who will win

• bulldogs

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • storm

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
Miket12

Miket12

You can't go wrong with the kind of defense the Storm applied tonight. Even if they do go around you, they will have to go backwards first and that gives time for cover from the middle. Of course for this sort of defense, you need smart and agile outside backs, and that's why the Warriors are hopeless on the edges.
What supprised me was how often the Storm wingers were coming in field, like ours did, but unlike ours, they were able to stop the attack. If that had been the Warriors trying to defend like that, we wouldn't have won the GF like the Storm but would have suffered a huge loss.

Really impressed with Lowie and Nielsen last night, both showed a lot more on attack than I thought they would.

Looked like Inu still had Warriors coaching in him when a got caught out during the Storm's first try... ala Moloney's attempted tackle in the first game against the Raiders. A case of 'once was Warrior' I guess.

Buck777

What supprised me was how often the Storm wingers were coming in field, like ours did, but unlike ours, they were able to stop the attack. If that had been the Warriors trying to defend like that, we wouldn't have won the GF like the Storm but would have suffered a huge loss.

Really impressed with Lowie and Nielsen last night, both showed a lot more on attack than I thought they would.

Looked like Inu still had Warriors coaching in him when a got caught out during the Storm's first try... ala Moloney's attempted tackle in the first game against the Raiders. A case of 'once was Warrior' I guess.
Impressed me too, though as I said before - its risky. To me it signals again what a good coach and total strategist Bellamy is. He would have worked out the dogs would struggle to have the pace out wide.
To give cleary his dues I think he out strategised Bellamy last year though. His defence plan closed down Smith and Cronk which is something Hasler didn't do

mode81

mode81

Excellent game Jesse Bromwich, while Kasiano hogged the spotlight Bromwich went under the radar and just got better and better!. If Kasiano decides to do the dog act and play for Oz then I'm happy we've got Jesse he had an epic final and a great season. How do The Warriors manage to make Melbourne look average sometimes? something I've always wondered.

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

Far out honestly it was worst case scenario for me and the famz last night

we were just watching the pre match entertainment

then my part of blockhouse bay decided to have a friggin power cut!!!

just restarted when Oneil scored his try lolz

Reactions: 2 users

Xfactor

Excellent game Jesse Bromwich, while Kasiano hogged the spotlight Bromwich went under the radar and just got better and better!. If Kasiano decides to do the dog act and play for Oz then I'm happy we've got Jesse he had an epic final and a great season. How do The Warriors manage to make Melbourne look average sometimes? something I've always wondered.
Bellamy can't strategise against a team with no game-plan and no obvious routines. :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
Pozza

Pozza

Storms outside backs decision making and the way they carried it out was outstanding. The Dogs 2nd man & 3rd man plays were shut down completly.

mode81

mode81

Bellamy can't strategise against a team with no game-plan and no obvious routines. :eek:

When we beat them in the 2008 finals we looked structured

Same as last season, both times we beat them we looked way more structured and focused then them pretty much out-Melbourned Melbourne! then we play other sides and look like crap.

Danco

Danco

:) Hope not, but you never know, Danco. All the pundits seem to be going for a close one, but what chance a blowout like when Storm got hammered by Manly?

Would be a sad way for a pretty poor finals series to end.
A shame but I got it so wrong.

Xfactor

When we beat them in the 2008 finals we looked structured

Same as last season, both times we beat them we looked way more structured and focused then them pretty much out-Melbourned Melbourne! then we play other sides and look like crap.
True. Ain't it frustrating that we can consistently challenge one of the best teams in the NRL for the past few years, yet be totally outclassed by more inferior teams that get smashed by the Storm?
My point though was that it would be difficult for most coaches to work out what the Warriors are going to bring when, alot of the time, they don't know themselves.

Reactions: 1 user
Moz

Moz

Inu has def got to be thinking he is a jinx now been involved in 3 losing GF's now, if the doggies make the GF next year they may wanna bench him for the final itself.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Inu has def got to be thinking he is a jinx now been involved in 3 losing GF's now, if the doggies make the GF next year they may wanna bench him for the final itself.
perhaps they could off-load him to another club mid-season to avoid this situation?;)

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Superleague players don't neccesarily come to the NRL for the dollars. Superleague is able to offer a lot more money than the NRL. Usually they come for the opportunities that playing in the toughest comp in the world can bring. I'm not saying he is on small change, but I wouldn't say because he was a top ESL player would guarantee him big bucks .
don't forget 3rd party agreements, sam burgess is apparently on $200k. top up with his tv stuff and the compression gear ads i guess.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Pretty one sided despite the scoreline. Maybe Melbourne should look for a new goal kicker. It looked like the Bulldogs tried to bite more than they could chew;)

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Bluey take note. Defence wins premierships!

Storm D outstanding. Just moved up all game cut off any chance to for the dogs to go wide, then scrambled like hell if there was a breach. Great tactics, great structure, great coach.
hmm seems bellamy's tackle the player with the ball technique beats bluey's let them beat you on the outside technique. who knew?

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Impressed me too, though as I said before - its risky. To me it signals again what a good coach and total strategist Bellamy is. He would have worked out the dogs would struggle to have the pace out wide.
To give cleary his dues I think he out strategised Bellamy last year though. His defence plan closed down Smith and Cronk which is something Hasler didn't do
bellamy has the players to implement nearly any plan. if he comes here he is going to burst a valve seeing our players consistantly going away from game plans, making poor choices, Shaun Johnson will be jinking and jiving instead of setting up the plays. unless of course, cronk comes with him. :)

Buck777

Ai690photobucketcom albums vv269 Buck777 299409 413579142028885 1455619877 n