Great game so far. Watching the coverage a bit delayed.

Is it just me or does NZ have the worst stadium music?
Did I hear Sweet Caroline and the fucking Exponents.
Funny thing the Japanese started singing it at the RWC too. It's become Kiwi stadium standard now. It's a song all Kiwis know to how to sing. Sad thing is Jordan Luck is hardly ever sober enough to appreciate how popular his song is still. Rehab is his staple.

Sweet Caroline is the mystery. I don't know how that became just as popular. I suspect it's a series of concerts that happened around the time of the Chch earthquakes. Neil Diamond was here for the last time.

Reactions: snake77 and Rizzah
Gotta say Madge doing a great job. Could he coach Warriors and Kiwis?
We are so desperate we should probably be asking can he be asking if he could coach the Kiwis, Tigers and Warriors.

We are luck for the Kiwis that he didn't want to give the job up when he got an NRL job. He said he just loves to coach so the dual roles was something he was up to doing. If 2018 was a poor year we probably could of got him and he could of been based in NZ full time.

We are so desperate we should probably be asking can he be asking if he could coach the Kiwis, Tigers and Warriors.

We are luck for the Kiwis that he didn't want to give the job up when he got an NRL job. He said he just loves to coach so the dual roles was something he was up to doing. If 2018 was a poor year we probably could of got him and he could of been based in NZ full time.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Man I want him at the Warriors. The players clearly respond to him.

bruce

Contributor
Just IMO after watching both GB tests.

They were very physical games which shows how tough the Tongans were to take the Poms out and then Aussie a week later. It was one advantage of the terrible seating at Eden Park, the defence really showed up for some reason.

SOO is ping pong in comparison.

The Kiwi pattern was disciplined and the players all had faith in it. That was obvious from the scrambling defence.
Compare that to the Warriors who have no belief in anything, even themselves. Probably because the coach knows he is a claytons as well, seriously.

Big Ken is a winger, sorry guys. His metres are just a bonus.

CNK is an international class centre, whoever let him go should be sacked...now. Just amazing incompetence.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Just under 9,000 tonight....pathetic
25000 were at the Akld triple header and perhaps 80% were Tongan supporters. These 3 games were extensively advertised and without Tonga’s win vs GB the previous week, I’d estimate that the crowd would have been less than 20k.
Based on the above info, would a Kiwi vs GB game in AUCKLAND, without Tongan support attract more than 10000???

I don't understand all the love for Maguire. The Kiwis haven't looked that great in his tenure. Yes they defended well the last couple of weeks but it's not like they have been overly tested considering the opposition was only fielding 1 centre and 1 winger.

Yes he is a premiership winner but his time there went downhill pretty quickly. Then he got to the Tigers and inherited a poor roster, but Brooks seemed to go backwards and his best player couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I think it's the whole love affair with Benji that is annoying me too