Bradford and at that stage coming off an horrific injury, got to stay within the salary cap restraints
Whatuira: Always looked a consistent player who did his job well
Ali: Debateable as to whether he's really improved a great deal since 2004, be interested to see how he'd go back in the NRL where defences tend to be a bit more solid
Latu: His career is now over, so its pointless debating it
Paleaaesina: I've watched him a bit at Wigan, he has struggled a bit in my eyes. The thing with Paleaaesina is he'll never reach his potential unless he learns to play a lot of minutes, and he was never going to get that opportunity here behind Price and Wiki. Unfortunately, its not happening at Wigan either.

There's also the obvious counter arguments of the likes of Thomas Leuluai, Cliff Beverley, Zane Clarke, Kane Ferris, Peter Lewis, Jason Mackie and co who the club did not perservere with and who really have not turned out to be anything more of what the club expected of them when they were allowed to leave. In regards to Hame, he's played 24 first grade games, and I have not been overly impressed by what I have seen - woeful lateral D, for a big bloke he has no sting in defence either and gets bumped off more than a guy his size should, takes a long time to build up a head of steam, seemingly only lasts a short while, and never really delivered on all the ball playing propaganda we were spoon fed by Daniel Anderson. He might come good - in my eyes, it's more of a risk to lose a proven performer and inspiration to younger players in Awen Guttenbeil than to lose a one in ten chance of turning their career around in Hame Lauaki.

Gee thats a pity about how Iafeta's going, i thought he'd end up a star.

2big2strong_old

Wiki said:
Probably Awen due to his leadership capabilities.

Agreed, he has had an awesome season as of late.

The problem with signing Awen is that it will only be for one year, if Hame leaves then we could have lost a talent forever.

I would like to see Hame drop a few kilos like Manu did.

i think Manu needs to go back to Jenny Craig for a few weeks, he's piling on the pounds and starting to look less slick and more of a plump prop. As a winger he looks like he's finding it harder to move unless he's arleady at full tilt, maybe a switch to the front or second row is on the cards very shortly. hes still growing.

Wiki_old

2black2strong said:
i think Manu needs to go back to Jenny Craig for a few weeks, he's piling on the pounds and starting to look less slick and more of a plump prop. As a winger he looks like he's finding it harder to move unless he's arleady at full tilt, maybe a switch to the front or second row is on the cards very shortly. hes still growing.

Hmm yeah. It was his injury that did that. He came from injury a few kilos heavier.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix and I am actually surprised that the Warriors management haven't got onto it. Well they might have. I guess its up to the discipline that Manu has.

JonB_old

I was at the game (down here in chch) in which Hame got injured, he was on the verge of exploding, he had one great run, down the flank and most of the time it looked like the tigers only just contained him, if it wasn't for that game I don't think I would be sticking up for him now.
In that game George Gattis was the best league player on the field that day.
If Mr Lauki had few more kilso of muscle and a few less of fat he would of had 200 metres off 15 Hit-ups.

Samoan Souljah_old

For Me i would sign Lauaki if he could drop abit of weight and fire like his bro does for the chiefs or abs .. but if loyalty was a big thing in the nrl id be signing Guttenbiel .. but if we are trying to build a future keep Lauaki ..

Kiwi League_old

Let them fight each other to decide who stays.
Deathmatch.

Or off-load both & sign Ben Vaeau. And Harrison Hanson.

Swanley_old

Hame for building a squad.

Feka was best let go. Made some good runs but always lacking in the defence department.

Samoan Souljah_old

Feka was improving heaps before they let him go! he finally became a test player and would have still gotten better if they kept him ..

Swanley_old

Feka is a second tier test player at best.

Can anybody recall the last time Feka hurt someone in a tackle ? I can't.

Samoan Souljah_old

good call i cant think of anytime let alone the last time feka hurt someone in a tackle lol .. but efen tho his d wasnt the best his o was awesome! lol

Swanley_old

I agree, with ball in hand he was awesome, but that is not really enough these days....

Samoan Souljah_old

i see this topic has been a good one how about if the players were Feka or Lauaki ... who would we all pick? .. i know for sure id go Feka! lol