who will win

• bulldogs

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • storm

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
bigstu

bigstu

am i the only one that thinks the bulldogs have more star players in there team than what melbourne had when they were over the cap. who ever runs there accounts is a genius

Qtownwarrior

Qtownwarrior

Will be watching it all the way over in Canada, might be a struggle to find a bar playing it though!

Dogs to win

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

am i the only one that thinks the bulldogs have more star players in there team than what melbourne had when they were over the cap. who ever runs there accounts is a genius
You got to remember that part of their squad is being subsidised by other teams. The Warriors are still paying the largest part of Inu's contract, and I assume there is a similar deal on Sam Perrett.

I have no doubt the Dogs are going all the way. They have such a unity in their team.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I regard the Storm as our true rivals and not the Broncos. So in saying that, I hate them and wouldnt back them ever! Bulldogs all the way. Billy Slater to have a brain explosion moment! One the Storm to be sin binned for a grapple tackle. 3rd ref to have a howler! Bring it on...

Reactions: 1 user
PolarBob

PolarBob

Bomb Barba again and again and again. Also make him work it out from his right side. Defend as normal, up in their faces quickly. Get Inu and Wright making defensive decisions. Badger the Refs about the Dogs not being square at marker.

Don't think the Dogs have been put under enough pressure this year. They've been so good they haven't had to deal with things going pair shaped much.

If they get through Melbourne in a GF they'll have well and truly earned the plaudits.

Go Storm.

bigstu

bigstu

probably the last thing the storm will do is give the best player in the game plenty of kick return chances i'd say they will either kick it out or just kick it dead against him.

And Nig the club are only paying half salarys on two players what about the rest of there big money players Josh morris (aus,nsw rep), Ben Barba, eastwood (kiwi rep) Pritchard (kiwi rep), Aiden tolemen, james graham (eng rep), dave stagg, ennis all most of these players were all imported into this club aswell as being on big salarys. so what everyone is saying the bulldogs were so far under the cap that they had enough room to pay half salarys to two extra players mid year come on most teams by the start of the year a right at the cap limit and these a just the players in the 17 don't forget they paid shitloads for trent hodgkinson from manly

PolarBob

PolarBob

probably the last thing the storm will do is give the best player in the game plenty of kick return chances i'd say they will either kick it out or just kick it dead against him.

That's certainly what most do, and the Storm might follow suit. But the Storm have always seemed more about pressure to me.

I remember when we beat them in the prelim last year. Cronk was trying to claw them into Warrior territory late in the game and kicked it dead around our 20. Bellamy was fuming. He wanted the ball kept in play to put us under the pump.

Kicking it dead negates a Dogs strength rather than pressuring a weakness. If the Storm think a team has a weakness they'll try to exploit it and Barba has a high ball issue. He's not 'catch one and he's fine the rest of the game' like Manu.

Morris ran lines to protect him last week and got pinged once, so there are other opportunities off bombing Barba.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Storm for me I think bulldogs will try and bash the storm but will end up running out of fuel in 2nd half.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

And Nig the club are only paying half salarys on two players what about the rest of there big money players Josh morris (aus,nsw rep), Ben Barba, eastwood (kiwi rep) Pritchard (kiwi rep), Aiden tolemen, james graham (eng rep), dave stagg, ennis all most of these players were all imported into this club aswell as being on big salarys. so what everyone is saying the bulldogs were so far under the cap that they had enough room to pay half salarys to two extra players mid year come on most teams by the start of the year a right at the cap limit and these a just the players in the 17 don't forget they paid shitloads for trent hodgkinson from manly

They are only paying $50K for Inu, the Warriors kicking in the other $250K (it will be similar with Perrett). If a team left themselves that close to the cap, then they are foolish. Ivan had the exact predicament this season. His team played so near the cap that if they had any more injuries, he couldn't field a full team, as there was no money left to pay any more second tier contracts to bring new players into the squad.

There are only a few players there who will be on big money - Ennis and Morris and perhaps Prichard. Barba was still an unknown quantity until this season. His performances this year will result in a massive salary increase next year and beyond, but I doubt they are paying a big contract on him right now. Eastwood will be on average money for an International rep. Tolman and Graham, I would expect will be 300-400K, and Stagg slightly less. Even the halves will be on tiny dollars. They would have to have the cheapest halves pairing in the comp. I don't see any massive salaries at all. There are probably 5 or 6 salaries that top the Dogs on the opposition team today.

And although some teams appear to push the cap, I don't think any team has the guts to replicate a Storm-esque salary cap fraud, so even if any team were over, it would only be by 10s of thousands, not big money.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Could well be true then.

Interesting that had it not been for the injury toll the Doggies had he'd still be here in all likelihood - well would have been until the end if the season.
Yep, he'd still be in the Vulcans!

PolarBob

PolarBob

The Doggies, too big, too strong, they will run over the Storm. I hope??

:) Hope not, but you never know, Danco. All the pundits seem to be going for a close one, but what chance a blowout like when Storm got hammered by Manly?

Would be a sad way for a pretty poor finals series to end.

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
:) Hope not, but you never know, Danco. All the pundits seem to be going for a close one, but what chance a blowout like when Storm got hammered by Manly?

Would be a sad way for a pretty poor finals series to end.

Hush your mouth:eek: