General Greatest Warriors Try

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Damn you Johnny, talk about thinking the same thing at the same time. SNAP

RiceOwl

RiceOwl

The Stacey Jones chip and chase at Brooky was a great one too. Pity it wasn’t a reflection on the entire season, but showed the class he had

Reactions: 4 users
shuffle

shuffle

I now some people hate to bring him up but some of Shaun Johnson’s tries for us were magical.
  1. The jumping side step past Cam Smith and goose step past Cam Munster to score.
  2. The 15/10 on the incredible-meter vs the Sharks
  3. The length of the field vs Penrith
  4. The stepping one vs The Broncos
  5. When he broke his ankle vs Manly/150 vs Manly/ 2012 vs Manly

Magic Johnson!

Reactions: 5 users
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

My favourite one.
2008 Week 2 of the finals vs the Roosters, the week after the Witt try in Melbourne. Full House. There was a big as temporary stand at the North end too, where i was sitting.
We were up 24-13 with less than 10 minutes to go, defending our line.
Then Aidan Kirk intercepted the ball and ran 80m to score right in front of the North Stand. That killed any possible comeback and put us into the Grand Final qualifier.
The place was going NUUUUUTTTSSS.

Honorable mention to Steve Prices 50m run to the line in 07 i think?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
My favourite one.
2008 Week 2 of the finals vs the Roosters, the week after the Witt try in Melbourne. Full House. There was a big as temporary stand at the North end too, where i was sitting.
We were up 24-13 with less than 10 minutes to go, defending our line.
Then Aidan Kirk intercepted the ball and ran 80m to score right in front of the North Stand. That killed any possible comeback and put us into the Grand Final qualifier.
The place was going NUUUUUTTTSSS.

Honorable mention to Steve Prices 50m run to the line in 07 i think?

Remember that game fondly, was screaming over breakfast in London- got some strange looks that morning lol

Reactions: 2 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

McKinnon V Panthers for mine, simple for the fact no-one could spit like him

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
fizurg

fizurg

If anyone else made this post I would think they were a moron but for me it was Shaun Johnson’s three tries against Canberra in five minutes. Each try was a spectacular display of individual brilliance and each try showed different skills to the other two. Just a mind blowing passage of football.

Reactions: 5 users

albeano45

There was a great Stacey Jones solo-try vs the Panthers back around 2001-2002 I think. About 30m out from the line on the last tackle, Stacey shapes to kick to the corner but then quickly spots a gap and decides to run it... breaks the line, running towards the posts with the fullback to beat.. grubbers for himself.. regathers and scores while being tackled.

Another example of Stacey's class and vision!

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
There was a great Stacey Jones solo-try vs the Panthers back around 2001-2002 I think. About 30m out from the line on the last tackle, Stacey shapes to kick to the corner but then quickly spots a gap and decides to run it... breaks the line, running towards the posts with the fullback to beat.. grubbers for himself.. regathers and scores while being tackled.

Another example of Stacey's class and vision!
I think that was the final game of the regular season or close to it and we needed to win it to qualify from memory. I recall it being a must win game and until that try it wasn't looking good. Stacey played out of his skin that game.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So so many great memories but for me personally its an easy call.

Was watching it with about 15 other people in a mates garage sucking back piss and while hopeful we knew it was going to be a near impossible task. When we scored that try we all just went absolutely ballistic and most of us were crying tears of joy. To make history like that and beat the Minor Premiers as well as to share it with so many good mates is a memory I will never forget.

A close second would be this one but the loss still hurts to this day. My favourite individual Warriors try...

AlexM

AlexM

While not as spectacular as the others.
One that's very recent.
Isaac Luke's try after his 40/20 made me lose my shot.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
So so many great memories but for me personally its an easy call.

Was watching it with about 15 other people in a mates garage sucking back piss and while hopeful we knew it was going to be a near impossible task. When we scored that try we all just went absolutely ballistic and most of us were crying tears of joy. To make history like that and beat the Minor Premiers as well as to share it with so many good mates is a memory I will never forget.

A close second would be this one but the loss still hurts to this day. My favourite individual Warriors try...

Went nuts with that Stace try, I was convinced that was our year- sigh 😔 not to be

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

offloader

All 4 tries are awesome, but the Paleaaesina charge from the kick-off... classic

Warriorholic

Warriorholic

Don't think it was a try but Paleasena just breaking the line like a schools boys game, might have been from kick off?

Reactions: 1 user

offloader

Don't think it was a try but Paleasena just breaking the line like a schools boys game, might have been from kick off?
Yeah, in the clip above at about 25 seconds it's his 50 metre charge that was a try assist for Toopi. Great stuff.

Sup42

Sup42

Francis Meli stumbling over the try line half dead from scoring five trys always gave me a laugh.