Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well in text. Just highlighting that some jump quickly to the defence of the left and use the allegedly call but they aren't consistent at all when it comes down to it. In both the alleged greens mp case and alleged Judith Collins conflict of interest.
That was my point too, just without the sarcasm.
Not sure I buy all this left/right bullshit as anything rather than trying to discredit the perceived other side apart from far right and far left. I’m sure I would be perceived as left but I believe in the death penalty, which isn’t very left in what’s perceived. Not everything falls comfortably into a category

That was my point too, just without the sarcasm.
Not sure I buy all this left/right bullshit as anything rather than trying to discredit the perceived other side apart from far right and far left. I’m sure I would be perceived as left but I believe in the death penalty, which isn’t very left in what’s perceived. Not everything falls comfortably into a category
I think, on the whole, most Kiwis are pretty decent. They want an excellent education and health system. They want a fair justice system for all and wrongs of the past made right. They want support to be there for those who need it. They want to think the taxes and rates they pay is used properly and go to where it’s needed. They want to leave the world a better place than when they entered it. They want to live comfortably and peacefully as they get older and have something to be able to give to their friends and family or donate when they pass on. And, they want to just get on with things without too much outside interference.

While people disagree with how to achieve this or who might be best at running things to achieve it, I do think this pretty much sums up both the centre left and centre right.

Think muller was weaker than they anticipated.
Not a criticism, but it's interesting the language that's generally used to describe what's seen as being a failure e.g. weak, when in actual fact it could be that the person just didn't want to be an asshole which seems to be the criteria of some forms of so called leadership - plenty of examples of that around the world

The next 3 years will be telling, certainly will be expecting results with a complete change of direction because with so many countries facing the same challenges as ourselves in so many of the same areas, that excuse of it being all labours fault will wear thin.
The right are extremely organised, and repeated that message ad nauseum without any facts. Our mainstream media lapped it up.

As soon as Labour got in in 2017 the very first business confidence survey reported that businesses had no confidence in the government. No facts, no truth.

We're so far right in this country that what was considered to be quite extreme right policy even 20 years ago is referred to as centre.

You see it in the vitriol aimed at those who dare stick up for any kind of people's rights, be it in housing, education, work. And heaven help you if you're not white and male and you open your mouth too.

Would be nice to see some balance, but sadly, this is reflective of the global situation in western countries. Thanks Atlas.

The Atlas network is real. It's influence is insidious, they are here to undermine democratic process and promote authoritarianism.

Not a criticism, but it's interesting the language that's generally used to describe what's seen as being a failure e.g. weak, when in actual fact it could be that the person just didn't want to be an asshole which seems to be the criteria of some forms of so called leadership - plenty of examples of that around the world
Think Ardern was a good example of a leader that didn’t pander to the pressures of becoming apart of what you mention. Whether you like or hate her, she ran a tight ship that her party were onboard with until David Clark out biking in lockdown without straying from a message decency. Muller I’m sure is a decent person, just not a leader.

Think Ardern was a good example of a leader that didn’t pander to the pressures of becoming apart of what you mention. Whether you like or hate her, she ran a tight ship that her party were onboard with until David Clark out biking in lockdown without straying from a message decency. Muller I’m sure is a decent person, just not a leader.
Muller also got roasted by the media and on social media because they could only see the MAGA cap and ignored the Hillary button on it.

The right are extremely organised, and repeated that message ad nauseum without any facts. Our mainstream media lapped it up.

As soon as Labour got in in 2017 the very first business confidence survey reported that businesses had no confidence in the government. No facts, no truth.

We're so far right in this country that what was considered to be quite extreme right policy even 20 years ago is referred to as centre.

You see it in the vitriol aimed at those who dare stick up for any kind of people's rights, be it in housing, education, work. And heaven help you if you're not white and male and you open your mouth too.

Would be nice to see some balance, but sadly, this is reflective of the global situation in western countries. Thanks Atlas.

The Atlas network is real. It's influence is insidious, they are here to undermine democratic process and promote authoritarianism.
Sorry mate, but a lot of that is nonsense. We aren't far right by world standards. Which extreme right policies 20 years ago would be considered centre now?

As for the vitriol, it certainly works both ways. Ok Boomer? It's easier to point the finger and say male, white man than it is to actually realise that the majority of NZers don't want the country very far to the left or right of centre. There is a reason why the majority of the votes go to labour or national each election. It seems that minority parties that get generally 5-10 percent of the vote think that this is an indication or a mandate for them. The reality is the 'extreme' right and left parties (ACT and the Greens) get a similar share of the votes in general each election (+/- a margin). The real majority of NZers are happy, and rightly so, with a central position.

Last edited:
Back