Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
TMM/Metcalf warm up combo for 2 years in a row

What's with our halves and serious injuries lol

Can someone please check on Ronnie Volkman lol. Pretty bad few weeks for him.

Secures a release from the Warriors with 2 more years and lots more money to get more first grade exposure.

Signs a 1 year deal with the shitty Dragons - huge step down for him!

Starts training with them before the contract being registered and medical is done, ends up finding out he needs surgery and as a result has his contract torn up.

A week later SJ goes down with a likely long term injury. If Ronnie was here, he likely would be in contention to replace SJ for those first few weeks and wouldn't have had the medical that picked up the injury to his shoulder.

I know that last part is speculation on my part but jeeze, you have to feel sorry for the bloke. My guess is well see another half injury before the start of the season which really would have put him in the box seat to start the year off for us. The rest of the team is largely fit so he would have had a a good 2-5 weeks to show what he's got with a good forward pack, as opposed to the set up against the Dolphins with out B team haha

Can someone please check on Ronnie Volkman lol. Pretty bad few weeks for him.

Secures a release from the Warriors with 2 more years and lots more money to get more first grade exposure.

Signs a 1 year deal with the shitty Dragons - huge step down for him!

Starts training with them before the contract being registered and medical is done, ends up finding out he needs surgery and as a result has his contract torn up. Hi

A week later SJ goes down with a likely long term injury. If Ronnie was here, he likely would be in contention to replace SJ for those first few weeks and wouldn't have had the medical that picked up the injury to his shoulder.

I know that last part is speculation on my part but jeeze, you have to feel sorry for the bloke. My guess is well see another half injury before the start of the season which really would have put him in the box seat to start the year off for us. The rest of the team is largely fit so he would have had a a good 2-5 weeks to show what he's got with a good forward pack, as opposed to the set up against the Dolphins with out B team haha
But just because he doesn’t have a medical to pick up a stuffed shoulder - doesn’t mean the shoulder not stuffed if he stayed here as well.

If Ronnie stayed he'd tackle the Tigers or whoever we play in the opening warm up game with his chocolate shoulder and he'll be on the Warriors system for rehab where Warriors might think twice about letting him go after spending a year's resource getting him right lol, how a manager or broker can F up your life eh

SJ out with a high ankle sprain. 6-8 weeks usually but he's no spring chicken, so might be even longer. We'll be lucky if he's right in time for the season opener....

High ankle sprain also known as a Syndesmotic sprain

Here is what google says

Syndesmotic ankle sprains account for 11% to 17% of all ankle sprains in athletic populations. Most of these injuries occur in collision sports such as American football, ice hockey, rugby, lacrosse, and wrestling. Few people who sustain syndesmosis sprains without fractures have radiographic evidence of tibiofibular syndesmosis instability. Consequently, most syndesmotic ankle sprains are treated nonsurgically with a rehabilitation program. There are currently no randomized clinical trials or case control studies to guide rehabilitation. Our preferred approach involves a 3-phase program. The first phase is directed at promoting healing by protecting the joint while minimizing pain, inflammation, muscle weakness, and loss of motion. Patients transition from this acute phase to the subacute phase of rehabilitation when they are able to ambulate in full weightbearing with minimal discomfort. The subacute phase of rehabilitation is directed at normalizing range of motion, strength, gait, and basic function in the patient’s activities of daily living. Patients progress to the advanced training phase when they are able to jog and hop without pain or instability. The advanced training phase focuses on preparing the patient to return to sports participation or his or her activities of choice. Athletes are allowed to return to sport when they can perform their sport-specific tasks at game speed with good movement quality and no significant complaints of pain or instability. Evidence suggests that syndesmosis sprains typically require 6 to 8 weeks for recovery, but this is variable. Chronic pain, instability, and functional limitations are common after syndesmosis sprains. Future research should focus on developing more sensitive and specific physical examination methods, assessing the predictive value of imaging after injury, and evaluating the most appropriate treatment approaches for the various presentations of syndesmotic ankle sprains.

SJ out with a high ankle sprain. 6-8 weeks usually but he's no spring chicken, so might be even longer. We'll be lucky if he's right in time for the season opener....

This is catastrophic, with it being his ankle he is going to come in underdone and likely be very much behind the pace. Also this time of the year is when teams usually start implementing and refining their game plan and style of play, so not having our general out on the training paddock is really going to mess things up. Could be quite a rough start to the season.

If Ronnie stayed he'd tackle the Tigers or whoever we play in the opening warm up game with his chocolate shoulder and he'll be on the Warriors system for rehab where Warriors might think twice about letting him go after spending a year's resource getting him right lol, how a manager or broker can F up your life eh

Yeah fair call and everything I wrote was speculation ofcourse, but the injury is interesting, obviously trained here with it, then trained with the Dragons too so must have been quite hard to spot if both clubs and RV didn't pick up on it...

But yeah was just thinking what a cruel bit of irony that likely the main reason he left - having no game time as SJ went Godmode - disappeared at least for a short while after SJ injured his ankle

This is catastrophic, with it being his ankle he is going to come in underdone and likely be very much behind the pace. Also this time of the year is when teams usually start implementing and refining their game plan and style of play, so not having our general out on the training paddock is really going to mess things up. Could be quite a rough start to the season.
meh, they'd be being cautious at this point - we the public will have no idea how serious an injury it is

You two having a couple of jars?
Might be bullshit, see if you can beat him in an arm wrestle.
You two having a couple of jars?
Might be bullshit, see if you can beat him in an arm wrestle.
Over The Top is one of my all time faves

Would have to try and get him on his dud side

Nah read it on foxsports and was his “take” saying no hard feelings for either club and he’s up for $50K surgery cost and then rehab

He knew injured but now that bad

But yeah I just read it

I really curious what kind of doctor decribes something/injury as fealing like chocolate. Like what kind of chocolate? A cadbury chunky bar? Milky bar? Hersheys kiss? What a vague diagnosis!

I really curious what kind of doctor decribes something/injury as fealing like chocolate. Like what kind of chocolate? A cadbury chunky bar? Milky bar? Hersheys kiss? What a vague diagnosis!
IMG_2414.jpeg

Aussie doctors are baffled 🤣

Metcalfs gotta be there
I don't think so. If SJ is injured then a more experienced head at 6 with TMM and CHT at 7 I think is needed. Metcalf is not going to get us around the park and certainly doesn't have the ball playing ability to create those set plays we see in the opposition end of the field. Reality is SJ is the one person we can't really do without so whoever takes his place is not going to be able to replicate what he can do. TMM and CHT is the better option IMO.

I don't think so. If SJ is injured then a more experienced head at 6 with TMM and CHT at 7 I think is needed. Metcalf is not going to get us around the park and certainly doesn't have the ball playing ability to create those set plays we see in the opposition end of the field. Reality is SJ is the one person we can't really do without so whoever takes his place is not going to be able to replicate what he can do. TMM and CHT is the better option IMO.
Cht will have to really impress in training .
Been out of the game for a year

Hopefully he can but game management is not his forte

Tmm at 7 and Metcalfe 6

Last edited: