Staff Graham Henry

All that time Sir Peter has spent kayaking around Waiheke with Sir Graham has paid off!!!!
10277108_901964379857754_5484671708852425550_n[2].jpg

Australian Cricket run all 3 versions, they do like to include indoor when looking at stats which was being played by 170K people in 2014, overall they reckon overall a million players registered through various comps in 2014.
Soccer is the most played but those fuckers would get a hiding saying it was the National Sport lol.

I like your point and I can live with throwing in with Yawnion but I think you've crossed the line lumping us in with Aerial Ping Pong and Poofball;)

Does that make it the National game though? At the moment Rugby is the Internationally recognised National Game, it has the most sponsorship and is played in every school. When it comes down to it Bigotry is alive and kicking over there, the Old Rah Rah Toffe nosed bullshit that game has been built on World Wide still has the people in the right places, just like they do in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Sorry Mode- #notsoanonymoushijacker

Are you suggesting that rugby union is played in every school in South Africa and that it has more people playing and watching it in that country than football?

Nice piece on NRL 360 that put Henry's appointment into some perspective.
He is support for Cappy around some operational matters - he doesn't know league.
The importance of his appointment is that the club are fully supporting Cappy, he ain't going anywhere!
Uncle Ivan looked a bit bummed when they asked for his expert comments!

Reactions: bruce and 6 Again
Are you suggesting that rugby union is played in every school in South Africa and that it has more people playing and watching it in that country than football?
Apparently it is played in every school,

I didn't say the other bit at all what I said was that Soccer isn't their National Sport, I concur it is their most played game and have all along.

Soccer is to South Africa what Bowling is to America, and Bowling isn't their National sport, these days you could even lay the same argument with Soccer in the USA with massive participation rates but that isn't their National Sport and never will be recognised that way.

Maybe down the track Soccer might get recognised as the National Sport of SA but that will take a while because they haven't come that far in 20 odd years and Institutionalism doesn't go away so fast.

Sorry Mode

Apparently it is played in every school,

I didn't say the other bit at all what I said was that Soccer isn't their National Sport, I concur it is their most played game and have all along.

Soccer is to South Africa what Bowling is to America, and Bowling isn't their National sport, these days you could even lay the same argument with Soccer in the USA with massive participation rates but that isn't their National Sport and never will be recognised that way.

Maybe down the track Soccer might get recognised as the National Sport of SA but that will take a while because they haven't come that far in 20 odd years and Institutionalism doesn't go away so fast.

Sorry Mode

But soccer is recognised as their national sport?

I read somewhere that the local soccer leagues are in decline as the fans are turning to the premier league, bundasleague, la liga etc but that attendances for local soccer were still over three times higher over a season than for rugby.

Last edited:
I was going to post when this news was announced that it is an internal review.

The idea of mentorship doesn't fit at all.

A review disguised as an offer to help fits perfectly.

The time frame is the first thing to consider. You cannot mentor anyone in one month.

One Month is the time frame that a review of the Warriors usually happens, ergo the last review when Stephen Kearney un officially spent several weeks there.

To get a real review the club needs someone independent, someone truly external.

If it were a metorship...the warriors know from the Hart years, that it has to be an ongoing pairing to make any difference.

Henry is the same in status as Heart.

Same kind of Chess move.

Except Henry only wants a month of it and for it to stay top secret...so as not to tarnish his rep by attaching it to the Warriors in any kind of meaningful....outcome based way.

It is a review,,,,and there can only be one logical outcome.....sack players.

Last edited:
I was going to post when this news was announced that it is an internal review.

The idea of mentorship doesn't fit at all.

A review disguised as an offer to help fits perfectly.

The time frame is the first thing to consider. You cannot mentor anyone in one month.

One Month is the time frame that a review of the Warriors usually happens, ergo the last review when Stephen Kearney un officially spent several weeks there.

To get a real review the club needs someone independent, someone truly external.

Of it were a metorship...the warriors know from the Hart years, that it has to be an ongoing pairing to make any difference.

Henry is the same in status as Heart.

Same kind of Chess move.

Except Henry only wants a month of it and for it to stay top secret...so as not to tarnish his rep by attaching it to the Warriors in any kind of meaningful....outcome based way.

I'd say there would be some serious promoting of players as well. Looking at the guys who have the right stuff and elevating them to the positions that they deserve to be in is probably more important than choosing who's throat to cut.

Then after that, putting the fat heads and numbskulls in their rightful place would be a good idea....

Maybe latrine duties, maybe the sidewalk... Whatever works for the greater good.

Reactions: Sup42

bruce

Contributor
A review means you are in trouble and you don't know how to fix it. That might mean we don't have a coach and can't find another one, or we have $500,000 a year players we don't want and are signed until 2018...and that is just for starters...then maybe we have an elephant in the room that won't budge. Graham Henry can fix that?o_O

maybe it is a review

and as for the players i believe they will be put into categories

1. players we can not lose at a ll - hard workers, leaders, guys that give training, game day, charity work everything they have. guys that are 2 hour athletes

2. players that have potential and could use a bit of work - they have some of the traits of the above but maybe are missing a few things, maybe they arent a 24 hour athlete. maybe they put in 100% at training but lack something on game day.

3. players who will be shown the door - these guys may have x factor skill or are big and strong but they either dont put in at training, have bad attitudes or arent willing to change

There are players we'd all like to see shown the door but to sack a player they'd need to be in breach of their contract wouldn't they? Look at the trouble their having trying to move Hurrell on.

Reactions: Sup42
There are players we'd all like to see shown the door but to sack a player they'd need to be in breach of their contract wouldn't they?
Exactly right.
The Warriors will have trouble moving people on because those same people have sabotaged the reputation of the club to point where we are a laughing stock.

Who is going to want to buy the offloads of the laughing stock ?

These are examples of the false economy player power builds...on the one hand too costly for the Warriors to release...on the other hand too costly for other parties to take a gamble on.

We must be one of the most ready to pay other people to cash in on our players type of clubs in the competition.

This is a beautiful model for departing lazy players. it's like some Kiwi saver scheme where he employer contributes dollar for dollar whether you bother to be any good at your job or not moving forwards.