General Greg Inglis: Best player in the world?

2big2strong_old

There is an official vote taking place currently in Australia through the news limited media outlets, asking who is now the best player in the world.

Over the last couple years Jonathon Thurston and Darren Lockyer have battled out the title and before that Joey Johns was frequently awarded the title of "best player in the world".
But with Johns retired, Darren Lockyer barely able to string an 80min game together this year and Jonathon Thurston down on confidence and team morale, who would you say is the "worlds best" right now.

I think Greg Inglis is heads and shoulders the best, definitely in attack anyway. Since he debuted 2 years ago he has just torn every opponent apart and it's scary to see how good he can actually get. Over the last few weeks especially he's made some of the best players in the NRL look like schoolboys. Size, Speed, Strength. It's all there. He's the Michael Jordan of league.

Awwwbrisbanetimescomau ffximage 2008 06 21 250 inglis 0

Viking_old

Inglis has more strings to his bow than SBW.

Since winning the Premiership has Sonny Bill had an injury free season?

Northern_Union

Does the best player in the world vote also include fans in England and France?

2big2strong_old

Does the best player in the world vote also include fans in England and France?

Yeah that's one thing I don't like about the Aussie attitude, Aussies don't even give Superleague any credit at all. They think it's below QLD cup quality. I just say look at the last 7 or so WCC where the Roosters are the only NRL team to win.