General Great Crowds, Shame About The Team.......

Erm, no.

I was refferring to the total number of people who attended the regular season home games - no NZ super rugby team came close..

Regardless of that fact, your statement that the Blues, Crusaders and Cheifs all had higher average attendances than the Warriors for the regular season is also not true.

Firstly, you said no Super 15 team came close right after quoting the average crowd figures. You didn't mention anything about total figures in your post.

Secondly, if you think 17,111 (for the Warriors) is greater than 17,555 (for the blues) then there's really no point arguing.

Reactions: tajhay
We'll be back hard. We have a very good team who were taught a brilliant lesson this year. We are not shit, we were just under coached and played below our ability. We'll be back with a better coach and a desire to succeed. We're in good shape we'll make the 8 and from there, it's a lottery and we'll be in great shape to go as far as we did last year.

Reactions: mrblonde
Firstly, you said no Super 15 team came close right after quoting the average crowd figures. You didn't mention anything about total figures in your post.

Secondly, if you think 17,111 (for the Warriors) is greater than 17,555 (for the blues) then there's really no point arguing.

We were watched at home by at total of 205,334 people with and average of 17,111 people.

The only place where I could find any reference to your 17,555 figure per game for the Blues - which still only equates to 140,444 in total - was Wikipedia (which, as we all know, is updated by rugby fans who guess the official attendances at games in NZ where - with the exception of Westpac Stadium - official attendances are never given.)

So who does do the official figures for the Super 15? Surely that should be the domain of Sanzar?

And same for the NRL, since we're on that subject. I'll swear on a stack of RLWs that the alleged "official" Warriors home crowd has been cooked by an extra thou or two on occassion - I don't believe the crowd for the Penrith game was 11,000-odd, more like 9,000 to me...

I remember back in the 1999 when there was discussion about which Sydney team would be given the chop, teams were allegedly taking photos (literally dozens, if the rumour is true, stand by stand etc) of all the other Sydney team's home games and counting the number of empty seats, to use as ammunition if their participation in the NRL was ever called into question.

The only two stadiums in New Zealand which seem to publish attendances are Mount Smart and Westpac.

If you go to a proper country, like England, the attendance of all 60-odd football matches and 12 rugby and league matches are all published to the nearest man in the results section of the newspapers.

Don't know anything about Rugby so won't comment.

The breakers is the Franchise we should be looking at.

Stacked with the best NZ players and more than a token number of high quality Imports , check out their popularity.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Don't know anything about Rugby so won't comment.

The breakers is the Franchise we should be looking at.

Stacked with the best NZ players and more than a token number of high quality Imports , check out their popularity.

They have done unbelievably well.

Possibly the top sports franchise in the country in terms of image, support, and lately results.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anyone else read about the dwindling crowds and tv viewership for the NPC this season in today's papers?

Has been an ongoing trend for the last decade or so. Both NPC and Super 15. Even the All Blacks games dont sell out these days. Unheard of 15 years ago. About the time I stopped watching the game. Got too complicated and boring with all the rucks and mauls or the constant aerial ping pong kicking back and forth. Played the game as a youngster for 15 years right through to college but I dont understand the game now with its rules and (this is what really pisses me off) 'interpretations'. Thats just my opinion anyway. Interested to hear others thoughts...