General Greatest Warriors Try

mrblonde

mrblonde

Gotta love Steve Price's 55m effort against the Knights! Man was crying for a spot on the wing!

Reactions: 1 users
Makasene

Makasene

2011 finals.

Massive underdogs against the tigers.

20-18 tigers

Last play of game

Special !!!!

One thing I just noticed about this (and I'm not sure if it just the audio of the video) but Shane Hayne blows the whistle before Inu grounds the ball on the second attempt.

Reactions: 1 user
Makasene

Makasene

So so many great memories but for me personally its an easy call.

Have said this many times but the winning play here is not Ropati, Vatuvei or Witt - It is Aidan Kirk.

The way he caught that ball in the in goal with his back turned and Quinn up his ass to give us a 20m restart was as clutch a play as there has ever been in a Warriors jersey.

Reactions: 3 users
Makasene

Makasene

This to me was a great great try. Love Rabs too "CARLAAAAAAAAAAW!"

Makasene

Makasene

Surprised this one hasn't come up - maybe I missed it. "Ali Ali Ali"

Reactions: 2 users
Defence

Defence

Shaun Johnson try against the broncos was probably the greatest individual try I've ever seen.
The one where he broke his leg was the worst try the clubs ever scored.
The one that made me jump the highest out of my chair tho would have to be Lewis brown going over against Melbourne to put us into the g.f- I think proctor is still wondering where the hell Shaun Johnson got to.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
snake77

snake77

A lot of these special moments especially the last minute plays have had me shaking my head thinking what the F did I just watch, or just laughing in amazement.

Yes the club has had issues with consistency over the years and provided some embarrassing times to be a fan. But these are why we come back for more.

A lot of these moments are either special cause they got us into a Grand Final, made history with 8 beating 1, or just been plain crazy (back flips), or amazing individual brilliance.

shuffle

shuffle

Shaun Johnson try against the broncos was probably the greatest individual try I've ever seen.
The one where he broke his leg was the worst try the clubs ever scored.
The one that made me jump the highest out of my chair tho would have to be Lewis brown going over against Melbourne to put us into the g.f- I think proctor is still wondering where the hell Shaun Johnson got to.
Definitely on the clubs worst try. It was like Mufasa dying all over again! “Get up! We gotta go home!” It was depressing!

• Haha
Trugoy

Trugoy

Man so many to choose from but Stacey’s GF try will always stand out for me.
The speed, the evasion, the skill, the occasion, he literally created it out of nothing. Mesmerising.
For nostalgic reasons it’ll always be right up there for me.
Will never forget the buzz watching him touch down.
I think the only time my house will get that stir crazy again will be when we finally bloody win it!!
Was a brilliant moment!
Another more obscure fav was from that same 02’ season against the Cowboys in Townsville.
(Re-telling it from memory because I haven’t seen it since)
We’d just scored and the Cowboys kicked off.
Tookey took the first hit up.
As the D line came up to meet him expecting the usual Tooks smash em’ hit up, they were stunned when instead he put a swerve on and sliced straight through the line.
Tooks was away!!! Funniest and coolest shit ever!
Ok it gets a bit blurry for my memory now but I think Toopi raced up next to him and Tooks handed it off to him...as the fullback came across, Toopi passed it over the top to Cleary who raced away untouched to score under the black dot.
That’s how I remember it...(hope I didn’t just do a try mash up with the Paleaaesina break away :D)
Awesome try!!

defensivebomb

defensivebomb

One of the best things about these last minute tries is hearing the commentators write us off when you know the try is coming.

The other thing I noticed is Shaun Johnson gave us some amazing highlights. Sheesh he could pull some magic out of thin air. Ah well

Warrior482

Warrior482

I now some people hate to bring him up but some of Shaun Johnson’s tries for us were magical.
  1. The jumping side step past Cam Smith and goose step past Cam Munster to score.
  2. The 15/10 on the incredible-meter vs the Sharks
  3. The length of the field vs Penrith
  4. The stepping one vs The Broncos
  5. When he broke his ankle vs Manly/150 vs Manly/ 2012 vs Manly
Magic Johnson!

Wait... i forgot about number 1, probably Johnson's best try. ridiculous footwork and no one better to beat than Smith!

Attachments

• videotogif_2019.03.06_22.20.11.gif
    videotogif_2019.03.06_22.20.11.gif
    11.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Wow
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

Man so many to choose from but Stacey’s GF try will always stand out for me.
The speed, the evasion, the skill, the occasion, he literally created it out of nothing. Mesmerising.
For nostalgic reasons it’ll always be right up there for me.
Will never forget the buzz watching him touch down.
I think the only time my house will get that stir crazy again will be when we finally bloody win it!!
Was a brilliant moment!
Another more obscure fav was from that same 02’ season against the Cowboys in Townsville.
(Re-telling it from memory because I haven’t seen it since)
We’d just scored and the Cowboys kicked off.
Tookey took the first hit up.
As the D line came up to meet him expecting the usual Tooks smash em’ hit up, they were stunned when instead he put a swerve on and sliced straight through the line.
Tooks was away!!! Funniest and coolest shit ever!
Ok it gets a bit blurry for my memory now but I think Toopi raced up next to him and Tooks handed it off to him...as the fullback came across, Toopi passed it over the top to Cleary who raced away untouched to score under the black dot.
That’s how I remember it...(hope I didn’t just do a try mash up with the Paleaaesina break away :D)
Awesome try!!

I actually asked Tooks about that try at one of the Gold Coast Members functions.
He said John Buttigieg raced up from the kick off and tried to take his head off, which allowed him to put on a bit of footwork and we were away!

Ref

Ref

Staceys grand final try was more than just Staceys run. It started with Seuseu hitting it up from the free kick, offloading with numbers on him to PJ Marsh who danced a bit and gave Stacey a great ball to do the rest.